Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H with ITELITE DBS upg Dashware Range Test using ST16 data in HD no 3.

I'm averaging 5000- 7000 feet with my FPVLR antennas. I was getting out over 9000 fairly regularly before the most recent update.FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: Joe22
Impressive! Have you noticed any reduction in shorter range dropouts with the FPVLR antennas vs. stock? Like flying around/behind trees, etc.

I haven't spent any time flying the stock antennas but yes, you do need to be pointed at the Typhoon and it does not like anything between it and the radio. If I could figure a way to keep the telemetry up I would be the world's happiest H owner. Might have to send it in one day for that mod I've been seeing around.

That would be appreciated cause I would like to get DBS but I want to make sure its worth it.

I flew the same location today (where I got 5300 feet out at 400 ft elevation with stock TH back in June). Weather was similar, a little bit cooler. TH and ST16 firmware are updated. All calibrations done. I was only able to reach 4700 ft at 400 ft elevation today. That's an 11% reduction in range with the new firmware. When the telemetry was lost for some length of time, the drone put itself into RTH mode. When it was close enough for steady telemetry, it stopped and hovered. I took control again and repeated the exercise. Flew to 4700 ft again with same result. Video would come and go at this distance. So, if we use a range booster, that doesn't address telemetry, there will be no gain. Also, that's a long way out! How often is that necessary to gather good video?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval