Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wind Test

Reaction score
Ming is the MAN. Love his videos and I'm really glad he did this test. Makes me feel that much better flying my H in somewhat windy conditions.

Reactions: Andyzonk and BobW55
He the man! I want to see him dong a diving one hand catch just as he shuts off the motors!

As of now, there are 5 dislike votes by DJI trolls! Go to Youtube and vote your like for Ming.

I have been trying to decide between an "H' and a Phantom 4. One of my big questions was the ability to fly in the wind because I live in a windy area. I have flown my 4K in 15 mph but I don't think I would go above that. I have seen Phantoms flying wind in 20 mph easily. I looks like the "H" can handle a lot of wind. Does anyone else have any wind experiences they would like to add?

I've posted previously that I flew in winds of 20-22MPH the other night (per weather.com) and a few days before that 21 MPH with some stronger gusts and handling was never in doubt. My only concern was about landing but had a more sheltered spot to land in. Not sure that I'm up to attempting hand catches yet.

He the man! I want to see him dong a diving one hand catch just as he shuts off the motors!

As of now, there are 5 dislike votes by DJI trolls! Go to Youtube and vote your like for Ming.

Have you seen that crazy video of his where he loses a quad while flying over water and he dives in shirt, pants, shoes and all and gets it back like a boss.

Wow, haven't seen that. Crazy guy.

I just remembered I had posted this short video taken with my phone last week when I hovered in winds reported to be 21 MPH:

I just looked and am honored that the DJI trolls are giving me thumbs down on my Typhoon H videos. Come on now, that video of me chasing the sheep around is pretty cool but it still gets thumbs down?? :)

Wow, haven't seen that. Crazy guy.

I just remembered I had posted this short video taken with my phone last week when I hovered in winds reported to be 21 MPH:

I just looked and am honored that the DJI trolls are giving me thumbs down on my Typhoon H videos. Come on now, that video of me chasing the sheep around is pretty cool but it still gets thumbs down?? :)

Well, I didn't remember seeing it BUT I noticed I had given it a Thumbs Up so I guess I had and just forgot about it. In fairness it is really short lol.

Reactions: HarveyC
My shortest ever! Next time I'll do landing gear up! Landing gear down.... no difference. Landing gear up! :)

Loving the auto pan with this bird, finding that a slow climb with auto pan gives lovely results !

H is flying on 4 motors...???

Interesting on my first flight sadly not recorded I also hit a tree branch which broke one propeller completely . The result was a perfectly sedate and controlled landing, no spinning at all. Was it the fact that the stopped blade interfered with the aerodynamics that caused the spin? Could be that a snapped off propeller causes a different flight characteristic than a stopped motor. The spinning Typhoon is definitely a hand catch job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop