Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze goes crazy

Thanks for that...may I ask what u mean by lag re FPV goggles and also why is there so much on the internet about the new firmware (i presume for controller and FPV) causing wireless crashes and they sound really bad --like loss of control -
How long does it take for bugs to be removed from software and when should I feel confident about buying a breeze?
Thanks P

Wifi is not really suitable for FPV as it's not in real time. It's fine for phone video as you are still in the real world with all your senses. Once you strap goggles on, that's your new reality and it can't ever be behind to effectively fly safely. I suppose you could learn to get used to it but given that in the racing world these problems don't exist it seems pointless to use it this way. I've got plenty of real time FPV quads that are faster and have immersion rc transmitters with lots of range and reliability. My fat shark goggles are less clunky then this VR set up as well.
I have no comment on others inability to figure out a pretty simple quad with a nice little camera. I've let it update every time (you don't have a choice) and had no problems. I'm not interested in all the selfie BS and like how the controller made it a reliable close camera drone and figured I now own VR set up if I choose to enter that snake pit. VR and FPV are two very different things as there are no consequences to others in the VR space. If my video freezes on my phone when I'm holding it I can react accordingly as I'm still able to see the Breeze and it's position. If that happens in goggles you are blind and heading for a crash. It's a marketing ploy to compete with the competitors as any quad with a monitor is claimed to be FPV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't use the Goggles but the addition of the Controller makes for a really nice package. Personally, I could care less about FPV or VR with UAS', but I did catch a few DRL episodes on ESPN that were pretty cool to watch. FPV with WiFi in an open area CAN be done safely if one so desires with the Breeze. FAA does require a spotter. I also have a couple of 3DR Solo's I use with my GoPo, but I'm looking forward to throwing this little thing in my daypack for hiking, rock climbing. mountain biking or kayaking. It's perfect for me for those purposes + + + and the image quality is great.

As for FPV... If I want to fly FPV, I'll go fly a PiperSport, Bristell or a CSA SportCruiser LSA. :confused:

FPV.jpeg

Last edited:
hey everyone newbie here with some questions about my breeze hope someone can help
1. I generally use my tablet to fly the breeze because of its bigger screen and less interference as it is only wifi based no need to worry about calls or notifications to cause a problem i have only flown the breeze 5 to 10 times so far. Last night i took it out side and wanted to see how high it could go and it would only go 65-66 feet up i dont know why, i went into settings and maxed out the fence on all options and still nothing. my only guess is the wifi distance of the tablet? ill try my phone and see what happens.
2. i have the controller and when using it there is a bad lag in the video my guess is due to the connection between all the devices any thoughts?
3. if i am using my phone to fly can i turn on airplane mode to stop all connection except the breeze and controller?
thanks for any help i have crashed my breeze a few times already and luckily all is still well
ALSO, does anyone know what is up with yuneec support i called and they had a hour wait and nothing on the call back i am trying to register my breeze and cant i type in the serial number and all the infor and the page just keeps reloading and on their site it seems any and all pages with the breeze have an error even the page to buy the breeze

XGX13XGX: In response to your questions...
1. You may want to search this site for discussions surrounding what radio channels your Breeze is operating in. Apparently, there is a difference in the channel and band depending on if you are in the U.S. vs. Europe, for example. This could have an impact on the range of your Breeze. Also, I have noticed that sometimes I lose signal at a very short distance (30' Altitude, 70' Distance) in certain places but not in others. I believe this has to do with interference of some sort. If there are a lot of people where I am attempting to fly, chances are there are a lot of devices seeking signals. When I fly at an empty soccer field, I can go beyond the geofence limits when no one else is around.
2. I also have the controller. Again, lag seems to be a function of signal strength. I have noticed the video lag on my phone's display even when I don't use the controller.
3. If you intend to use the controller, you must enable bluetooth as well as wifi on your device. Airplane mode then will only turn off the GPS in your device. If you intend to use the Follow Me function, GPS must be enabled on your device. I don't use Airplane mode and I haven't had any problems controlling my Breeze other than losing wifi connection occasionally. The good news is that the Return to Home function has worked every time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy