Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 freezes in the middle of the sky

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Good afternoon, folks

Eight months ago I told you what had happened to me with the H520 that had been left in the middle of the air without me being able to take control. I told you that I was going to upload a video showing what had happened, but until now, and because of the coronavirus quarantine, I not had time. Sorry I'm late, you know...

I still don't know what happened, and at this point, the truth is, I don't even care anymore. Mind you, the displeasure I take with me is not taken away by anyone. As I was editing the video, all the feelings I had at that moment came to my mind and I tried to capture them.

I know it doesn't help, but in these hard times, at least in all of Europe, if I manage to get someone to smile at what happened to me, I am satisfied ?

Good afternoon, folks

Eight months ago I told you what had happened to me with the H520 that had been left in the middle of the air without me being able to take control. I told you that I was going to upload a video showing what had happened, but until now, and because of the coronavirus quarantine, I not had time. Sorry I'm late, you know...

I still don't know what happened, and at this point, the truth is, I don't even care anymore. Mind you, the displeasure I take with me is not taken away by anyone. As I was editing the video, all the feelings I had at that moment came to my mind and I tried to capture them.

I know it doesn't help, but in these hard times, at least in all of Europe, if I manage to get someone to smile at what happened to me, I am satisfied ?

Now that made my day! Thanks.

Bravo 01.gif
Ah The H520, the sports drone that makes you do Sport.
Yuneec thought it, Yuneec did it ................
He launches you the training to make you your jogging, and once arrived at the end, it does not wait for you and returns wisely to pose beside the car and waits for you to make your return of Jogging.
Next time, give him a leash ....
Sorry, Arruntus, I'm folded in half.
And after the sport,biere 02.gif

Thanks @arruntus!

You made my night as well!

Gives me confidence actually, as I am also of the opinion that tower could have been the “force” toying with you. That the H520 decided to go home without you, guessing upon reaching the low fuel mark, is reassuring.

Did you happen to take a voltage reading once you caught your breath? Of the H520 battery, mind you; not your pacemaker. [emoji41]

As for flying around the tower previously, without issue... that likely was tempting fate. Maybe you got lucky the first time. Maybe Aunt Sally hadn’t gotten on the tele quite yet.

Kinda like the golf gods... they may giveth on one shot, only to bring one to his knees on the next.

Thanks again for sharing the flight and your wonderful narrative!

Jeff

Thanks @arruntus!

You made my night as well!

Gives me confidence actually, as I am also of the opinion that tower could have been the “force” toying with you. That the H520 decided to go home without you, guessing upon reaching the low fuel mark, is reassuring.

Did you happen to take a voltage reading once you caught your breath? Of the H520 battery, mind you; not your pacemaker. [emoji41]

As for flying around the tower previously, without issue... that likely was tempting fate. Maybe you got lucky the first time. Maybe Aunt Sally hadn’t gotten on the tele quite yet.

Kinda like the golf gods... they may giveth on one shot, only to bring one to his knees on the next.

Thanks again for sharing the flight and your wonderful narrative!

Jeff

When I got to the apartment we rented, I couldn't stop looking at the pictures. I didn't have the polymerometer handy but I had a pocket checker and it had indeed reached its limit. In fact, I don't understand how he was in the air so long. I guess because I had a higher than normal first warning.

As soon as I activate the RTL, the drone turns sharply as you can see in the pictures, and then nothing. I understand that the RTL command is received correctly but then something happens and it locks up. That's why I think it had to be a firmware failure of the drone itself. Once the RTL is activated, even if the communications tower interferes, the drone actually acts autonomously.

Anyway, now that I have some time, I have no choice but to stay locked up at home without being able to go out, and since I'm editing several videos, I can try to find the log of that flight. It's been a long time since I've cleaned up the logs and I still may have it saved.

I was so angry, I didn't really want to look into it. The fact is that the rest of the vacation, short but productive, did not fail again, even though it meant nothing.

The good thing about that situation? That he came home in one piece. The bad? That I had to thoroughly clean the ST16S because it was soaked with sweat. I'm not going to talk about myself having to go back to the apartment to shower because I couldn't go anywhere smelling like a dead boar :rolleyes: ????

Bad news, but I thought so. When he landed, since I couldn't establish the connection with him again and the shutdown button didn't even work, I had to turn it off by taking out the battery and there is no log of that flight.

The main thing is that you recovered it without damage.
But during this time, your wife took advantage of her driving away with the car ...............

• Haha
Reactions: arruntus
Pretty scary encounter! I am glad everything ended well without any damage to the drone. On the positive side you see now how fit you are! I enjoyed the way you told the story!
Yet, I wish I never experience one like that!

Thanks for posting that video, it made us both laugh. It appears your H520 has a sense of humour, why else would it do that? ;)
We hope to avoid the coronavirus by staying in self-imposed isolation and hope you and your relatives stay fit and well too. Indeed, the same to everybody here.

Last edited:
Bad news, but I thought so. When he landed, since I couldn't establish the connection with him again and the shutdown button didn't even work, I had to turn it off by taking out the battery and there is no log of that flight.

Then there IS indeed a silver lining. It took you so long to trek back, that the last evidence video passed the 5 minute mark; self terminating. Otherwise, you really would had been upset had you not had the lunar landing video clip!

[emoji41]??

Jeff

Very good, indeed the last video I lost it too. I guess you didn't miss much from watching me swearing either. I have no choice but to take out the battery, the drone was totally blocked to any kind of command and that's why I also think it had nothing to do with the communications tower.

Anyway, I have something in my head, that when it can fly again I will try it to see if I can reproduce the error. However, after flying, when the battery is low and close to the ground to avoid problems. I don't feel much like taking another "walk", and taking another disgust. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DroneCalzone
Hihi they say if you belive you can move the Mountain, but I see a diffrent story if you have a H it can move you over the Mountain.

Good video just make me smile

• Haha
If you can reproduce the problem, pls let us know, thanks!

No problem, the only thing is that here we won't be able to leave the home for at least another 3 weeks, there's nothing left but patience ?

Let's look on the positive side, when we get out we'll be in the middle of spring and everything will be more beautiful :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval