Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

bent prop H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

If a prop is out of balance, over time it can cause structural defects to other components of an aircraft.

If a prop is out of balance, over time it can cause structural defects to other components of an aircraft.
thank you,
Can this ( See photo) happen during stationary flight without hitting anything ? (with non-original props)

Is the H used, or have you had it since brand new?

Is the H used, or have you had it since brand new?

Not mine, a guy states this happened, props not new and not original.

Ok. It would be nice to have the telemetry files when this happened.
Since it's not yours it's difficult to ask any more questions about it.
Flight history is what I would start digging into.

Ok. It would be nice to have the telemetry files when this happened.
Since it's not yours it's difficult to ask any more questions about it.
Flight history is what I would start digging into.

So, this motor and prop just fell off the aircraft?
According to pilot, prop bent, arm broke, and drone fell from 60m. Crashing and splitting appart several pieces

And I have a doubt about origin of accident so I ask:
"Can this happen during stationary flight without hitting anything ? (with non-original props) "

"Can this happen during stationary flight without hitting anything ? (with non-original props) "

Theoretically possible? Yes. But then I can't prove there are no leprechauns either so theoretically, lots of things are possible.

Likely? Nope, and I wouldn't buy that story for a minute.

Reactions: Sarah
I doubt it, he either hit something or something hit it causing a crash.

Reactions: Sarah
Physics tend to flatten props when rotating, but maybe adding some big stress like swinging back and forth could fold the prop, but still it will tend to stay flat... Is the physics part sound ?

Reactions: Prince R Harden
Most likely one motor stopped and when it came down on the sand (guessing it crashed on sand because of the picture) bent the prop. There does not appear to be any damage to a leading edge of the prop, just a bend. To me that indicated it bent when it was not spinning. In order for this person to get a better answer, they need to join and ask questions and post replies. Going from you, to us, to the owner, to you, to us, is just too many people involved.

Most likely one motor stopped and when it came down on the sand (guessing it crashed on sand because of the picture) bent the prop. There does not appear to be any damage to a leading edge of the prop, just a bend. To me that indicated it bent when it was not spinning. In order for this person to get a better answer, they need to join and ask questions and post replies. Going from you, to us, to the owner, to you, to us, is just too many people involved.
Could be bent on crash, I guess Yuneec hexas can fly with 5 motors, so one stopped, couldn't cause the crash. Why did it fall ? See log files above.

Pilot is not online, because he definitely thinks the prop bent and drone fell, his ego doesn't allow him to consider any other solution, pilot's pride....

Clearly not enough information. That damage most likely happened on impact (spinning props or not) as opposed to in the air not hitting anything during "stationary flight".

Define "Stationary Flight". That sounds like hovering. Can this happen while hovering? Not until the laws of physics change. Next question please.

It is a disguised H into an H520 with orange skin, maybe the stickers got into props...

Clearly not enough information. That damage most likely happened on impact (spinning props or not) as opposed to in the air not hitting anything during "stationary flight".

Define "Stationary Flight". That sounds like hovering. Can this happen while hovering? Not until the laws of physics change. Next question please.
Stationnery flight means no movement in any axis (X, Y, Z) relative to ground,
Hovering could be interpreted as flying over something, so stationary flight, not hovering.

Stationary = no change in x,y, or z axis, relative to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare