Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Venom Typhoon H Pro Charger Troubleshooting

JohnTee1959

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is there anyone that has any troubleshooting diagrams or troubleshooting steps for this charger? I acquired this charger when I purchased my Yuneec Typhoon H+. It appears that only one battery of (4) is able to make the light go red and charge the other batteries are unable to do that. the lights remain green all the time. There has to be some jig that we can rig up to test each port for functionality. Can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• venom_4_port_typhoon_h_battery_charger.jpg
    venom_4_port_typhoon_h_battery_charger.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 4
I wish I had more information for you other than these chargers are known for having the very issue you are describing. Most chargers of this type do not go to the charging phase because they are not detecting voltage on one or more of the balancing contacts (all of the inner contacts). You can start by comparing them to the port that works and maybe using a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner.

Is there anyone that has any troubleshooting diagrams or troubleshooting steps for this charger? I acquired this charger when I purchased my Yuneec Typhoon H+. It appears that only one battery of (4) is able to make the light go red and charge the other batteries are unable to do that. the lights remain green all the time. There has to be some jig that we can rig up to test each port for functionality. Can anyone help me with this?
Sorry to add bad news but Ive had two if these and both had exactly the issues you describe and have ended up as land fill, they are simply dreadful.

I thought so but I was hoping that one of us might have cracked the code and for the cost opened one up, my fingers were crossed :( I might open it up and give it a try I will keep you posted. THank you for your reply.

Reactions: Bpwants2ski
I wish I had more information for you other than these chargers are known for having the very issue you are describing. Most chargers of this type do not go to the charging phase because they are not detecting voltage on one or more of the balancing contacts (all of the inner contacts). You can start by comparing them to the port that works and maybe using a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner.
Appreciate it! Was going to clean all connectors, checking all voltages across no load condition, then check if there is a battery that will go across all ports and give me the same or different conditions. That will point to a couple of data point to review. I will keep everyone that is monitoring posted on results. then we will take a educated path on troubleshooting. I will document and draw out and or photograph all steps. We will see if we can come up with something.

Appreciate it! Was going to clean all connectors, checking all voltages across no load condition, then check if there is a battery that will go across all ports and give me the same or different conditions. That will point to a couple of data point to review. I will keep everyone that is monitoring posted on results. then we will take a educated path on troubleshooting. I will document and draw out and or photograph all steps. We will see if we can come up with something.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval