Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H Peau Lens final focus Test

Once you got it focused, it looks really nice! Well done! I am just glad that my stock lens does it's job just fine!

im sure the warranty in the UK is 12 months so if you are from the UK obviously take this into consideration.

im sure the warranty in the UK is 12 months so if you are from the UK obviously take this into consideration.
Six in the USA, why would anywhere else be longer? Makes no sense! Since they are made in China not UK or US
WARRANTY INFORMATION
Yuneec products and accessories are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for six (6) months from the original date of purchase. Yuneec’s sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to repair or replace the defective part or product with a comparable part or product at Yuneec’s sole discretion. Depending on the nature of the repair and in order to provide the fastest possible service to our customers, Yuneec may replace components under warranty rather than repair them. Replacements will have the same functionality and will be similar in appearance, but may have slight cosmetic differences. Except for such repair or replacement, the sale, processing or other handling of this product is without warranty, condition or other liability. Damage (including crash damage) resulting from use, accident, or normal wear and tear is not covered by this or any warranty. Yuneec assumes no liability for any accident, injury, death, loss, or other claim related to or resulting from the use of this product. In no event shall Yuneec be liable for incidental or consequential damages relating to or resulting from the use of this product or any of its parts. Please review the instructions carefully when using the products. Returns or replacements of parts and/or products may be subject to shipping, handling, replacement and/or restocking fees. IMPORTANT NOTE: Crash damage is NOT covered under warranty.

ive just rechecked the UK site ,it clearly states 12 months.

WARRANTY

it does seem strange you guys over the pond only get 6 though :/

I don't believe it's something to do with Yuneec. They just follow the trend. We have 12 month as well in Australia not because we are treated differently but I think because the law says so.
I could be wrong.

In certain cases it can go beyond the 12 months manufacturers warranty under UK regulations.

Technically the h may have a 6 year warranty in Europe due to fit for purpose European law. I forget exact law or act name but I claimed a TV on it years back at 5 years old.

Would need to read the small print but I know people who have claimed for Diamond falling out of rings and getting the ring replaced, TV, xbox etc

Here in Australia "Consumer Law" says that while the importer/distributer may give products 12 months warranty, you would expect that if it did fail after this time that as you have invested in a product it should be fit for purpose for longer than this. It is a grey area and you will get longer than 12 months here on nearly any major purchase. But please note this is against manufactures defects, not damage from misuse/crashes because you flew into something etc!

2 year warranty in Europe, by European law, and the customer still has some rights after that period, as said by Raptorheli. I don't know how they can only offer 12 months in the UK.

Put the H on a table with a clear (non window) view outside for at least 100 yards or more. Start the H and controller as usual. Get an HDMI cable and plug it into the top of the ST16 controller. Run that cable to a high quality HDMI TV or HDMI LARGE monitor. On the transmitter in the pad menu, activate (turn on) the zoom feature. It is off as a default This will let you zoom to 200 or more percent of the screen and aid in critical focus. Take a little tab of paint or silver magic marker and put a small dot on the lens housing and the outer ring of the lens. This allows a visual on the lens to see your progression. Now start focusing, go past the place where it gets stightly blurry on each end of the opposite rotation. Eventually you will be able to feel and see exactly where the lens needs to be. Remember that at this extreme zoom it will be pixelated and not super clear to your eye. Just make the focus sharp as you can and when you go back to normal view it will be sharp. Now take a very small spot of silicone seal and place it on the lens and body meet to hold it tight. It worked really well for my stock lens. My stock lens initially appeared to be slightly out of focus. By refocusing I solved my issues with my camera and lens.

Put the H on a table with a clear (non window) view outside for at least 100 yards or more. Start the H and controller as usual. Get an HDMI cable and plug it into the top of the ST16 controller. Run that cable to a high quality HDMI TV or HDMI LARGE monitor. On the transmitter in the pad menu, activate (turn on) the zoom feature. It is off as a default This will let you zoom to 200 or more percent of the screen and aid in critical focus. Take a little tab of paint or silver magic marker and put a small dot on the lens housing and the outer ring of the lens. This allows a visual on the lens to see your progression. Now start focusing, go past the place where it gets stightly blurry on each end of the opposite rotation. Eventually you will be able to feel and see exactly where the lens needs to be. Remember that at this extreme zoom it will be pixelated and not super clear to your eye. Just make the focus sharp as you can and when you go back to normal view it will be sharp. Now take a very small spot of silicone seal and place it on the lens and body meet to hold it tight. It worked really well for my stock lens. My stock lens initially appeared to be slightly out of focus. By refocusing I solved my issues with my camera and lens.

I didn't expect such a great, step by step response. I cannot thank you enough for your time and consideration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval