Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

bent prop H

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video demonstrates the motor wiring is very durable and difficult to break even with a motor running and flopping around. The bent prop could easily have been a result of a bird or from landing on the prop. There may have been other damaged props but without all the pieces sitting in a row we cannot determine that.

WHY anything about this claimed incident is given any validity I do not understand... this entire thread is, (like another recent thread) is 3rd party hearsay... so once again, if the actual pilot of the aircraft does not come on to this board to give accurate information, this thread will be deleted by the end of day.

Sarah, it is not standard for pilots to share their telemetry with others to post on a forum. What exactly is your relationship to this pilot?

Sorry didn't know the rule of not posting telemetry, no other relation with pilot that a facebook pal. I wanted to know what happened to this chap, in order to learn.

It's anyone's guess. Not all the facts are being presented, I wonder why?
oh well.

Facts are not all being presented, because basically my question is :
"Can this happen during stationary flight without hitting anything ? (with non-original props) "
The answer is NO and to answer that question not all the wehereabouts are needed.

@Steve Carr : "The flight controller would have detected a high load on the motor and would have shut down the motor. "

Amazing, glad to learn that !

Do you have a Facebook link of the post?

Do you speak french ? see this page, it has posts from pilot among many others, it is not just one post but several ( a story)
Yuneec Typhoon H ,H Plus ,H520 series Francophone

Do you speak french ? see this page, it has posts from pilot among many others, it is not just one post but several ( a story)
Yuneec Typhoon H ,H Plus ,H520 series Francophone
This group? Yuneec TYPHOON H/HPlus/H520 Owners Group.............. Yuneec TYPHOON H/HPlus/H520 Owners Group
I'm a moderator on that group but I don't see the post.

thank you,
Can this ( See photo) happen during stationary flight without hitting anything ? (with non-original props)
A clear reminder to always and only use original parts.. i.e props....

Stationnery flight means no movement in any axis (X, Y, Z) relative to ground
Agreed.
Hovering could be interpreted as flying over something, so stationary flight, not hovering.
Now that makes no sense. Are you using Google Translate? Please explain how "Stationary flight" is NOT hovering.

Agreed.

Now that makes no sense. Are you using Google Translate? Please explain how "Stationary flight" is NOT hovering.

Not google translate... :) You could use relative hovering when following a ship at sea (your hovering has no x.y.z movement relative to ship). It that case you are not in stationary flight, but in relative hover, correct ? You may also have a stationary hover... see FAA manual on choppers.
But of course maybe I have mis-interpred their deep meaning.

FAA regs flying handbook

Reactions: Gadget2628

I understand it just like Sarah does. Hovering is being at the same height all the time, but not necessarily in the same place. Stationary flight is to be at the same point all the time, without moving.

Reactions: Gadget2628
According to pilot, prop bent, arm broke, and drone fell from 60m. Crashing and splitting appart several pieces

Uhhh, not. Yuneec props won’t deform like that unless they were stored in a bent position for a period of time in a hot environment. Their composition has them more prone to fracture or chipping from impact, not deflecting and retaining deformation.

That state might be expected after putting the aircraft in the trunk of a car with the booms extended and a prop blade resting on some other object in the trunk. The floor, front or backseat of a car during hot weather with a prop deflected by something would fit as well.

After market props soft enough to deform in such a manner in flight, or during impact, would be too soft to provide decent flight performance as much of their thrust efficiency is lost to deflection coning. They would all be bent significantly upwards during flight and remain somewhat deflected after being in use for a period of time. As for telemetry, it tells us nothing because any telemetry could be provided to support such an event and none of it would be applicable to a propeller.

Bluntly, I question the owner’s veracity.

Last edited:
That is the definition of hovering.

I understood it as I put it, but now searching, there are contradictory versions. When we talk about hover flight, about a helicopter, we talk about the following:

To achieve hovering, a pilot must maintain the aircraft in nearly motionless flight over a reference point at a constant altitude and on a headin.

Then he talks about the real difficulty of doing this maneuver because of the characteristics of the aircraft, and he talks about "hover", that is to try to maintain the position although it is not achieved, it floats in the point in which it is.

I understood that stationary flight, it was that, just to get it, to be totally stopped. But it can also be understood as hovering :rolleyes:

Reactions: John Hennessy
Interesting exchange you have going on concerning the topic. There's also some decent unrelated info within the the FB group.

Reactions: Sarah
Being stationary doesn't mean the pitch and roll are zero. It all depends on wind at altitude. Changes in pitch and roll while in hover are common when reviewing the telemetry. The log can also show drastic changes when hit by something.

It appears the owner of this H was speculating about the cause. He seems unsure of the actual cause. He obviously made some mistakes and has acknowledged that in his post. He does say that failing to make sure the props were OEM was a huge mistake.

I think we have sufficient information to know that a motor pod did not simply fall off. It would need to be ripped off by something or it broke off when it hit the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66