Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yueec Breeze 4k battery

Reaction score
I know the answer to my question is somewhere here, but I have not found it or I overlooked it while reading the threads. So, I am asking again if someone has already asked.

I just purchased the Yuneec Breeze 4k drone. I get it home, charge the battery and read all the instructions, connect and lift off...flight time seem to be about 2 minutes but, I thought through all the learning, connecting and finally lifting off might have caused the battery to run down. So, I charged the battery again and it seems to take about 30 minutes to charge. I take the fully charged battery after the battery balanced and having a solid green light and I place it in the drone, connect with iPhone and again we, have, lift off...I use the camera a little and noticed that the battery was quickly down to 20 % and I land it. .. I charged the battery again timing it and took about 22 minutes.

Cell#1= 4.17v
Cell#2= 4.17v
Cell#3= 4.16v
Voltage = 12.50 volts

I place the battery back in the drone 100% battery and lift off in place hovering “indoors”, camera running and battery to 19% 2.54 minutes...I check each cell before charging:

Cell#1=3.97v
Cell#2=3.97v
Cell#3=3.96v
Voltage = 11.90 volts

I did test after test of hover time ...the best I could get with the camera off 4.1 minutes and 3.58 minutes with the camera on..did not make much difference.

As I said, this is new as in purchased it 8/5/2018 New in box. It only came with one battery. The bummer is, I see all the videos of people getting 9 to 12 minutes with no problems...I have to admit, with this one you don't get much time to record videos or snap pictures.

I am not a person which knows much about lipo batteries other then you don't want to over charge and can explode or cause fires. I don't intend to work on the battery anyway...I just want to be able to fly longer than the time it takes to blink your eyes...:)
Seems to be about the same amount of time indoors outdoors, GPS, camera on, camera off...

I guess my question is, after reading several topics on this subject, I still wonder if it is the battery or is it the drone? I want to think it's the battery and hope it is, but, not sure...and this is why I am asking some of the experts here.

This is a problem with the drone. Take back to place of purchase and exchange it. If they will not exchange it, contact Yuneec Customer Support. You are the second person I know of getting those very short flight times. The other person bought his used and was not covered by any warranty.

Reactions: Deltacounty2
This is a problem with the drone. Take back to place of purchase and exchange it. If they will not exchange it, contact Yuneec Customer Support. You are the second person I know of getting those very short flight times. The other person bought his used and was not covered by any warranty.
I contacted Yuneec yesterday and was told to charge and discharge about 12 time to see if that helps. I have charged and discharged so many times. I notice the manufacture date is 09/2017 and didn't know if that could cause the battery to go bad...but evidently by what you are saying it is the drone it self...other then the battery it seems to just fine...
Thanks I will give Yuneec a call...where I purchased this one they are out and seems everyone is out of them...

My batteries are from that same month and are fine. There is a problem with the Breeze. You should not be at 20% of charge until you are down to 11.4VDC or about 3.8 VDC per cell.

As I stated before, your Breeze is the second one I’ve heard of with this problem. The other person had three OEM batteries and two GiFi 1700mAh batteries getting the same type of flight times as you. Don’t let Yuneec give you the runaround on this matter. If you bought the Breeze at Walmart or BestBuy they should be able to have a replacement in the store within a week for exchange.

My batteries are from that same month and are fine. There is a problem with the Breeze. You should not be at 20% of charge until you are down to 11.4VDC or about 3.8 VDC per cell.

As I stated before, your Breeze is the second one I’ve heard of with this problem. The other person had three OEM batteries and two GiFi 1700mAh batteries getting the same type of flight times as you. Don’t let Yuneec give you the runaround on this matter. If you bought the Breeze at Walmart or BestBuy they should be able to have a replacement in the store within a week for exchange.

I took your advice this morning after trying to call Yuneec and then being told the wait time was 85 minutes so I hung up and called Wally World where I purchased it and asked if they had another Breeze 4k in stock. ( online it showed everyone to be out of stock). They said they did. I told of the trouble I was having and they said, no problem, just bring it in and we will exchange it for you or give you a refund. So, I drove about 30 miles and exchanged it. So when I got home I made sure the battery was fully charged and gave it a test. After calibrating the Breeze 4K I flew it around the yard a bit with video camera going. After about 5.5 minutes into flying I turned the camera off. I was using the video camera to time my flight time but when I turned it off I lost my timer. So, I will look a the flight log later on a spreadsheet to see. Anyway, I flew it around a little while longer. I believe, if I not mistaken I took it to 20 or 25 % and believe the over all time would probably be around 8 9 or 10 minutes but not positive. I will time it again to see later, but, I can already tell the flight time is much much longer then a blink of an eye... which makes me very happy.
Thank you DoomMeister for your input and suggestion..I would have waited until I bought more batteries and finding out it's not the batteries before exchanging the drone...thanks again for your valuable information.

Glad you are getting better times with the new Breeze. They sound more normal.

Reactions: Deltacounty2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech