Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Customer Service Says H520 Pilot Can't Access Flight Logs?!

Reaction score
Yuneec customer service is pretty frickin' unbelievable. Yesterday, after waiting for exactly one hour, one minute on the phone, in answer to my questions about accessing the flight logs/recording flight information, guy on the phone tells me pilots can't access their flight logs. That was a real WTF moment for me.

Please, please tell me I can access my flight logs. He wasn't serious...just doesn't know?

This company.

I asked it before, I guess I'll ask it again: is the H520 worth investing in? I'm just about to go on LinkedIn and send Ryan Borders a long, long, long inMail.

Plug in the 520 to your PC (leave the 520 off) it will power up on it's own. Load Qgroundcontrol, it will see the 520 and connect automatically. Click on the Logs icon and click refresh to load a list of logs on the 520. Select the log you want and click 'Download. That will give you the TLG files.

For the Tlog files you can also plug in the controller to your computer. Using File Explorer got to the \Datapilot\Telemetry folder. You will see the Tlog files from the time you bought it.

Yuneec customer service is pretty frickin' unbelievable. Yesterday, after waiting for exactly one hour, one minute on the phone, in answer to my questions about accessing the flight logs/recording flight information, guy on the phone tells me pilots can't access their flight logs. That was a real WTF moment for me.

Please, please tell me I can access my flight logs. He wasn't serious...just doesn't know?

This company.

I asked it before, I guess I'll ask it again: is the H520 worth investing in? I'm just about to go on LinkedIn and send Ryan Borders a long, long, long inMail.

I think you were right, you had bad luck and you got someone who didn't know what he was talking about o_O, happens even in the best families. Check out the H520's help forum threads. You'll find a lot of information there. You should also download the latest version of the manual and read it too, it will answer many questions.

Thank you so much, really appreciate this. I currently fly the Mavic Pro and I upload my logs to Airdata. You would think the sales staff would know this answer. SMDH. :mad:

Reactions: arruntus
Thank you so much, really appreciate this. I currently fly the Mavic Pro and I upload my logs to Airdata. You would think the sales staff would know this answer. SMDH. :mad:

As of right now the H520 is showing as SUPPORTED on the Airdata page linked below. I just have to figure out how to get the information TO Airdara LOL

BigAl07, install the Datapilot Planner desktop app on your pc. Put you ST16s on the same wifi network, and use Datapilot Planner to sync to your PC. Then manually upload to AirData. Think there used to be an option in the ST16s menus but havent seen it in a while.

Reactions: BigAl07
BigAl07, install the Datapilot Planner desktop app on your pc. Put you ST16s on the same wifi network, and use Datapilot Planner to sync to your PC. Then manually upload to AirData. Think there used to be an option in the ST16s menus but havent seen it in a while.

Excellent information. Thank you very much. I guess I got spoiled with my DJI birds that AUTO SYNC the flight logs to AirData. It will be GREAT to get these logs onto my account for operating on the state level (NC) where we are required to provide logs of all flights.

THANK YOU!

Yeah, I'm downloading the telemetry data and uploading files to Airdata. I also wish I could just automatically sync the H520.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yeah, I'm downloading the telemetry data and uploading files to Airdata. I also wish I could just automatically sync the H520.

Perhaps contact your local Yuneec office and ensure you're heard. If it's worked once then they can make it work again in another update.

Thank you for this information. I could not get DataPilot Planner to connect to my Tx (I may need to uninstall and re-install it fresh as it's never worked correctly for me since day one back in October...).

I connected it directly to my laptop (wired) and browsed the memory for anything with the word "Flight or Log". I found a folder full of "UTM" files. I copied them to my laptop and then logged into my AirData account and Manually uploaded them (you can only do 20 at a time so it takes a while to get a LOT uploaded). It was so simple and got all my data onto my one plan.

THANK YOU for the guidance.
Allen

Thank you for this information. I could not get DataPilot Planner to connect to my Tx (I may need to uninstall and re-install it fresh as it's never worked correctly for me since day one back in October...).

I connected it directly to my laptop (wired) and browsed the memory for anything with the word "Flight or Log". I found a folder full of "UTM" files. I copied them to my laptop and then logged into my AirData account and Manually uploaded them (you can only do 20 at a time so it takes a while to get a LOT uploaded). It was so simple and got all my data onto my one plan.

THANK YOU for the guidance.
Allen

Glad you found a way to extract the logs. For what it's worth I used my windows 10 to create a hotspot, and connected the ST16s to that.

To be honest I'm running datapilot planner 1.5.0.1, and this is the first version that the ST16S is recognised. Are you perhaps running an old version?

Glad you found a way to extract the logs. For what it's worth I used my windows 10 to create a hotspot, and connected the ST16s to that.

To be honest I'm running datapilot planner 1.5.0.1, and this is the first version that the ST16S is recognised. Are you perhaps running an old version?
It looks like I do have an older version. Here's the Properties of the file (I think this is what we're looking for)

It looks like I do have an older version. Here's the Properties of the file (I think this is what we're looking for)

BigAl07, I took a look at the same file and its saying 1.5.0.1 so yeah try updating with the latest from Yuneecs website and syncing should work.

BigAl07, I took a look at the same file and its saying 1.5.0.1 so yeah try updating with the latest from Yuneecs website and syncing should work.

That worked like a CHARM! I installed the new version and it connected exactly like expected. Great advice!!

Do you happen to know how to ZOOM in and out on the laptop version of DataPlanner? My laptop isn't a touch screen so I can't use the 2-finger pinch to zoom and it has a track pad so no scroll wheel... I'm lost LOL

Glad it worked!

Perhaps your touchpad is multitouch? I can pinch to zoom using the touchpad on my laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece