Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera wires broke off circuit board

And, thanks to talking to Axel P. in Cali, problem fixed. Yuneec has great techs and customer service.

I just had the exact same problem!! What did you end up doing for yours? It would be great to know! Thanks!

hi,
i have the same problem.
It is possible to buy this plte alone ? I have research but I found nothing.

I just had the exact same problem!! What did you end up doing for yours? It would be great to know! Thanks!

I just removed the cable and circuit board. Just using the plug that comes off the camera itself. Works on both the aircraft and handheld steady grip.

Hi all,

I'm new here and the forum seems nice!

PANIC, lost the cable between the Q500 and the GB203 gimbal and would like to ask if somebody could measure this and make a pin-layout for me, should be the same cable on the GoPro and 4K models.

HRzJ6o

I need to re-create it, and I don't have time to order it for today. I need to film a gig.

Laxen

Hi,

Got it all working, will update you all later today, now off to the gig..

I was at Drones Plus in Phoenix, and they had a Q500 in for the "ripped out" wires. They didn't know how to fix it.

Upon close inspection, I found that the three solder pads on the circuit board were clearly marked "PWM" "GND" and "VCC".

Just resolder the wire to the appropriate pads. Install an additional section of wire if the wires are not long enough, using heat shrink to insulate the soldered joint.

You can use the cable that came with the Q500 in lieu of the surface contacts, and not need to do the repair.

RodeoGeorge
My 3 wires came off the top mounting plate to the board anyone know where they go. I have gotten her back from Yuneec repair and went for my 2nd flight... as I went to take off she flipped backwards and the gimbal separated from the mounting plate.

I posted about hopefully preventing this king of thing happening by using Spider Wire to hold the camera in place just in case the rubber dampners came loss on hard landing etc.. Poor design when you think of it unless they want to make money off our mistakes. IMO a simple grommet through the center of the rubber dampner would of prevented most of these type of issues o_O.
I guess being in my mid fifties with what once was a productive mind:confused:, does serve a purpose every now and then :rolleyes:.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but was wondering what the PWM connection is? I'm assuming its yaw and tilt control?

You all are great. I just bought a wrecked Q500 with a good camera but the same broken wires, so now I can fix it. I found that if you remove the board from the mount that has the tabs on it they are marked as to which one is which. I have never soldered a pcb so can anyone what heat setting to use on the soldering iron?

Use a pencil style soldering iron.
Heat it up just enough to melt your solder on the roll.
If that setting is not hot enough to free the wires on the board, add a little more heat until it does.
Take your time and be patient. You'll do fine.
Good luck,
Jafo

Thanks Jafo, I'll try it tonight.
Also, in reference to the Q500s with the tabs on the body and without the tabs. I have two Typhoon Gs as well as the Q500 I just bought (smoking deal). All of mine have the tabs so what it looks like to me is once Yuneec discontinued the G and used up existing stock they quit putting the tabs on to save production cost. If you have a early Q500 it has the tabs, if it is later production it doesn't have them. I have no solid evidence to that, just my old man wisdom!
Fly safe and have a blessed day!!!

I have almost the exact same situation you had with yours. My buddy and I tried to solder everything back together, but the PWM wire pulled everything off the board and there was little to solder to.
You said something about a pin on the back of the board or something...is there anyway you can point us to the place on the board to solder the PWM wire to?

Is there a schematic for the boards anywhere that I can download?

TIA

TW

Last edited:
After re-reading your post Sticks, I went back and took the camera off the drone and, sure enough, there are no corresponding contacts to the camera on the drone body. I can only assume that the contacts of the camera mount are for another Yuneec model. As it turns out, the pigtail is the ONLY contact with the power supply/tilt/etc. I have the new 4k model and instead of a redundancy, the contacts other than the pigtail have no function whatsoever....no matching contacts on the drone body or steadicam handle. Guess I'll buy an extra pigtail for the possible eventual need after the next epic crash....again, thank you for your reply.

What is this for and how is it supposed to be used?

TIA

TW

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
WOW, that is cheap for the repair. I fixed mine last night. I soldered all 3 wires back onto the cameras circuit board. I was going to rewire the whole harness and make it break away contacts to prevent this from repeating should I experience another "unfortunate event". It was late and I was tired so I took the lazy way out and just re-soldered them.
I did take the PWM lead and solder it to the back of the far right contact looking at the jack from the back. rather than the board because that would have required my rebuilding the ripped off trace that goes from the surface mount component over to the PWM pad.
I need to have some clarification. Where exactly did you solder the PWM lead. If the board is still mounted, then is the location on the underside of the board? In other words, I would have to unmount the board to solder it to the location you did...Right?

If so, is there anyway to post a picture of where you soldered it? That would be awesome if you could!

TIA

TW

Last edited:
Dear Ol' Dad did this number on his Q500 4K this past week while he was out of town. He says the screen said No Connection, and the drone came home. On the way back, it clipped a power line and sheared off the gimbal, ripping out these 3 wires and the PWM pad. He got back today and we tried to fix it, but it doesn't look like we can replace the pad.

I'll try the umbilical tomorrow. If it works, I'll just electrical tape the exposed contacts to prevent shorting and catching fire.

Willie:
There are two halves of the gimbal. The Top plate and the bottom plate. The rubber bumpers suspend the bottom plate with the camera from the top plate which connects to the body of the drone.

On the top (drone side) of this top plate you should see 3 small brass/gold contacts. These make contact with identical contacts on the underside of the drone body, which you may find covered with a small rubber strip.

The contacts on the top plate are on a small circuit board that is under a small plastic cover held on by 3 small chrome screws on the underside of the top plate. Remove this cover and the board is there. Each contact on this board is marked for their corresponding solder point on the board in the bottom plate of the gimbal.

This is a double-sided board, apparently, and I don't know if those 3 copper pads on the underside of the board actually connect to the same locations on the top of the board where the wires go.
I'll stick a meter on it in the morning and see what's what anyway.

B&H Photo shows they have this board in stock for $45 USD.
YUNEEC Main Board for CGO3 Camera YUNCGO3105SVC B&H Photo Video

Not sure if this works with only the 3 or is also good for the 3+, though.
But what's this about calibration? Anyone know for a fact? If we unplug all the connectors from the board will it lose calibration? We haven't gone that far yet. Almost, but not quite.

What is this for and how is it supposed to be used?

TIA

TW

That's the redundant umbilical that connects the camera to the body of the Q500. It does the same thing as the contact plate in the top of the gimbal.

Although I'm wondering if it's also helping with signal transfer between the drone main control board and the camera. More pipes is the same as a larger pipe.

Thanks, a friend and I figured it out and he was successful in bypassing the pad and soldering the PWM to the distributor** (**for lack of a better word)

OMG I just had this happen today. Thankfully I'm not alone. Great to see this thread.

Thank you OP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital