Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Bind & Start Problem

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought a brand new Breeze.

For about 2 hours, i tried to bind it to it’s own wifi, faced a lot of problems.
Sometimes, the wifi was not even found. (I tried with an IPhone 7, ios version 10.2.1)
Anyway, at a time , I succeeded to bind to wifi , made the config and tested indoor at home successfully.

So far so good. Then it warned me to download new firmware.I accepted it.
So it downloaded the upgrade, started installing, displayed “upgrading” but then suddenly it failed.
Then retried again, 2-3 times again. All retries failed.

Afterwards, drone passed to a mode that it didn’t make any beep sound(when starting) , didn’t blink blue.
Power off/on multiple times, but no beep while power off/on, just a steady,constant blue light.

The firmware update operation stucked the drone. Now client version in the mobile app shows as 1.0.5.6

After than, when i succeed to bind to wifi (sometimes) , i open the app, see the live view of the drone’s camera. But when i try to start calibration or do a firmware upgrade , it shows an error like “Insufficient battery power to complete compass calibration/the upgrade) , tried with fully charged 2 batteries.

I googled and saw in these forums that, to factory reset the drone, "click the button in the small hole nearby the usb port"

I gave it many tries. But there was no change in the status of drone (no blinking, no take off, wifi sometimes visible and can bind for 10-20 sec, than unbinded again)

At the end of the day, i’m unable to use my new drone.
I called the yuneec support , they told me to send the drone to repair center , due I'm in Europe , it's not an easy process to send/receive back like in US.

What can i do ? Any recommendation especially the "insufficient battery" error.
The drone is brand new and the batteries as well. So the failed firmware upgrade & insufficient battery problem brough the drone to an unknown state.

Appreciate your help to revert my breeze to original state.

Thank you,
Berkay

Hi there,

I bought a brand new Breeze.

For about 2 hours, i tried to bind it to it’s own wifi, faced a lot of problems.
Sometimes, the wifi was not even found. (I tried with an IPhone 7, ios version 10.2.1)
Anyway, at a time , I succeeded to bind to wifi , made the config and tested indoor at home successfully.

So far so good. Then it warned me to download new firmware.I accepted it.
So it downloaded the upgrade, started installing, displayed “upgrading” but then suddenly it failed.
Then retried again, 2-3 times again. All retries failed.

Afterwards, drone passed to a mode that it didn’t make any beep sound(when starting) , didn’t blink blue.
Power off/on multiple times, but no beep while power off/on, just a steady,constant blue light.

The firmware update operation stucked the drone. Now client version in the mobile app shows as 1.0.5.6

After than, when i succeed to bind to wifi (sometimes) , i open the app, see the live view of the drone’s camera. But when i try to start calibration or do a firmware upgrade , it shows an error like “Insufficient battery power to complete compass calibration/the upgrade) , tried with fully charged 2 batteries.

I googled and saw in these forums that, to factory reset the drone, "click the button in the small hole nearby the usb port"

I gave it many tries. But there was no change in the status of drone (no blinking, no take off, wifi sometimes visible and can bind for 10-20 sec, than unbinded again)

At the end of the day, i’m unable to use my new drone.
I called the yuneec support , they told me to send the drone to repair center , due I'm in Europe , it's not an easy process to send/receive back like in US.

What can i do ? Any recommendation especially the "insufficient battery" error.
The drone is brand new and the batteries as well. So the failed firmware upgrade & insufficient battery problem brough the drone to an unknown state.

Appreciate your help to revert my breeze to original state.

Thank you,
Berkay
YUNEEC BREEZE FACTORY RESET FOR WIFI CONNECTION PROBLEM

If the problem is still present you can try flashing the drone manually.
See attached pdf.
- Andrea -

Attachments

• Update Breeze DE u. EN.pdf
    183.2 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: Haydn
Have you by any chance found a solution? I'm about to return this product cause I'm starting to feel I wasted my money, I just bought this yesterday and it's having the same issue as yours.

Hello All,
I have similar issue with my breeze. Since the last firmware update it's very hard to bind my phone to the drone. Even if I can bind them, after a few sec it loose the connection and can not restore it, just hovering in the same place and after 1 min it's landing automatically.
I have contacted with Yuneec, but they said, there is no possibility to restore the old firmware...
I'm totally clueless... now I have a breeze which is unusable and just collect the dust on the shelf.
If anyone found a solution for this issue, pls let me know.

Thanks a lot!
Br,
Peter

Reactions: sj_kim
Thanks for your reply!
I tried it, but there is no success.
I have contacted again with Yuneec and they suggested to send back for technical checking.
What can I lose? :)
If anybody have other solution, before I send it back, pls do not hesitate to share with me :)
Thanks again!

Reactions: sj_kim
Hello All,
...Even if I can bind them, after a few sec it loose the connection and can not restore it, just hovering in the same place and after 1 min it's landing automatically.
I had the same problem with Samsung Note 2, Note 3. It connected then disconnected.
iPhone 5 worked fine.

So at one point I was getting the battery too weak to do ****. Charged of course. Not sure what I did but it snapped out if it. MAYBE RESET IT. But later one flight with my son I believe we did an inferior compass calibration, tho it accepted it. Then (I just learned today) that yr suppose to wait for 18 satelites. So recommend doing that. Anyway got a new compass module and willcheck the shielding talked about in Andy RC video. Best I ve seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal