Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Brand New Typhoon H w/ Intel Sense Coming Next Week!

Reaction score
I'm so excited to finally get my Typhoon H w/ updated ST16+ 3 antenna transmitter next Tuesday. I waited too long after the holidays and Best Buy ran out of stock every time I tried to buy one at the store. I was able to finally get one from their warehouse and will be here soon.

I have been reviewing all the post and Youtube topics on firmware updates and getting a little nervous of how this will go. I had no issues with my Q500 4K when I got it and did manual SD card updates with success. The bird has been very reliable and a joy to fly. I wanted to see if any of you have any words of wisdom on how to proceed with the firmware updates. Should I just fly it out of the box and wait to update to the latest firmware until all the "bugs" have been worked out? Have the bugs been worked out? Also I will be getting a NFZ firmware update (even though it's not going to turn off completely) from Yuneec after I get it registered with them. Any tips on when to install that update? So many horror stories out there and I just want things to go smoothly.

The tutorial from Chris at Terrestrial Imaging seems to be the best advice on a stress free updating process. He seems to believe not using the wifi method is best.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Brown
Best advice I can offer : Read the manual... All of the manual... Multiple times!

Secondly, always do firmware updates and calibrate correctly with each and every update. There are plenty of excellent videos on YouTube so take advantage together of the expertise at your disposal.

I've never had any problems with with my H by following this regimen since I first got my H last April. Good luck!

Reactions: m5zealot
About the best information that I can pass on to you is after you have updated everything, calibrate everything. Anytime you change the batteries out make sure you turn your ST 16 off also. Other than that enjoy fly safe .

Reactions: m5zealot
Thank you gentlemen! Yes, I have a ritual when I buy anything new. I take the manual and lock myself in my office to read every single page - twice! I'll update everything all at once as you suggest and cross my fingers. I hope my good luck continues with my second bird from Yuneec and will have a painless initialization process. Hope to share some new adventures soon!

Thank you gentlemen! Yes, I have a ritual when I buy anything new. I take the manual and lock myself in my office to read every single page - twice! I'll update everything all at once as you suggest and cross my fingers. I hope my good luck continues with my second bird from Yuneec and will have a painless initialization process. Hope to share some new adventures soon!

You may want to hold off on the update since there is talk of a new one coming out soon.

I was all excited about receiving my Typhoon H 7 months ago. Since then it fell out of the air, went back for repair, didn't work right, then went back again. Hope your luck is better than mine.

Congrats on your new purchase! Before (And after) I received my "H", I read the manual several times (Like stated above), as well as watch quite a few videos of the different aspects of the bird. Take it slow, and you will be fine!! Heck, when my H arrived I waited several days before flying it (I had to research more about it)!

Patience is the key (IMHO)!!

Gentlemen,

I got my H today and was so excited to do all firmware updates! I did fire drills and simulations so I couldn't fail! I set aside some time to get this done right. Charged the batteries and the transmitter and crossed my fingers. The first thing I did was go into system settings just to see which firmware she already had.......ready.....?

The transmitter and H were already updated to the most current firmware! :D I was so relieved but at the same time pissed that I stressed over nothing! I noticed my H (intel sense) also has the external antennas installed - sticking out of the body next to the landing gear! I'm so glad I didn't order the the aftermarket antennas from Carolina Drones. It took a week to get this bird and I only live 150 miles from Yuneec USA so I have to assume this is a fresh off the boat copter! It's 11:54 pm, so I'll wait for the maiden flight until morning.

Congrats on your new purchase! Before (And after) I received my "H", I read the manual several times (Like stated above), as well as watch quite a few videos of the different aspects of the bird. Take it slow, and you will be fine!! Heck, when my H arrived I waited several days before flying it (I had to research more about it)!

Patience is the key (IMHO)!!

Yes, I have been watching all videos on Youtube. So sad that some of them are from the 1st generation H which was made to look inadequate compared to the DJI birds. I have to be careful because the Stop/Start button on the control is where the picture button is on my Q500 4K! :eek:

I noticed my H (intel sense) also has the external antennas installed - sticking out of the body next to the landing gear!

I have mine going to a small plastic tube next to the landing gear. Is this what you are talking about?

Congrats on getting your new "H"!!

I have mine going to a small plastic tube next to the landing gear. Is this what you are talking about?

Congrats on getting your new "H"!!

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise! I remember seeing the same antennas in some videos but assumed they were aftermarket. I searched the entire Yuneec website and didn't find any mention or pictures of the new updated birds! I was ready to drill a couple of holes in the body (yes before warranty was up) because I have heard these add more reliable connectivity.

520533-yuneec-typhoon-h.jpg
Love it Love it! Did I mention I love it? :D Took the new H out today and what an amazing hexacopter this is! So responsive and so fast compared to my Q500 4K. I didn't even bother to take pics/vids because I had a crowd of people watching me. Lots of questions and compliments. The best ones were..."It's so quiet compared to those white toylike drones!" and "Now that looks like is can carry missiles!" I did a demonstration by flying it thru a grove of trees w/ Intel sense on in follow me mode. I'm sure I help boost sales for Yuneec today! Went thru 3 batteries before people left me alone.

^^ Nice video - thanks for sharing.

So great to see new H pilots discovering just how good this frame is. Goes to show how important it is to take your time, read the manual, watch as many informative clips as possible so you can get familiar with it and enjoy the flight experience. Well done @m5zealot

The antennas on the H Pro as received after purchase are not the same as the after market antennas sold by CarolinaDronz but no worry, what you have are just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so excited to finally get my Typhoon H w/ updated ST16+ 3 antenna transmitter next Tuesday. I waited too long after the holidays and Best Buy ran out of stock every time I tried to buy one at the store. I was able to finally get one from their warehouse and will be here soon.

I have been reviewing all the post and Youtube topics on firmware updates and getting a little nervous of how this will go. I had no issues with my Q500 4K when I got it and did manual SD card updates with success. The bird has been very reliable and a joy to fly. I wanted to see if any of you have any words of wisdom on how to proceed with the firmware updates. Should I just fly it out of the box and wait to update to the latest firmware until all the "bugs" have been worked out? Have the bugs been worked out? Also I will be getting a NFZ firmware update (even though it's not going to turn off completely) from Yuneec after I get it registered with them. Any tips on when to install that update? So many horror stories out there and I just want things to go smoothly.

The tutorial from Chris at Terrestrial Imaging seems to be the best advice on a stress free updating process. He seems to believe not using the wifi method is best.

Thanks,
What's the difficult on updating? Put it on the card, put card in bird or tx and go to system settings, about, update. Am I missing something here or is it a different thing we're talking about?

The firmware couldn't have been easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22