Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wiring diagram

Reaction score
Does anyone have wiring diagram of q with clear pictures of where each wire from the board goes? From what I can get online there always seems to be something in the way or it’s an extreme closeup of the board, or closeup of something else without full view of point A to point B.

I searched on this site and there was a post a long time ago with a link but the link is no longer valid. I just upgraded my q to the rekonheli and having difficulty putting it back properly. I have gps, main led down but don’t know which plug goes to receiver, at least I think I have the other identified correctly. I’m afraid to give it juice unless I’m 100% sure all is correct. Picture below is what I have. I did write diagram as I was taking it part and recorded it properly however....and you’re going to laugh...but....my dog ate it, like she legit ate it, lol.

Thanks a bunch. Oh, and this site is amazing for information, I also just bought an H serious and you regulars cover virtually everything in regards to things one needs to know.

IMG_4313.jpg

BIG WARNING!
Since you mislabeled the rear LED and receiver in your drawing, I suspect you removed the receiver pig tail from your board. If you are having to rewire it, you must understand Yuneec played some strange games with the wiring color of the receiver. The colors are neither consistent, nor are they standard. At the board itself, BLACK is HOT. RED is ground. And to further confuse you, they switched colors at one of the connectors between the board and the receiver.
Use this drawing. Study it carefully. Follow the wires by the NUMBERS, not the colors.
See Attachment 36 (Typhoon Q Series Receiver Connections ) In the document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project".
Click on the attachment title in the document menu, it will take you to the actual attachment.

Reactions: DoomMeister
BIG WARNING!
Since you mislabeled the rear LED and receiver in your drawing, I suspect you removed the receiver pig tail from your board. If you are having to rewire it, you must understand Yuneec played some strange games with the wiring color of the receiver. The colors are neither consistent, nor are they standard. At the board itself, BLACK is HOT. RED is ground. And to further confuse you, they switched colors at one of the connectors between the board and the receiver.
Use this drawing. Study it carefully. Follow the wires by the NUMBERS, not the colors.
See Attachment 36 (Typhoon Q Series Receiver Connections ) In the document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project".
Click on the attachment title in the document menu, it will take you to the actual attachment.

You’re the best! Thank you. One other question: I replaced mother board, and only the board-all other components are same, and when looking at the wiring from my receiver to the board via the wires, they aren’t matching in same order. Coming from the receiver they’re (in order from left to right: blue..white...red...black. However, on the other wire the black and red wires are swapped. I posted photo of it (not my photo). Can you explain why it’s like that? Do the wires have to match up and what is the function of each wire? IMG_4318.jpg

The picture above is wired correctly. The color swaps and other oddities are what I was trying to warn you about. The differences are marked on this drawing, and the major color swap you see is shown in relation to the drawing you provided above.
Are you beginning to understand why so many folks get this wrong?

Color Swap.jpg

The picture above is wired correctly. The color swaps and other oddities are what I was trying to warn you about. The differences are marked on this drawing, and the major color swap you see is shown in relation to the drawing you provided above.
Are you beginning to understand why so many folks get this wrong?

View attachment 21873

Yes I do, and thanks so much. You saved me some heartache.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval