Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec developers here's what we need

Reaction score
Sorry for my english

1 - Choose what informations to show in HDMI output
Why ? because it's a professional 6 rotors, lightweight and we work in broadcasting, but in the HDMI output we have all information of telemetry and record, wat a mess, this is displayed on the broadcast live.
I double click on screen, I still have the REC information and it's impossible to have telemetry.
So We want Telemetry and information on ST16 but a button to display or not this information on the HDMI output (even alert message)

2 - THE ALERT MESSAGE !!!! Smaller and not in full screen
WTF it's override everything !!! imagine you're near a tree and Battery message or GPS lost appear, you cannot see where you're and you crash !!! that's awesome ILLOGICAL !!

3 - Choose between NTSC or PAL, so simpe to have a button for that
Why ? Because we are working with american of european broadcast companies and theydo not have the same video stream.

4 - Horizon correction
Why, because sometimes we calibrate on a boat and when we fly, the horizon is not good, and like on phantom, I appreciate to modify the horizon to have it right.

5 - A little timer, duration of the flight.
Why ? Because battery alert or battery voltage is not the only way to manage flight. I appreciate to have a timer to know if I need to change my battery now or if I can fly a little more and not miss the important part in live broadcasting. If the director said "Go to the bridge" I like to reply " Ok I can do it" or " sorry I will not have enought battery to do it, I need to land and change it"

6 - ...

Last edited:
I agree with most of this but.... not calling existing functionality STUPID !!
It may not work for you but it's not a good way to get hard working
developers (who more than likely take a lot of pride in their work) to work with you.

Reactions: Typhoon Steve
I agree with most of this but.... not calling existing functionality STUPID !!
It may not work for you but it's not a good way to get hard working
developers (who more than likely take a lot of pride in their work) to work with you.

Agree Brent, my english is limited, so how are you calling a function that make you blind for displaying message ? without every sense of logic ?

I do understand digicrea's concerns. I have had my heart jump to my throat when I was flying from the screen and the alert message took over the screen. It can throw you into a panic. Especially your first couple of times flying FPV. I don't mind alerts, but it would be nice if you could at least tap the screen to make it go away. It takes a moment or 2 to disappear.
But, I also agree with Brent. Definitely not the best choice of words...

1 - Choose what informations to show in HDMI output
Why ? because it's a professional 6 rotors, lightweight and we work in broadcasting, but in the HDMI output we have all information of telemetry and record, wat a mess, this is displayed on the broadcast live.
I double click on screen, I still have the REC information and it's impossible to have telemetry.
So We want Telemetry and information on ST16 but a button to display or not this information on the HDMI output (even alert message).

I don't believe that the feed coming from the HDMI port is really "broadcast" quality.
It is meant for goggles or an external monitor.

Reactions: QuadBart
It's only 720p. Technically that's HD, but nobody would broadcast that these days as HD.

Trust me lot of TV companies broadcast in 720p and less, and you never see the difference.
Each time I had to work with TV it was for online broadcasting so 720p is more than they need.
DJI is also in 720p
So the HDMI port is good for it, most of the time I have to work with my phantom 4 because you can choose to hide informations on the second screen (HDMI), I dream about it on the Tyhpoon H because it's more stressless to have redundancy on rotors

Last edited:
Trust me lot of TV companies broadcast in 720p and less, and you never see the difference.
Each time I had to work with TV it was for online broadcasting so 720p is more than they need.
DJI is also in 720p
So the HDMI port is good for it, most of the time I have to work with my phantom 4 because you can choose to not display informations on the second screen (HDMI), I dream about it on the Tyhpoon H because it's more stressless to have redundancy on rotors
Have you discussed your needs with Yuneec?

The HDMI output is not a recording feed. It's a hardware feature, and just repeats whatever is on the main display. I very much doubt they could change what is displayed in software. If you want just the view from the camera, you can connect direct to the camera with the App on a mobile phone or other device.

The problem with the allert it's that it's too **** long. The vibration and the message is fine, but no need to keep it on the screen for ever !

I NEED THEM TO HAD THE CROSSHAIR. THIS WAS A NICE FEATURE THE DECIDE TO REMOVE FOR ONLY GOD KNOW WHY !

Oh, for point (3) above. The video modes support 50/60 and 25/30 frame modes which is the effective difference between PAL and NTSC. You can also have 24/48 frame modes for film style. I'm not sure what else you want there?

yes Tuna, you're right but it's just more easy to manage with a switch than a list with all format.
The HDMI output is not a recording feed. It's a hardware feature, and just repeats whatever is on the main display. I very much doubt they could change what is displayed in software. If you want just the view from the camera, you can connect direct to the camera with the App on a mobile phone or other device.

If you connect a mobile on the cgo3, you let the possibilities to stop the record to someone else and it's not removing the rec data on the top and the alert messages, we really need a button to switch off the telemetry and additionnal data on the HDMI output.
Yuneec wants to be an alternative to DJI, but they really need to check what pro needs or we will stay on DJI (unfortunetelly)
Oh, for point (3) above. The video modes support 50/60 and 25/30 frame modes which is the effective difference between PAL and NTSC. You can also have 24/48 frame modes for film style. I'm not sure what else you want there?

what would ne nice would be for the stuff that pops up in the screen when using tasks to be a lot more transparent or eveen adkustable transparency as when using a task alot of the screen gets hidden and its a pain specaily in ccc mode when your trying to control the camera for your shot

Flight timer is NOT a good thing to use.
The more aggressive you fly, or the higher the wind the faster you will use up the battery.
Get use to looking at your battery gauge.
You can always use the timer when recording if you really need a timer.

Reactions: Graham
Yes it's depends on weather condition and how you flight, Yuneec do not have smart battery so it cannot recalculate the flight time, but a timer is always interresting to have instead looking at your watch.
Time recording is not an option to do it, We are not always recording since the begening, sometime we stop it.
Flight timer is NOT a good thing to use.
The more aggressive you fly, or the higher the wind the faster you will use up the battery.
Get use to looking at your battery gauge.
You can always use the timer when recording if you really need a timer.

Allowing turning back on of GPS without having to wait for the warning screen to disappear...(as the H might be disappearing too)

Hi guys, I found a solution for the timer question.
Countdown Timer and Stopwatch 4.1 APK Download - FarazShamim
A simple countdown timer and stopwatch, to use it as a stopwatch set the timer to 00:00:00 (default) and press start. To use it as a count down set the timer to.
Hope this might help.

Cheers

Batfire

I don't believe that the feed coming from the HDMI port is really "broadcast" quality.
It is meant for goggles or an external monitor.
Nothing that comes out of the H, P4, Inspire (unless you have the X5R) is even close to broadcast quality for the fact that it's h.264 and therefore is at best useful for maybe a expo shot or an insert, otherwise you would be laughed out of the city trying to deliver a master with an h.264 codec (no matter what the bitrate).

Also, to the NTSC and PAL button request, there is no need for it.

While using HD video, unless you are talking about frame rates, there is NO PAL OR NTSC difference anymore. NTSC and Pal are both analogue formats that are done and gone. The P4 has that capability and it just confuses people without them knowing they are confused. Frame rates are the only reminisce of the era of NTSC and PAL and when dealing with HD, be it 720, 1080 or 4K, you usually choose the frame rate anyway.

People don't understand that NTSC, PAL and SECAM are gone and dead. Don't feel bad, OP, I know pros that don't understand this very fundemantsl and rudimental fact.

Here is a read on it.

I just scanned this article but it looked right at a glance.

The Great Debate – NTSC HD vs. PAL HD | Safe Harbor Blog

Reactions: JohnL and Tuna
Just a small one but I'd like the flight battery metre to have the option of volts or % and it would also be cool if it was like a fuel gauge :D

Reactions: Jussaguy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval