Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec breeze screw loose in drone?

Reaction score
I recently crashed my Yuneec breeze, replaced some bent propellers and its working fine. However I hear some sort of loose screw when shaking the drone, should I be concerned?

Was anything besides the props visibly damaged?

Where does the sound seem to come from?

The body? Top or bottom? Or arms?

Was anything besides the props visibly damaged?

Where does the sound seem to come from?

The body? Top or bottom? Or arms?
Its coming from the main body near the sensors. Just the props were damaged but I'm assuming a screw came off after the crash.

Are you good with tools?

Yes, be concerned - perhaps not a screw but easy to check. Pull the battery and you will notice 2 VERY SMALL openings between the bottom part of the Breeze (the part with the IR lens) and the main chassis - where the bottom of the Breeze plastic meets the main body - just inside the battery compartment. Put a very small, narrow, screwdriver in one slot and push out easily - put another small screwdriver in the opening you just made and work towards the other side (where the other small opening is). The bottom will just pop off and should allow you to see anything lose. I have done this many times setting up my tow hook for fishing - no damage - and it will just snap back on - starting from the far side - you will see how it goes, but the final 'snap' is the part you started with - where the small opening is where the screwdriver(s) went into. It's pretty easy.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Yes, be concerned - perhaps not a screw but easy to check. Pull the battery and you will notice 2 VERY SMALL openings between the bottom part of the Breeze (the part with the IR lens) and the main chassis - where the bottom of the Breeze plastic meets the main body - just inside the battery compartment. Put a very small, narrow, screwdriver in one slot and push out easily - put another small screwdriver in the opening you just made and work towards the other side (where the other small opening is). The bottom will just pop off and should allow you to see anything lose. I have done this many times setting up my tow hook for fishing - no damage - and it will just snap back on - starting from the far side - you will see how it goes, but the final 'snap' is the part you started with - where the small opening is where the screwdriver(s) went into. It's pretty easy.
Tinkering with things is not my expertise, but I was able to open the back cover with just my finger tips. I noticed that the back piece had a missing clamp (the one on the back cover that attaches to the drone). I shook it and the tiny plastic clamp came out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180326_212949.jpg
    IMG_20180326_212949.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
That makes more sense than a lose screw. Glad you found it. If it were me I’d put a small dab of clear silicon rubber (about the size of a BB) in the area of the broken tab, snap the bottom back on, a small piece of tape while drying (24 hours) and your good as new. That will allow you to remove the bottom again if you need to yet hold securely in place while flying. If you used glue / epoxy you might not be able to remove the bottom easily should you need to.

Reactions: DoomMeister
That makes more sense than a lose screw. Glad you found it. If it were me I’d put a small dab of clear silicon rubber (about the size of a BB) in the area of the broken tab, snap the bottom back on, a small piece of tape while drying (24 hours) and your good as new. That will allow you to remove the bottom again if you need to yet hold securely in place while flying. If you used glue / epoxy you might not be able to remove the bottom easily should you need to.
That's a great suggestion, but unfortunately I lost that tiny plastic clamp (probably got vacuumed or something). Thanks for the suggestion though, if something on the drone somehow falls apart again I'll make sure to use silicon rubber instead of glue.

He was telling you to use the silicone rubber in place of the broken clip. It will hold once it cures (24hrs), but won’t be like super glue, so you can reopen by using a hobby knife to gently slice through it should you ever have to open the Breeze again.

A lot cheaper than a $40 replacement bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold