Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typoon pro or the Typhoon H PRO with Intel RealSense 

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls ,

Seeking some advice on my next drone if you could help it would help me pick what I need , I have been flying the BREEZE for a few weeks now and feel the need to step-up to the next level.

I have looked at the Yuneec Typhoon H and i was not to sure as it's seems to be limited on what it offers for it price range. Whereby I am stuck between the Yuneec Typhoon H PRO or the next model with Intel RealSense . In my eyes very little between them but I could be wrong as I am still new and learning.

I have a few questions about the two drones and controller

1. The controller (ST16 Pro) take 8hrs to charge fully , therefore what is the average usage time when flying ? Do they drain fast like a normal tablet

2. Dose the Typhoon H Pro and the one with Intel RealSense , Come with ATH when signal lost or battery low ?

3. Am i correct to say that Firmware and photos or videos have to be downloaded to a sd card inorder to view or update system.

4. I am also let to think that the drones are limited to fly only 400ft and 1.6 miles not like I am worried about it as that's perfect for me ,but I also seem to think it's locked in beginner mode when frome new out the box?

NOW WITH MY BREEZE
I had issues with it from day one but with support on here soon got it working all good .
1 Wi-Fi dropping out
2 Fun trying to connect it to phones

So on that note is there any current issues with the Yuneec Typhoon H PRO and Yuneec Typhoon with Intel RealSense that I need to know about .

Kind regards B

Hey Brian

1. St-16 might take that long on first charge, but after that is about 5 hours for me on a regular phone charger, which is faster than plugging it into the Yuneec Charger.
The tablet can last for about 8 15 minute flights before it gets down to about 20%. I never let mine get below 50% however, so my charges actually only take about 2 hours to top it up to full again after every 4-6 flights.

2. Yes, both models do that.

3. No, In the most recent versions, it is possible to update via wi-fi, but lots of people have problems with that, so SD card is the tried and trusted way. there are videos online that show exactly how to do it, so don't stress about that...

4. Yes they are limited to 400 ft, which is not overridable in latest firmware, but I think the geofence is alterable via the GUI. Still, as you say, 1200 meters is more than enough, and probably beyond visual line of sight, so you should never be going beyond that anyway if you are to remain legal.

There's a number 5 you should know about if you don't already. If you are UK-based, then you need to use the EU / UK firmware, which unfortunately restricts the video transmitter to 25% of its intended power so that it complies with max power thresholds under UK radio law. This drastically reduces your usable range for video, sometimes to as little as 250 meters, and there are sometimes problems with the landing gear up command causing disconnection of the feed, which can then take a full 4 minutes to reconnect. It does that often enough to be annoying, but when it doesn't the range is still reasonable, and can be much better than the 250m I mentioned, and stays reasonably reliable after the second connection (for some reason)...

As for whether you need Realsense or not, there is only a couple of questions - do you need it to follow you through the woods with obstacle avoidance on all sides, and do you need the ability to fly it indoors without GPS ? If there answer to those is yes, and you think that's worth £600 over the cost of an H without it, then go for it. It wasn't worth that to me, and indeed I almost never turn on the simple Obstacle avoidance I do have because it often disrupts my cinematic filming, and I am careful not to fly into stuff ! :)

Hope that helps...

Last edited:
And just some clarification on the naming convention regarding these 2 models...

It is either the Yuneec Typhoon H Standard, which does not have RealSense... or the Yuneec Typhoon H Professional, which does have RealSense.

And just some clarification on the naming convention regarding these 2 models...

It is either the Yuneec Typhoon H Standard, which does not have RealSense... or the Yuneec Typhoon H Professional, which does have RealSense.
Hi eagle yes the TH pro

Hey Brian

1. St-16 might take that long on first charge, but after that is about 5 hours for me on a regular phone charger, which is faster than plugging it into the Yuneec Charger.
The tablet can last for about 8 15 minute flights before it gets down to about 20%. I never let mine get below 50% however, so my charges actually only take about 2 hours to top it up to full again after every 4-6 flights.

3. No, In the most recent versions, it is possible to update via wi-fi, but lots of people have problems with that, so SD card is the tried and trusted way. there are videos online that show exactly how to do it, so don't stress about that...

4. Yes they are limited to 400 ft, which is not overridable in latest firmware, but I think the geofence is alterable via the GUI. Still, as you say, 1200 meters is more than enough, and probably beyond visual line of sight, so you should never be going beyond that anyway if you are to remain legal.

There's a number 5 you should know about if you don't already. If you are UK-based, then you need to use the EU / UK firmware, which unfortunately restricts the video transmitter to 25% of its intended power so that it complies with max power thresholds under UK radio law. This drastically reduces your usable range for video, sometimes to as little as 250 meters, and there are sometimes problems with the landing gear up command causing disconnection of the feed, which can then take a full 4 minutes to reconnect. It does that often enough to be annoying, but when it doesn't the range is still reasonable can can be much better than the 250m I mentioned, and stays reasonably reliable after the second connection (for some reason)...

As for whether you need Realsense or not, there is only a couple of questions - do you need it to follow you through the woods with obstacle avoidance on all sides, and do you need the ability to fly it indoors without GPS ? If there answer to those is yes, and you think that's worth £600 over the cost of an H without it, then go for it. It wasn't worth that to me, and indeed I almost never turn on the simple Obstacle avoidance I do have because it often disrupts my cinematic filming, and I am careful not to fly into stuff ! :)

Hope that helps...
Hi aero what drone would you suggest I am working with 1k max also just thought do the typhoon allow you to do mapping
Just want to get one that safe and comes with all the toys etc
Thank you for your post by the way [emoji2]

I Was going to get the Mavic pro but as I am due to take my test very soon they said go with a 6 blade drone

Hey Brian

There's a number 5 you should know about if you don't already. If you are UK-based, then you need to use the EU / UK firmware, which unfortunately restricts the video transmitter to 25% of its intended power so that it complies with max power thresholds under UK radio law. This drastically reduces your usable range for video, sometimes to as little as 250 meters, and there are sometimes problems with the landing gear up command causing disconnection of the feed, which can then take a full 4 minutes to reconnect. It does that often enough to be annoying, but when it doesn't the range is still reasonable can can be much better than the 250m I mentioned, and stays reasonably reliable after the second connection (for some reason)...

Hope that helps...
Man that suck if controller tablet last 8 to 15 minutes.. hmmm

Hey Brian

Hope that helps...
Aeroj for me it was just about not crashing it ... I been use to the breeze which is good for learning so I see your point I not wasting money on that [emoji2]

What I will say members on here are epic and the feed back and help outstanding. Thank you all as you know drone ant cheap so getting it right the first time save money ...as shops will give you all the talk and then when opening the box it's not what you need

Man that suck if controller tablet last 8 to 15 minutes.. hmmm
Nope, read it again :) 8 X 15 minute flights, not 8 TO 15 minutes overall !!! ;) So, maybe 4 hours continuous use, which is usually more time than people have flight batteries !

Just want to get one that safe and comes with all the toys etc

No drone past a certain size is 100% safe and reliable yet, because of the prop speeds involved and the fact that this is still relatively new technology... the later you join this hobby, in general the safer and better the machines are, but we are still a long way from 100% dependability. Also, while UAVs are using GPS for position hold and general flight 'cheating', then we have to remember the GPS network isn't flawless either, is susceptible to all sorts of interference / reflection / KP index problems, and this can lead to issues even with the most well designed and built UAVs. Unfortunately the shortcomings in any drone, or the networks it relies on to function have to be informed, monitored and compensated for by you, the pilot, and pilots who don't take the time to be aware are the ones that crash early and lose their investment...

So, stepping up to the next level is partly about accepting that crashes are a very real possibility in this hobby at any time and for reasons you almost never see coming the first time they do :)
But you are already doing the right thing, which is a **** of a lot of research and asking questions first - it is the knowledge you gain through doing this that will save you when some real-world sh1t goes down in the air, as it inevitably does at some point for everyone in this hobby ! But don't let that put you off either. There are already more than enough idiots doing this unmanned flight thing badly. Just be one of the good ones, who puts the work in, is as informed and practiced as they possibly can be, and is aware of all the possibilities that can lead to problems...

Also get public liability insurance so you are covered if your drone falls on anyone's head ! I am a member of the BMFA (British Model Flying Association) in the UK for example, where paying them £26 a year gets you £25 million in PLI protection, which holds up well in court (I am told !), and is something you can tell the angry public, and the police if they ever try and challenge / question your flying practices... of course for the insurance to cover you, you need to be flying legally, so again, your standard of fore-knowledge and good piloting practice is very important.

Also, Drone registration is coming in late next year in the UK, and there will be tests, so being informed, practiced and prepared will gear you up to sail through all that...

Last edited:
Nope, read it again :) 8 X 15 minute flights, not 8 TO 15 minutes overall !!! ;) So, maybe 4 hours continuous use, which is usually more time than people have flight batteries !
Ok thanks [emoji2]

No drone past a certain size is 100% safe and reliable yet, because of the prop speeds involved and the fact that this is still relatively new technology... the later you join this hobby, in general the safer and better the machines are, but we are still a long way from 100% dependability. Also, while UAVs are using GPS for position hold and general flight 'cheating', then we have to remember the GPS network isn't flawless either, is susceptible to all sorts of interference / reflection / KP index problems, and this can lead to issues even with the most well designed and built UAVs. Unfortunately the shortcomings in any drone, or the networks it relies on to function have to be informed, monitored and compensated for by you, the pilot, and pilots who don't take the time to be aware are the ones that crash early and lose their investment...

So, stepping up to the next level is partly about accepting that crashes are a very real possibility in this hobby at any time and for reasons you almost never see coming the first time they do :)
But you are already doing the right thing, which is a **** of a lot of research and asking questions first - it is the knowledge you gain through doing this that will save you when some real-world sh1t goes down in the air, as it inevitably does at some point for everyone in this hobby ! But don't let that put you off either. There are already more than enough idiots doing this unmanned flight thing badly. Just be one of the good ones, who puts the work in, is as informed and practiced as they possibly can be, and is aware of all the possibilities that can lead to problems...

Also get public liability insurance so you are covered if your drone falls on anyone's head ! I am a member of the BMFA (British Model Flying Association) in the UK for example, where paying them £26 a year gets you £25 million in PLI protection, which holds up well in court (I am told !), and is something you can tell the angry public, and the police if they ever try and challenge / question your flying practices... of course for the insurance to cover you, you need to be flying legally, so again, your standard of fore-knowledge and good piloting practice is very important.

Also, Drone registration is coming in late next year in the UK, and there will be tests, so being informed, practiced and prepared will gear you up to sail through all that...
Hi Aeroj great posting it gave me something to take on board yes I plane to take my test in the coming week pre booked already roll on payday .

I know and understand they crash and this is why I went for a small one to practice and then each time I get more comfortable with flying I updated the drone . But as they say baby steps first so no point running before I can walk .

I am very interested in joining that club your said about and also doing it right and fully above board.

Hi Aeroj great posting it gave me something to take on board yes I plane to take my test in the coming week pre booked already roll on payday .

I know and understand they crash and this is why I went for a small one to practice and then each time I get more comfortable with flying I updated the drone . But as they say baby steps first so no point running before I can walk .

I am very interested in joining that club your said about and also doing it right and fully above board.

Indeed - you have done exactly the right thing by learning to fly on something smaller and less consequential :) I learned on a micro quad. But even when I could fly manual mode I'm ashamed to say it took 3 non-pilot-error flyaways of DJI flight controllers (over 2 years) I could not respond to to teach me that a) I couldn't trust machines with DJI written on them, and b) actually you can't fully depend on any flying machine that isn't built to aerospace standards, as none of them are :) So it becomes all about minimising the chances of the worst occurring, but accepting that it might happen at some point anyway ! Not many of us have infinite pockets, and it's usually very expensive to play again after a big crash, so we have every incentive we need to do this as well as we possibly can. If you manage to fly just 10 days a month for 2 years, then that's 240 hours of flight fun (and counting) for your initial investment of X hundred pounds, which starts to look like pretty decent value for money. If you crash after that, due to some anomaly beyond your control, it is easier to feel better about that if you've made it last that long through decent piloting...

Check the internets and this very forum - there's a good few people who've had their Typhoon H's for about 2 years now, and a lot of them are still very happy with it...

But if I was you, in your position now, the big question for me would be 'Do I want to buy a Standard H (pro or otherwise) at amazingly cheap 'end of line' prices, or do I want the H Plus, which costs a grand more, but no doubt about it has a massively superior camera and better flight characteristics ! I went for option 1, and 42 flights in I am very happy with it, and Yuneec in general (!) for now - we'll see how long that lasts before camera envy wins the day ! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brianlam
Indeed - you have done exactly the right thing by learning to fly on something smaller and less consequential :) I learned on a micro quad. But even when I could fly manual mode I'm ashamed to say it took 3 non-pilot-error flyaways of DJI flight controllers (over 2 years) I could not respond to to teach me that a) I couldn't trust machines with DJI written on them, and b) actually you can't fully depend on any flying machine that isn't built to aerospace standards, as none of them are :) So it becomes all about minimising the chances of the worst occurring, but accepting that it might happen at some point anyway ! Not many of us have infinite pockets, and it's usually very expensive to play again after a big crash, so we have every incentive we need to do this as well as we possibly can. If you manage to fly just 10 days a month for 2 years, then that's 240 hours of flight fun (and counting) for your initial investment of X hundred pounds, which starts to look like pretty decent value for money. If you crash after that, due to some anomaly beyond your control, it is easier to feel better about that if you've made it last that long through decent piloting...

Check the internets and this very forum - there's a good few people who've had their Typhoon H's for about 2 years now, and a lot of them are still very happy with it...

But if I was you, in your position now, the big question for me would be 'Do I want to buy a Standard H (pro or otherwise) at amazingly cheap 'end of line' prices, or do I want the H Plus, which costs a grand more, but no doubt about it has a massively superior camera and better flight characteristics ! I went for option 1, and 42 flights in I am very happy with it, and Yuneec in general (!) for now - we'll see how long that lasts before camera envy wins the day ! :)
Thanks Aeroj yes going to get the typhoon h plus

The default 400’ altitude limitation CAN be changed by the user for Typhoon H, H Pro, and H Plus models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval