Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broken arm clip

Reaction score
First flight did not end well. My battery indicated "low". So, I walked towards my spare battery (on a trailer near me). I was steering the drone towards the trailer; however, in order to maintain a minimum distance the drone collided with a swing set.

The damage was a few props and the clip that keeps the prop's arm locked into place. I pulled the clip out. The part that rests against the screw broke.

I will call Yuneec on Monday when they open to order a replacement clip. Is this the best route or is there a better "spare parts" vendor?

Thanks!

It's appropriate they call it "shrapnel" they usually come several to a package.
Be sure and find the piece that broke off.

Make sure the end of the locking hook is intact also.

Attachments

• IMG_1077-640.JPG
    IMG_1077-640.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DH8_3545-8x.JPG
    DH8_3545-8x.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 31
It's appropriate they call it "shrapnel" they usually come several to a package.
Be sure and find the piece that broke off.

Make sure the end of the locking hook is intact also.

Thank you! I will check the locking hook.

Thank you! I will check the locking hook.

Just checked the hook. It is intact.

I got a little alarmed earlier. I took all my props off to check the motor(s) rotation. Everything ran fine. I increased the throttle a bit and this alarm came in...

Warning!!!
Motor error! Enter Five-Rotor Mode!
Please land immediately.

I hit the shutdown button and powered the drone down. However, I think I read this alarm is not uncommon when you have the props (blades) off the rotors. Is this correct?

For the Typhoon H Arm Latch (Part # YUNTYH123SVC), you may want to check out the following website
www.vertigodrones.com

The part was only $2.99 each and shipping was $5.

Yuneec charged only $1.99 each; however, shipping was $8 to $10. Very helpful staff with Yuneec (once you past the long wait time on "hold"), but their customer service staff was super friendly.

Good options out there for spare parts.

I use them alot! They most always have stock when others are out. They are quick to get the package on the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig