Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

to my dismay few of my questions just been answered by yuneec uk site. crud the controller is not identical entirely there is no manual flight mode switch to shut off gps not good in my opinion a step backwards. also the return to home is back to 8m from the controller location aka a ring of inner side of 16m diameter is a no landing zone only lands outside of 8m radius. another step backwards. also meaning it not using the same gps chip the h520 using real big step backwards in accuracy. calibrations are going to be real fun with this unit.

Hi,
Actually, it seems to be delivered with an ST16 (not the ST16S for the H520) and will seem to have similar flight modes characteristics to the H480, unlike those of the H520 more pro-oriented, industry inspections and much more expensive (US $ 1000.00 in my previous comparison between the two equipped with similar E90 and C23 cameras).

For Log files, it will use, very likely, the TLog because the platform is the same: PX4.
So, the question: If it uses a PX4 platform for the Hplus and it has all the functions of flights, why on the same platform PX4 of the H520, they are absent?

For Log files, it will use, very likely, the TLog because the platform is the same: PX4.
So, the question: If it uses a PX4 platform for the Hplus and it has all the functions of flights, why on the same platform PX4 of the H520, they are absent?

That's an interesting question ;-) Maybe it is bridged at the software level to match this price range ?
We have to wait to know more to confirm ...

agree some of those functions not all (aka 8 meter landing zone) need to be added to the h520 unless data pilot is not able be programed with them. That would require another flight controller software that can use the functions be installed but not interfere with the data pilot software currently on the h520.

my hunch is the price for the h480 plus is copter only no camera so 1799 plus camera cost say it e90 running 1200 makes it around 3000 machine.
While prices can change before they appear on the shelves, the new Plus model is clearly described by Yuneec as being equipped with the 20MP camera. And in their official press release, Yuneec say that "the Typhoon H Plus will retail at $1799.99". There is no mention anywhere of a bare-bones rig without a camera.

That said, the Yuneec press release also states that this model "comes equipped with Intel® RealSense™ Technology"... I hope they haven't made a mistake.

Well, from what I have read here we do not know a thing.

Maybe sit on our hands for a forntight or so and let all specualtions die down until we know something by official channels.
I think that wil at least take until CES is over and the dust @the participants shops and offices has settled.

Another nice newbie @CES is the new Autel.
Mavic is going to get killed by this one, I guess.

agree some of those functions not all (aka 8 meter landing zone) need to be added to the h520 unless data pilot is not able be programed with them. That would require another flight controller software that can use the functions be installed but not interfere with the data pilot software currently on the h520.

The 8 meter landing zone feature forces you to be at least 8 m from the aircraft when you land it. Do you really think it needs to be implemented on the H520? Is it necessary to implement it in any drone? It's like saying... when you use a nail gun, don't put it on your chest and push the button. It is logical, as a pilot, to preserve safety, it is your responsibility to maintain your safety and that of others. There are situations in which due to lack of space you have less than 4 meters to land or take off the drone. You're finished with that function.

The 8 meter landing zone feature forces you to be at least 8 m from the aircraft when you land it.
AND quote terrence davidson.

Copy from the Yuneec UK website on hte Typhoon H+:

Return Home
Simply switch to Home Mode and the Typhoon H Plus will return and land within 8 m of you.

;)

Yuneec UK just quoted me UK£1350 for the new Plus (w/o RealSense - they don't have a price yet for the RS model).

They said the price was subject to change and that availability would be late March/early April. They will contact me when they are able to take orders.

yes my friends, I know that in H480 this function is active and so you say in the H480 PLUS will also be so. I still say the same thing, I don't think it's a good function because of what I explained. I was responding to our friend terrence davidson about implementing that feature on the H520 and why I don't like it.

I think it's not trusting pilots. I think it's a false safety system so that the pilot doesn't make a mistake when you have to make sure that any pilot learns the basic procedures for handling a multirotor.

It's like learning to drive, we all think it's crazy to drive on a road when you've never used a car before. This is the same, the operation of any device requires a learning process. It makes sense to start with a small drone, learn and climb up. Unfortunately, the tendency is to.... "buy this drone for 1800€ that although you don't know how to pilot a drone, you won't have any problem because it lands at least 8 meters from you ". This is bad for those who do not know and bad for those who know why it limits them. Another thing is that you have an option configurable by the pilot that allows you to activate or deactivate it and that would be solved.

Implementing security systems is always good, but don't force you to use them.

Reactions: zandoli and PatR
WITHIN 8 meters.

Excuse me, you're right. What happens is that the problem was getting worse, i. e. within a radius of 8 meters we don't know where it lands? Must you have a minimum landing zone of 8 meters? Did I get that right?

If you pilot the thing you can see where it lands, because it will be within 8 mtrs from the controller.
During landing you can use the controller to not land it in the cow dung or other mishap.

You can always stop the auto-land and do the rest yourself.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
If you pilot the thing you can see where it lands, because it will be within 8 mtrs from the controller.
During landing you can use the controller to not land it in the cow dung or other mishap.

You can always stop the auto-land and do the rest yourself.

Understood, thank you. However, for many years the basic GPS used in cheap drones have been accurate enough to land within a radius of 2 meters at most. Maybe that's why I didn't understand o_O

I just watched a video of a guy who turned his back while his H (might have been 520) came home on auto, saying to the camera that he didn't need to watch as it would land on his 3ft landing pad. And so it did.

I wonder how they made it 40% quieter? New motors / props? It seems most of the noise comes from the props cutting the air. Wonder if we can upgrade the software and firmware in our H's to the Plus. I don't really care about the camera upgrades but the software and firmware upgrades would be nice.
I may be wrong but I read that as 40% quieter than the model it's replacing - not 40% quieter than the 520.

Anyway, apparently anyone can make their craft quieter in a couple of seconds, according to Simon Thomas (I don't understand a word he says, but I didn't need to):

Reactions: The Boathouse
I was checking out clips from the similarly specified H520 camera and came across this claimed movie footage from JCD Photography which I thought was a) impressive and b) hilarious - check out the false abs implant!

The 8 meter landing zone feature forces you to be at least 8 m from the aircraft when you land it. Do you really think it needs to be implemented on the H520? Is it necessary to implement it in any drone? It's like saying... when you use a nail gun, don't put it on your chest and push the button. It is logical, as a pilot, to preserve safety, it is your responsibility to maintain your safety and that of others. There are situations in which due to lack of space you have less than 4 meters to land or take off the drone. You're finished with that function.

The landing zone "feature" (dynamic RTL) is about the dumbest thing still left on the H. I've contacted Yuneec and complained about it to no avail. I use RTL because I'm lazy, then manually land where I want. My memory is not so great, but when once land mode is implemented, isn't it possible to maneuver the H inside the "zone" and touch down?

$1800 seems like a fair starting price for the H Plus if it comes with a good camera. Does it also come with RS? However, although it is a hexa with 360 deg camera which has distinct advantages over a quad such as a P4, it still lacks mission capability. That may be a deal breaker for me unfortunately. Then again, maybe not if Tuna & co. can create some nice apps. The problem I have is mandatory RTL if radio contact is lost.

Going back to DIY Arducopter is looking better once I figure out a camera/gimbal combination. People would laugh if they knew what frame I'm considering :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig