Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard question

Reaction score
I'm just wondering is it possible to use wizard as camera target?
I mean flying is controlled from ST16 and camera is heading to the position of Wizard.

YEs I think that is what it was designed for. so you can do "Follow Me" with the Wizard. I have not done it with mine it takes to long to set up and learn. I may toy with it in the near future.

Yes,in your box there should be a waterproof cover for it, The H will key in on the wizard when used in conjunction with the several autonomous flight configurations.

To my understanding you have to control the H with wizard if you use follow or watch me with it.
I'm thinking is it possible to fly H with ST16 and make the camera follow (watch) the wizard?

I'm just wondering is it possible to use wizard as camera target?
I mean flying is controlled from ST16 and camera is heading to the position of Wizard.
You have it backwards, wizard controls the H, ST16 controls the camera.

Actually, I think they can be binded also the way wizard controls camera. But that's not actually the point.
Maybe this should be put in the list of feature requests. I would like to have a mode where wizard acts just as a camera target.
You could fly any way you want, but the camera always points to the direction where wizard is.

This would be an awesome feature. I don't see that it should be that hard to do. I wrote a thread on using the wizard without the st16 but you still need either the st16 or a tablet with the cgo3 app to start and stop record even though there is a button combination that says you can do that with the wizard but, doesn't seem to work... I think the Yuneec manual writers did a little to much copy paste on this one.

Not trying to sound ninny ninny boo boo but fyi, record works on my wiz Kev.

Yes if you wanna the cam following the Wizard you have to start with the Wizard.
The ST16 is only for controlling the cam then (team mode).
But you don't need the ST16 for that, you can leave it at home.
For that you can use the CGO3 App on a mobile device and connect with your mobile device to your CGO3 cam.
Then you fly with the Wizard and have the Cam Live View on your mobile device.
Cam Tilt can be controlled by the Wizard (with the Cam Buttons) and Cam Pan is controlled by giering your H.
The only thing i miss when flying with the Wizard is that i can't switch between Rabbit/Turtle Mode (it's always rabbit then). For softer cam moves turtle would be better.
So i suggest Yuneec to make a Firmware Update for the Wizard that i can switch between the modes with a key shortcut. We will see if they can make that possible.

To sum up, wizard will be absolutly perfect when :

- wizard acts just as a camera target. "You could fly any way you want, but the camera always points to the direction where wizard is."
- wizard can switch between rabbit and turtle speed
- st16 have the flight control back when shutting off the wizard

Last edited:
The Wizard can already start/stop Video with middle Button hold and short press to the right cam button.
The middle upper LED of the Wizard is blinking then while recording.
Photo can be taken with middle button hold + short press of left cam button.

The Wizard can already start/stop Video with middle Button hold and short press to the right cam button.
The middle upper LED of the Wizard is blinking then while recording.
Photo can be taken with middle button hold + short press of left cam button.
Good to know. I will test. I edit my post !

What is the battery life of the Wizard? It seems mine doesn't last long (5-10 max) before the light starts blinking and gets down to 25% (per manual).

How long should it take to fully charge the Wizard? The light is red and again it doesn't seem to take long to charge before the light goes off. Bad battery maybe?

Found it.
3 1/2 hours operating time
2 hours to charge.

I'm going to test it again tonight, but the Aircraft Status LED should not be blinking green after only ~10 minutes in the air. If it does, either the battery or sensor is bad.

So I tested the Wizard again tonight. Within 8 minutes the green light blinking (2 every 2 seconds) began indicating 50% battery. Within 16 minutes (probably less), 1 blink every 2 seconds indicating 25% battery left.

Something is definitely wrong. I called Yuneec today and the nice lady told me to make sure it was charged fully. So I removed the thumb from my mouth and recharged it until the red light turned off; a whopping 15 minutes. Sorry, I'm just a bit miffed about this.

It's supposed to have 3 1/2 hours battery life. I'm asking Yuneec for a replacement and cross shipment because I planned to use it over July 4 weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval