Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec service USA let me down

Reaction score
After the first two September firmware updates I suffered from all the compass issues and an almost flyaway ( thank-you bushes).
Called Yuneec and they requested I send it back right away. Yuneec also said they would replace my broken props. So off it went, and the next day another firmware up date was released that may have solved my problems.
I just received my H back today.
Now I had taped a list of the issues in big bold print on top of the foam case. One of the issues being that the blue power light in the ST-16 does not work all the time.
So I get the usual quality check list that they inclued along with what parts they replaced. (GPS board)
Well this is NOT the H I sent them, they put my serial number on a different aircraft. I know this because i marked mine with UV ink inside the battery compartment. The so called flight test was not performed with my ST-16, or if it was they erased the video and telemetry files. Last on on there is my last flight.
So they changed out my aircraft, did not fix my ST-16, and did not replace my props, and who knows what controller to test every thing out.
Yes they are getting an Email from me. They will also be getting a scathing phone call.
I hate when someone commits to doing something and then doesnt.
So who has a good deal on props?

Reactions: Terry Thone
Call Peter at Aces Deals(631) 730-7228, he will take care of ya. Tell him Thom from Arkansas referred you.

Sorry to hear that. Do you think its a brand new unit? as opposed to say a refurb?

Now I'm scared. Yuneec has asked me to send in my H for diagnostics and possible repair since the latest upgrade has degraded stability and introduced camera tilt with LG down.

With each upgrade, mine alternates between totally fixed, to new minor problems. I'm not happy with the way its flying now and it seems the vast majority of people are not having problems so i doubt there'll be an upgrade any time soon unlike it was in Sept....

After the first two September firmware updates I suffered from all the compass issues and an almost flyaway ( thank-you bushes).
Called Yuneec and they requested I send it back right away. Yuneec also said they would replace my broken props. So off it went, and the next day another firmware up date was released that may have solved my problems.
Now I had taped a list of the issues in big bold print on top of the foam case. One of the issues being that the blue power light in the ST-16 does not work all the time.
So I get the usual quality check list that they inclued along with what parts they replaced. (GPS board)
Well this is NOT the H I sent them, they put my serial number on a different aircraft. I know this because i marked mine with UV ink inside the battery compartment. The so called flight test was not performed with my ST-16, or if it was they erased the video and telemetry files. Last on on there is my last flight.
So they changed out my aircraft, did not fix my ST-16, and did not replace my props, and who knows what controller to test every thing out.
Yes they are getting an Email from me. They will also be getting a scathing phone call.

Not sure if it is brand new or not. Besides being marked with a UV pen, there were a few scratch marks on the top near the battery compartment from my encounter with the bush. I do not see them now. Now that it is morning, and I could better look things over. I found that one of the rubber dampers on the camera gimbal was loose (easy fix) but I should not of had to do it. I will give them a day and see what response I get from my email. I can not call them till noon my time. (EST) I think if you send them your ST-16, they should test fly it with yours and not one of their bench units, if they flew it at all.

Last edited:
Sorry that you didn't get back what you had sent it…. In the years of getting my video/still camera/electronics repaired, it seems the corporate model it to replace defective warranty items with refurb or new items. I think the interest is getting back the item to the customer as quickly as possible. I just sent in a DSLR gimbal for repair and specifically stated that I wanted my item repaired or replaced with a brand new one (not refurbished).

I understand, and have no problem with replacing it with a refurb. Just don't put my serial number on the refurb unit and call it good.

This is normal corporate thinking rather than fix the one you sent in send you a repaired model and hoping that you didn't notice.

I understand, and have no problem with replacing it with a refurb. Just don't put my serial number on the refurb unit and call it good.

They never counted on the 'ol UV ink in the battery compartment trick….. I've done something similar from time to time if I had doubts.

Guess for registration purposes moving your serial to a replacement is how they do it. I've had mixed results on refurbed items…Some more "worn" then others. I buy refurbed... but don't like when I return my expensive NEW gear for service and they replace it with refurbed---- I feel cheated somehow…. And so should you.

A major camera manufacturer actually sends you return info and states they will repair or replace you item upon their discretion…. I like that the camera company is upfront and clear about that.

Apple and galaxy do it all the time when they go through AT&T. So this is not a new thing this is the expediant thing.

Yeah, I had my phone replaced with a refurb unit, but it had a different serial number.
Tried calling but got no where. Will have to wait till Friday on my day off. Still have to find some props. Dont think it will take off on 5. Fly it will just not take off.

Now that I have a day off and can really check things out.
1) Firmware was NOT updated even though check list said it was.
Currently installed on my H: Gimbal version 1.22, Auto Pilot Version 1.26, Camera version 3.2.1.13(A) ( thought latest release was Auto Pilot version 1.28)

I did find the telemetry file where a 2 minute flight check was done.

The problem that I fine with Yuneec is they have become so busy with such a small crew that it is hard for them to give the time to each TH that comes in for their testing and repair. they are doing a great job.

Thom,
Yes they have been great so far. But this time they really dropped the ball.
I am a patient person, will have to give Yuneec USA some time to see what he comes up with.
I ordered some new props in the mean time. Nice windy day today, could of had some fun trying speed runs GPS off.

I believe same thing happened when I sent mine in after unexplained fall from sky. Camera mount and one landing gear was all I could detect as being broken. When my H returned 4 of the arms would not lock in place, never an issue with original. So you have confirmed what I suspected. I will say mine has been flawless after I fixed the arm locking. Still soft focus though which is my only complaint on both my H's.
Tim

I got a new replacement with mine on the second trip home from support along with a new St16. It had the new tags on it with my serial number however i couldnt tell until i looked at the flight log that they sent me a new one. It had late july flights in China on it and I got my original one in June. I can't say anything bad about support as I finally got a bird that flies well. Keep with them, I'm sure they will work any issues you have. I wish I could have got the DroneClone deal of a free upgrade to the pro. But I can't complain. Good luck!

Reactions: DroneClone
Hey Bob!, I just happen to look in my older repaired H with my UV light, did you just make a "X", I think I got yours! Want it back ? LOL !:eek:

I've had issues also. I know they are trying but at the end of the day I am the customer. I am getting fed up with the run arounds. I feel they are not doing anything to help me out. It is really inconvenient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop