Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude limitation

Reaction score
I took my drone out today, prior to doing so I cleared my flight log cache, recalibrate evertything but compass because I was indoors. I reset my drone after each calibration just to be safe. After my accelerometer calibration I connected my drone to the GUI without touching my drone and I had 0's. while it was still connected to the GUI I also increased my altitude limit to 1000' just so I could test it. Went out to the middle of nowhere and it wouldn't exceed 400' and I'm supposed to have NFZ restriction off. I've been seeing they removed the height restriction and the fact that I changed the value in GUI and clicked update makes me wonder if the altitude restriction is still a factor.

I took my drone out today, prior to doing so I cleared my flight log cache, recalibrate evertything but compass because I was indoors. I reset my drone after each calibration just to be safe. After my accelerometer calibration I connected my drone to the GUI without touching my drone and I had 0's. while it was still connected to the GUI I also increased my altitude limit to 1000' just so I could test it. Went out to the middle of nowhere and it wouldn't exceed 400' and I'm supposed to have NFZ restriction off. I've been seeing they removed the height restriction and the fact that I changed the value in GUI and clicked update makes me wonder if the altitude restriction is still a factor.
I seem to recall it is necessary to reinstall the NFZ after an update.
When you say "0's" in the GUI what boxes are you referring to?
As far as the altitude setting, I would give it another try.

This is true. The Waiver firmware needs to be installed again. This is referenced in the installation instructions provided with the firmware.

You never have to re enter the NFZfirmware. I have never had to do it after updates on all Q500 4K or H Pro. I actually verified it with a tech over the phone in the past. Not being able to adjust your altitude had something to do with the Auto Pilot firmware 1.30 (?) I forget the actual number. I had to revert back to 1.29 to get altitude control back. The newest firmware update to Auto Pilot fixed this bug. I can adjust my attitude anytime I want now...just like before.

Have you updated to the latest Auto Pilot? Before the update I had to reinstall 1.29 to get altitude control back in the GUI. The newest firmware for Auto Pilot resolved this bug.

The NFZ unlock isn't relevant since it isn't required to fly above 400 feet / 122 meters.

I'm pretty sure I read many forum members state that the altitude restrictions were lifted on the latest update. I never fly above 400' anyways, and maybe the height restriction and NFZ are two different things. I was at Yuneec and specifically told them NFZ was installed on my drone and even offered to sign a new waiver. But it's neither here nor there. I was just surprised the altitude I entered into the GUI didn't take.

I haven't updated to the latest firmware due to lack of need. I don't have a clue with what you are experiencing.

I'm pretty sure I read many forum members state that the altitude restrictions were lifted on the latest update. I never fly above 400' anyways, and maybe the height restriction and NFZ are two different things. I was at Yuneec and specifically told them NFZ was installed on my drone and even offered to sign a new waiver. But it's neither here nor there. I was just surprised the altitude I entered into the GUI didn't take.

I did install the latest Auto Pilot, no problem to fly @350 mtrs.
I am in Europe and did OTA update.

Cheers!

Interesting..... This kinda happened to me also. The first time I changed my attitude after the update I bumped it to 500' then went out to test. My H stopped at 396', powered down came back inside and connected to GUI again and it was like I never changed the limit to begin with. I entered 500' again and it accepted it. When I tested that my H stopped at 500'.

Had the same problem but in the opposite direction. Using the GUI I limited the height to 100' and closed the program. Flew it for a few weeks at low altitudes, then hooked up the GUI again and it reverted back to the default value. Maybe there is a "Save" option I missed or perhaps the height limit only is for the first flight?

Sponge

If you do a firmware update, that will revert back to the default values. Otherwise I would expect the values to stick, I believe they are kept in non-volatile memory (though there is a chance that it is backed up by a small battery or capacitor and thus has a limited lifespan unless you occasionally plug in a flight battery).

Install the GUI update and it will work.

So the latest firmware with the NFZ file from yuneec should allow it past 400'. Mine has stopped at 400' after the NFZ update from yuneec.

Using the new GUI and b30 update the one I have yet to apply waiver software to adjusts altitude limits without issue. It's currently set to 550'.

Reactions: Ralphy
Ok so i got the new gui I still got limited at 393' ft. I went in and noticed that when you flash the waiver nfz file it must have updated my autopilot to v1.3. So i went back and flashed the autopilot to v1.29 and now i can fly past 400' and i have the nfz working.

Do any of you know if there are different versions of the nfz? I thought i read something about yuneec granting full nfz only to remote pilots with the license.

Ok so i got the new gui I still got limited at 393' ft. I went in and noticed that when you flash the waiver nfz file it must have updated my autopilot to v1.3. So i went back and flashed the autopilot to v1.29 and now i can fly past 400' and i have the nfz working.

Do any of you know if there are different versions of the nfz? I thought i read something about yuneec granting full nfz only to remote pilots with the license.
Here are the instructions for adding the nfz file to the GUI. Note the very last line states "If you do future firmware updates it will overwrite this and you will have to redo this process"View attachment Typhoon H Complete No Fly Removal Instructions.pdf

Here are the instructions for adding the nfz file to the GUI. Note the very last line states "If you do future firmware updates it will overwrite this and you will have to redo this process"View attachment 7357

I understand tha and i read it. I did not do a future firmware update. I simply flashed only the autopilot v1.29 to get past the *** altitude limitations. It seems you have to find a work around their silly limitations constantly.

There are two versions of the lifted NFZ's. The one for 107 operators removes all limitations. The one for recreational flyers lifts most limitations but retains.height limitations within a certain distance of the qualifying airport. As Bob mentioned, every time you flash firmware the waiver code has to be done again afterwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22