Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another hidden feature?

Interesting. Would that be the power being used by each channel? How can this be useful info, RR?

I thought someone posted something about this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Would that be the power being used by each channel? How can this be useful info, RR?
I think it is like the hardware monitor. It just shows what your sticks are doing by percentage. It is nice because you do not have to exit the regular screen and tap OK on the dialog box, then open hardware monitor. If your bird is drifting for example, you can quickly check if a stick is not centered properly.

Reactions: yerrickl
I think it is like the hardware monitor. It just shows what your sticks are doing by percentage. It is nice because you do not have to exit the regular screen and tap OK on the dialog box, then open hardware monitor. If your bird is drifting for example, you can quickly check if a stick is not centered properly.

I also use it to monitor the sticks response before flying without having to change to hardware monitor screen

I thought someone posted something about this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did in fact. It's a short cut to tr hardware monitor for each channel. Easy way to check if they function proper and travel the whole range properly.

I also use it to monitor the sticks response before flying without having to change to hardware monitor screen

A couple months ago I had to send my 'H' to Yuneec due to a minor crash. Had I been more aware of the other screens and what they tell us, I might have saved having the crash in the first place. My 'H' was making a noise such as you hear when you move the right hand joy stick out of neutral. But I wasn't touching either joy stick and could hear that same sound that would not stop. Later after the crash, I checked the Hardware Monitor and saw the following indications. Here is a picture of my screen:

Screenshot_2016-10-31-22-00-17.png
Note J1 & J3 are not at neutral. J1 is throttle at 100 %, and J3 is at -100 %. When I chose to start the motors (bad mistake) the 'H' tried to fly and went forward for about six feet and hit a wall. If I had known the condition of the situation, then I wouldn't have started the motors in the first place. Lesson learned!
However, I still had a landing gear problem where they would not retract and subsequently got that fixed when I shipped my 'H' to Yuneec. Now all is well so far.
So now part of my pre-start procedure is to check the Hardware Monitor to see if anything is out of position before I start the motors.

Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good flight!!

Each channel is just a number value, This is the raw information getting sent to the H. if you flip switches you will see the values change. For example almost all aircraft have throttle as channel 1, that channel tells what throttle value to use. Channel 5 a lot of times is your flaps. Its the value the servo would use to move the flaps.

I'll give you another hidden feature.
If you go to about controller, and tap the crap out of the Yuneec name on the lower right hand side of the screen, a WiFi menu will come up.

Here's another one,
If your using the android pad, surfacing the web, playing with an app etc, you can hold down the red start button and it will put the controller in hibernate.
To bring it out of hibernation, hold the red start button down again. The nice thing about this is you don't have to wait 2 minutes for the controller to boot up and when you wake up the controller the wifi connection will still be connected in pad mode.

Reactions: Michael Brown
Another hidden feature,

Tap the crap out of the about controller button on the lower left hand side and you can access the controllers hardware calibration screens as well as other telemetry options.

Want faster yawing?
go into advanced mode and then click on the J2 button and increase the max out to 125%.
You can also do this with the other motions and pick up extra HP.

And yet still, no one can tell me what channel 12 controls:mad:
Sure hope its a dry set of contacts so I can map the AUX button to it and hook up an Aux load to it.

Want faster yawing?
go into advanced mode and then click on the J2 button and increase the max out to 125%.
You can also do this with the other motions and pick up extra HP.
Actually I would like slower yawing.
Rabbit mode is almost useless for video unless you fly in a straight motion without turning.
Turtle mode is a little too slow for straight runs, so I find myself switching back and forth from rabbit to turtle while flying.

Actually I would like slower yawing.
Rabbit mode is almost useless for video unless you fly in a straight motion without turning.
Turtle mode is a little too slow for straight runs, so I find myself switching back and forth from rabbit to turtle while flying.
Dave,
Easy enough to set up in advanced mode.
Cut the gains for max output, or map the aux switch to j2 to cut the gains when needed.

Reactions: Subtle Shots
Does anyone know how to program the AUX switch to turn on GPS. This way if your flying ATTI mode with the GPS off, and you have an urgent situation where you need to turn it on quickly for recovery, you would not have to go to into settings to turn GPS back on. You could hit the AUX button and quickly re-activate GPS. The Phantoms have a switch so you can turn them on and off quickly for an emergency recovery. // Or to be able to Toggle the GPS On/Off with the AUX switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers