Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H Goggles

Reaction score
Hello pilots, for those pilots who have purchased the H goggles and have had some time to use them, was just wondering how do you like them? Thinking about purchasing a pair myself. Thanks.

I would wait. In the following video, it seems like Yuneec has plans to release head tracking goggles. It's around the 4:53 mark.

I am guessing that Yuneec will be coming out with a Skyview Pro model.

"I am guessing that Yuneec will be coming out with a Skyview Pro model".
FYI. I am going to purchase/order a Typhoon H pro pack in the next few days and was also thing about getting the FPV Skyview. I have read several posts on other website from upset Yuneec customer who purchased the H when they first came out. They are upset because after they made their $1400.00 dollar purchase Yuneec came out with the real sense and upgraded the ST16 to 3 external antennas by moving the internal antenna to the outside for better reception which is now the H Pro Package.
I didn't want this to happen to me so I called Yuneec yesterday. I talked to the support tech and explained to her about what I have read about upset customers. She said that they are aware of it.
Not that they would tell me the truth but I flat out asked her that before I make a $2200.00+ purchase on the H pro and Skyview FPV, does Yuneec have any plans on releasing any more upgrades to the Typhoon H, st16 or Skyview in the very near future that would make me regret my purchase from Yunneec? I said I don't want to buy the H pro and FPV then a month or so later Yuneec come out with the H Pro + with 360 deg top and bottom real sense collision avoidance or Skyview pro. She said no. Right now they have no plans. Like I said they probably wouldn't tell me anyway even if they were. But they are aware of what they did to their original Typhoon H customers by releasing upgraded models too soon after release.

"I am guessing that Yuneec will be coming out with a Skyview Pro model".
FYI. I am going to purchase/order a Typhoon H pro pack in the next few days and was also thing about getting the FPV Skyview. I have read several posts on other website from upset Yuneec customer who purchased the H when they first came out. They are upset because after they made their $1400.00 dollar purchase Yuneec came out with the real sense and upgraded the ST16 to 3 external antennas by moving the internal antenna to the outside for better reception which is now the H Pro Package.
I didn't want this to happen to me so I called Yuneec yesterday. I talked to the support tech and explained to her about what I have read about upset customers. She said that they are aware of it.
Not that they would tell me the truth but I flat out asked her that before I make a $2200.00+ purchase on the H pro and Skyview FPV, does Yuneec have any plans on releasing any more upgrades to the Typhoon H, st16 or Skyview in the very near future that would make me regret my purchase from Yunneec? I said I don't want to buy the H pro and FPV then a month or so later Yuneec come out with the H Pro + with 360 deg top and bottom real sense collision avoidance or Skyview pro. She said no. Right now they have no plans. Like I said they probably wouldn't tell me anyway even if they were. But they are aware of what they did to their original Typhoon H customers by releasing upgraded models too soon after release.
Hard to fault a company for continuously improving their product. The local service people have no clue as to what is in the pipeline. No smart company is going to tell you they have something better coming until it is ready for release. Read up on the Osborne effect.

Hard to fault a company for continuously improving their product. The local service people have no clue as to what is in the pipeline. No smart company is going to tell you they have something better coming until it is ready for release. Read up on the Osborne effect.

Yeah, I understand. I'm not faulting Yuneec at all. I purchased the original Q500 when they first came out and love it. That's why I'm upgrading to the H. I just posted my experience. I am completely satisfied with Yuneec and their customer service.

I got my skyview today. First thing I noticed was how uncomfortable the nose was. I flew for a few minutes and it left a mark on me lol. Ive seen where people add pads to it. I'm going to try that. I did have video lag quite a few times as well. So first experience didn't go so great. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see how it preforms.
I will say flying low to the ground was fun with the goggles. I didnt have near the lag and it gave a good sense of speed.
As far as the screen and immersivness. Tapping the ground control screen will make the screen bigger in the goggles.
If you want a good idea what it looks like. Go into a dark room cut out the lights and put your st16 5" away from you. Thats about it.
I've never worn any other pair of goggles to compare these too. Other than the gear vr which were way more comfortable. To bad they don't work with the H

Thanks for the info on the Skyview. Please let us know how your second try goes. I plan on getting them when I get my H. I read on another forum that someone also had a video lag issue with the Skyview. They called Yuneec support and were told to make sure you connect the Skyview to the ST16 ground station before you turn it on. If you plug the Skyview into the st16 after it's turned on it could cause video issues. So they tried it and said it solved their video lag issue. They said the Skyview was incredible and worked great. I hope this helps.

Ok tested it again today. I plugged up the skyview to the st16 controler first then cut it on. Only froze once and I flew it much longer than I did the first time.
Video on the skyview did not match what was on the controler screen. Controler screen flight video was smooth but not in the skyview. Video was kinda grainy...
As I was landing I saw a shadow go across the screen...I thought was odd because the only shadow would be my drone. It happened again and again. I pulled my goggles off to see if there was a bird or something above me. Nothing there....
The shadow came back but real slow this time. It was an ant trapped inside the goggles walking across the screen from the inside. Lol
Anyway still not happy with the video feed im getting. I was really expecting smooth immersivness video for $250.
This is what I would expect from a fpv drone from Walmart or target.
I'm going to try it again in a park and see if it does better.
I will say if I fly 10' or lower it keeps up fine

I just received my H pro and skyview today. I was just doing a quick fit test. Does anyone else have a problem with light coming in from the sides? Even if I push them against my face I still have light coming in from the sides.

Wow that was good reviews. Think I'll wait til the new improved goggles(as mentioned above) come out before I jump into the skyviews.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval