Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3D Maps Using DroneDeploy

You can do 3D modeling with any copter photos that stores geodata which includes the CGO3+. The application cited in this video is Drone Deploy which I believe is intentionally written for DJI and will not import photos from other manufacturers. There are other online sites which will work.

Hi!

If anyone can confirm: Non-DJI cameras
Supported Drones
"DroneDeploy is now able to control supported DJI drones without a DJI camera"

Now it is supported to use other cameras?

Best regards

You can do 3D modeling with any copter photos that stores geodata which includes the CGO3+. The application cited in this video is Drone Deploy which I believe is intentionally written for DJI and will not import photos from other manufacturers. There are other online sites which will work.

Also quote from Drone Deploy's website (page supported drones): The DroneDeploy Map Engine lets you upload and process your imagery from any UAV setup. Once the data has been processed, you will also be able to make use of all the additional DroneDeploy functionality (such as sharing, annotations, and analysis).

It seems it is just their mobile app that only interacts with DJI.

I do not know if they only did DJI in the past, but maybe the Drone Deploy has grown to maturity and left the idea of sticking to one brand, like Dashware and GoPro.
Of course we have to be grateful for the manufacturers of hardware sponsering good software-startups.

Cheers!

Reactions: Jester
Thanks all.
I think what I am most interested in the the craft actually flying the programmed grid pattern
like here:

5324-413e6d2146193e23f96be7cd9f42ba9b.jpg

Attachments

• DD Grid.jpg
    DD Grid.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 22
I am currently researching this, I'm a surveyor using my H on the job. I have had "Hit or Miss" luck with mapsmadeeasy.com. Most of the options I'm finding available won't work with the H, but the reasons why are varied. The most common solution presented to me when I contact customer support with a problem with my images ........................ You really should consider DJI! :mad:

I'll be watching this thread anxiously. I have had success stitching images together with Microsoft Image composite editor (ICE, this works great for 360° Panos for facebook) and I think Hugin will work eventually, I just can't seem to get the CGO3 + settings right.

Beyond that, I can generate a dense point cloud using VisualSFM and Mesh LAB (FlightRiot has some good tutorials on youtube, although this process is a little cumbersome)

More Later. Please post if anyone can get a good mosaic from Hugin.

I'll be watching this thread anxiously. I have had success stitching images together with Microsoft Image composite editor (ICE, this works great for 360° Panos for facebook) and I think Hugin will work eventually, I just can't seem to get the CGO3 + settings right.

More Later. Please post if anyone can get a good mosaic from Hugin.

I find Hugin a lot of work to get aquainted to. Not a very logical interface, just like Resolve. No doubt very good quality freeware programs, hats off, but not very intuitive. They work very good, seriously. I can imagine that progs containing these powerful and cool in-depth opportunities and tools to make the best of your photos and vids are difficult to make easygoing-available for the simple consumer. Maybe produce a 'light' version of these powerfull programs using some templates would do the trick...

cheers!

Last edited:
I find Hugin a lot of work to get aquainted to. Not a very logical interface, just like Resolve. No doubt very good quality freeware programs, hats off, but not very intuitive. They work very good, seriously. I can imagine that progs wit these powerful and cool in-depth opportunities to make the best of your photos and vids are difficult to make easygoing-available for the simple consumer. Maybe produce a 'light' version of these powerfull programs using some templates would do the trick...

cheers!
They may be the same thing, but I generally separate freeware (usually lite or watered down versions of commercial software) and open source (full versions, woefully lacking in documentation, lol)

Another very helpful program is GeoSetter for editing and checking EXIF Data. This can be helpful when trying to troubleshoot image processing errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88taixiucom