Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Worst crash story

Just recently (July 4th) I was filming my cousin skiing using the watch me/follow me on my Q500. Well I should have flown higher..pesky tress get right in the way. Despite t all, replaced 1 motor and she flies perfectly again.

Just recently (July 4th) I was filming my cousin skiing using the watch me/follow me on my Q500. Well I should have flown higher..pesky tress get right in the way. Despite t all, replaced 1 motor and she flies perfectly again.

Is that in the water?!?

• Wow
Reactions: AussieCate
I have no images to show, but will say two things......trees are drone magnets......and drones sink like a rock in water. Both happened on the same crash. The drone is fried but all plastic is good. Am using as "replacement parts". :)

Reactions: Done-guy
That's a good video for folks that ask about enabling the mic.
I may have to put up the video of when a bird attacked one of my drones. It was probably a Barn Swallow and he took out just half of the right rear propeller. You can't see him in the video but you can hear the change in the prop noise. I brought it back in 5 motor mode. I've had to do that twice now and the second one was much scarier than the first one. I did hand captures on both of them and that's not fun when the drone is at less than optimum stability!

I may have to put up the video of when a bird attacked one of my drones. It was probably a Barn Swallow and he took out just half of the right rear propeller. You can't see him in the video but you can hear the change in the prop noise. I brought it back in 5 motor mode. I've had to do that twice now and the second one was much scarier than the first one. I did hand captures on both of them and that's not fun when the drone is at less than optimum stability!

I’ve yet to hit birds but always bring it back down when I see a handful of them flying around the drone.

Just last week I had a hawk seemingly stocking the drone, I landed right away because he was setting up (circling it) to pounce on it I think. Had I not actually read a few stories on here in regards to bird attacks I probably wouldn’t even have recognized what he was doing. Sometimes you gotta know when to quit, I packed up and went home.

Reactions: gn298595
I had a hawk seemingly stocking the drone,
Exactly what happened to this guy. It wasn't my H, but the owner supplied the video for editing to demonstrate the effectiveness of 5 rotor mode. It begins just seconds after a hawk attack. The camera was in the heading lock mode and held it's heading perfectly.

Exactly what happened to this guy. It wasn't my H, but the owner supplied the video for editing to demonstrate the effectiveness of 5 rotor mode. It begins just seconds after a hawk attack. The camera was in the heading lock mode and held it's heading perfectly.

That’s pretty cool vid

Reactions: Rmuñoz
I'm impressed with the gimbal holding the camera steady while you see the arms and legs flailing about... I didn't think they would react that quickly to random changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece