Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec UAV PILOT SIMULATOR.

I use the simulator quite often. It is a very realistic Sim with built in challanges to help you learn. There is only one field to fly though. It also has a geofence. If you fly to far it resets and you take off again. Only for the q500 and H. Not plus or any others yet.

I use the simulator quite often. It is a very realistic Sim with built in challanges to help you learn. There is only one field to fly though. It also has a geofence. If you fly to far it resets and you take off again. Only for the q500 and H. Not plus or any others yet.
Hi i use the flight sim on the H Plus & find it great to enhance your flight skills

The UAV Pilot is excellent in what it does. If someone is looking for a variety of scenery or simulated FPV views... this is not for you. However if you want an inexpensive way to operate the same controller as you fly with, it is quite effective... and not only for pilots who live with not flying for extended periods of time during winter.

It's greatest value is in being able to disable GPS in the simulator, and the sim will allow you to gain skill in this mode of operation with 0% risk to your aircraft.

UAV Pilot Simulator - Is it worth it?

You first start your controller, then your sim. You then need to follow the instructions on the sim to bind your controller to the sim. It will bind and show up on screen ready to fly. Not too hard once you have done it once. The instructions on screen will lead you through it.

Does anyone have any experience with this and if so what do you think of it?
THis is and extremely basic simulator. The one feature is that it is paired through a dongle (that is reasonably priced at about 50 bucks) so the actual control for the H is used. THe feel is ok and it will help you smooth out your stick control. I can see that Yuneec could make it more interesting in the future. If you are a gamer you will be sorely disappointed.

I bought my H in winter in the Okanogan Highlands. I wasn't about to lose it in 3-4 ft. of snow so flew the simulator until spring. My first flight outdoors was in the back yard. I flew it around a bit and then took it under the utility wires, past the well house and onto the picnic table on the deck. Simulator practice is the way to go!

Vic

If you are looking for a gaming experience, then you should probably stick to video games. The Simulator is designed to fly like the UAV, not like an X-Wing or any other such. It is much like Microsoft Flight Simulator is to flying an airplane. For what it is designed for, it works like it should and the challanges are exactly that... challanging. They will help you hone you skills flying. The one field does get old, hopefully they add more.

Reactions: NWSaint
THis is and extremely basic simulator. The one feature is that it is paired through a dongle (that is reasonably priced at about 50 bucks) so the actual control for the H is used. THe feel is ok and it will help you smooth out your stick control. I can see that Yuneec could make it more interesting in the future. If you are a gamer you will be sorely disappointed.

Just as reference, the Yuneec simulator is heads and shoulders better than the simulator that came with my DJI Phantom, so everything is relative.

I got my sim last fall and I'm glad I did. The only cost was for the dongle. I got min from Amazon and think it was les than $40 us. I live in NE Montana and besides winter we get alot of very windy days.

If you are looking for a gaming experience, then you should probably stick to video games. The Simulator is designed to fly like the UAV, not like an X-Wing or any other such. It is much like Microsoft Flight Simulator is to flying an airplane. For what it is designed for, it works like it should and the challanges are exactly that... challanging. They will help you hone you skills flying. The one field does get old, hopefully they add more.

Wow! I didn’t realize how much action there would be when I asked the question about the simulator but I’m glad I did. I ordered it from Terrestrial Imaging fo the same price as Amazon and had it two days later. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet but I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the feedback. It must be cold and crappie everywhere judging from all of the action on my two questions.

You first start your controller, then your sim. You then need to follow the instructions on the sim to bind your controller to the sim. It will bind and show up on screen ready to fly. Not too hard once you have done it once. The instructions on screen will lead you through it.
The display on the St16 is not really used with the simulator, is that correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval