Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging Plug

What kind of advice do you need?

Andy

I received 2 DIY kits. Word of advice: these are not easy to assemble! The hard part is getting the 3 small pins into place. Extreme tight fit would be an understatement. I ended up making a huge mess of my first kit and had to resort to removing the plastic sleeves off all the pins to get it into the holes and epoxied into place. On my second kit I was able to make it perfect within 30 mins, here are tips from what I learned to make it a bit easier:

- assemble the pins first! It's tight enough as is but easier to get them in without the adjacent large red connectors.

- the trick on the pins is to use the smallest blob of solder possible. A hair too much and it will be impossible to get it in.

- a lot of patience is needed. Takes a while to work each pin into the hole working at it from different angles. Rush and you'll break it.

- you may only be able to get 2/3 pins into place as the outer pins are on the edge of the red connector. I had to install one of the red connectors before I could properly seat the final pin.

- test everything and if OK epoxy the space in behind the connector.

hy apexi

thx for the additional instructions. This might help people assembling the connector easier.

Andy

Update:

Yesterday all orders of the 2nd batch have been shipped. Thx a lot for your patient and all the orders!

Just got an update on the next batch which will arrive next week, probably Wednesday, however not yet confirmed.
So all of you who have done a back order will get the connectors as soon as I receive the material.
Currently all back orders can be handled once the material arrives.
So if you are still indecisively about ordering a Connector there are still 20 to 30 connectors left for the next batch.

Andy

I reckon I am now a customer. I don't know enough to ask for advice. Easy, huh...

I received 2 DIY kits. Word of advice: these are not easy to assemble! The hard part is getting the 3 small pins into place. Extreme tight fit would be an understatement. I ended up making a huge mess of my first kit and had to resort to removing the plastic sleeves off all the pins to get it into the holes and epoxied into place. On my second kit I was able to make it perfect within 30 mins, here are tips from what I learned to make it a bit easier:

- assemble the pins first! It's tight enough as is but easier to get them in without the adjacent large red connectors.

- the trick on the pins is to use the smallest blob of solder possible. A hair too much and it will be impossible to get it in.

- a lot of patience is needed. Takes a while to work each pin into the hole working at it from different angles. Rush and you'll break it.

- you may only be able to get 2/3 pins into place as the outer pins are on the edge of the red connector. I had to install one of the red connectors before I could properly seat the final pin.

- test everything and if OK epoxy the space in behind the connector.
I couldn't get the pins in at all, so I ended up drilling out the holes with a 3/32" drill bit. This worked out perfectly as the pins measured 0.094" and the drill bit was 0.093". So I ended up with a 0.001" interference fit. Still needed a pair of needle nose pliers to push them in.

Update:

Yesterday all orders of the 2nd batch have been shipped. Thx a lot for your patient and all the orders!

Just got an update on the next batch which will arrive next week, probably Wednesday, however not yet confirmed.
So all of you who have done a back order will get the connectors as soon as I receive the material.
Currently all back orders can be handled once the material arrives.
So if you are still indecisively about ordering a Connector there are still 20 to 30 connectors left for the next batch.

Andy
Can you please post a link where i can buy from thanks...

GekoCH my order was #594 will I get a tracking ### with that ?

No there will be no tracking Nr. available swiss post foes not support this for envelops. Your order should arrive between
today and the end of next week.

Andy

I reckon I am now a customer. I don't know enough to ask for advice. Easy, huh...

Yes I got your order. I'm currently still waiting for the material so I can send out all curent back orders as intended.

Andy

Just got mine today. I ordered the assembled version. Top quality her folks. You can't beat the price either compared to those that are on eBay for $50 plus!! Thank you so much for the plug. Such a time saver.

I couldn't get the pins in at all, so I ended up drilling out the holes with a 3/32" drill bit. This worked out perfectly as the pins measured 0.094" and the drill bit was 0.093". So I ended up with a 0.001" interference fit. Still needed a pair of needle nose pliers to push them in.

Yes, same here. I used a 2.3mm Drill Bit which left a perfect interference fit. Standard Holes were just too small.

Yes, same here. I used a 2.3mm Drill Bit which left a perfect interference fit. Standard Holes were just too small.

Strange all 3d Parts are hand drilled with a 2.3mm drill bit otherwise I couldn't fit in the spring loaded pins also the ones for the kit!

Andy

Yep, I'm going to get a drill bit and enlarge the holes.
Looks like I will need some more pins.
Wrecked some trying to force them into the holes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage