Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Youtube Video

Reaction score
Welp, I caved and started uploading "Test Footage" to my old Youtube account. Ill try to upload weekly and heck i may even get into Drone News and start a REAL channel wth reviews and who else knows what. Anyways I'm James, I am a student at Middle Tennessee State University in Unmanned Aerial Systems and a U.S. Air Force Veteran. Enjoy the show! Please feel free to like, dislike and subscribe!

Reactions: Rubik and YuKay
You do understand that YouTube will Compress and covert a file that's why it doesn't Stutter.

YouTube got nothing to do with it.

Stutter or laggy footage is due to weak CPU to smoothly edit 4K source material. The best option is to convert the footage to an edit friendly codec. ProRes, DNx, etc. Transcode, edit, online, send. uses very long GOP lengths for its H.264 video, which produces great image quality for a given bitrate but makes editing and navigation slower because it requires playback to reference a large number of reference frames.

Select the right frame and codex, create a proxy, let it load, edit in proxy and render in original. I mess up sometimes, when I’m not careful during customizations of the frames.

Stutter or laggy footage is due to weak CPU to smoothly edit 4K source material. The best option is to convert the footage to an edit friendly codec. ProRes, DNx, etc. Transcode, edit, online, send. uses very long GOP lengths for its H.264 video, which produces great image quality for a given bitrate but makes editing and navigation slower because it requires playback to reference a large number of reference frames.

Select the right frame and codex, create a proxy, let it load, edit in proxy and render in original. I mess up sometimes, when I’m not careful during customizations of the frames.

I don’t understand where the argument was?Anyways thanks for the tips :)

Wow! That's a lot more complicated than my 4K work-flow with PowerDirector. Just load files into program, drop clips into timeline, cut-paste-enhance as desired and produce with beautiful results, even on YT.

Wow! That's a lot more complicated than my 4K work-flow with PowerDirector. Just load files into program, drop clips into timeline, cut-paste-enhance as desired and produce with beautiful results, even on YT.

It depends on how you want to engage with your viewers. Some likes it quick and dirty, others tell a story through the mood of cinematography.

Reactions: JackMTaco
It depends on how you want to engage with your viewers. Some likes it quick and dirty, others tell a story through the mood of cinematography.
OK. So, how does converting the original file to an edit friendly codec allow you to tell the story through the mood of cinematography? You've got me interested.

OK. So, how does converting the original file to an edit friendly codec allow you to tell the story through the mood of cinematography? You've got me interested.

A codec is a the final output on how you want to deliver your material.

DNxHD MXF OP1a (all options)
Flash video
H.264
MPEG2
MPEG4
P2
Quicktime (all installed codecs, including Prores)
AVC-Intra
XDCAM EX and HD via MXF OP1a
IMX via MXF OP1a

Before you edit your timeline you have to set your codec.

IMG_1088.jpg

I’m going to test the GoPro 7 Black on top of the drone and as shown on the legs at a local motorcycle meetup tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49