Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec cog3+ roll sensor magnets

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know were to get either the roll encoder sensor or preferably a replacement magnet on the sensor for the cog3+?
regards airwalker.

Hi, welcome on the forum.
Unfortunately the only way to get a magnet exactly identical to the ones mounted on Yuneec cameras is to find a broken camera.
Out of that, It is not said that then replacing it the camera returns to work, because the position of the magnet (from the point of view of the magnetic field) must be exactly the correct one otherwise the axis is not put in the right position. With a little trial and many luck you can succeed.
The advice I give you is to send the camera for repair in a centre that deals with this brand, in the USA there is John at Yuneec Skins in California, who carries out this kind of repairs.
Also wait for interventions from other users who can give you more informations.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for your reply,awesome news not,I’ve probably flown this drone about 3 or 4 times since I purchased it brand new and to have it rendered virtually useless because of one magnet is hilarious!Bravo Yuneec it will probably cost me more money to get it repaired than to buy another camera which one are non existent and that also might be useless after a couple of flights.WOW..

The problem with magnets (everyone, not just yuneec...) is that with time and humidity they tend to degrade. Now, I don't know how long you haven't used the drone and how you stored it, some best practices can extend the life of these magnets, for example using silica gel sachets to absorb moisture inside the back pack or the hard case, and/or avoiding to fly in case of rain, fog etc.

Do you have photos of the conditions of the magnet ?
Did it crumble?

Admittedly probably haven’t flown it for a few months but it’s in pristine condition,kept the drone and camera separatel,camera in its own weather proof case with the silica bags that came with the case.The magnet is unrecognisable,crumbled to dust.Everything else looks brand new.Very frustrating.

Try messaging @Haydn as he is located down under. You can also find him on FB in the Yuneec Owners Group Yuneec Owners Group | Facebook

He may be able to help you more economically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval