Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET - Image editing

I have been viewing my flights using VLC. I have found that anything higher than 100ft is more than the ET can handle. That pertains to solar panels in my case. I have gotten Tuna's uav toolbox, and when I learn how to use I will post some images.

Reactions: pctyphoon
If you have a CGO-ET, I need your help!

There have been a few comments about getting information out of the files the CGO-ET generates. So, I've written a tool that allows you to analyse and edit themal images after you've flown.

Here's an example:

thermal.jpg

You can view this project online here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

When you create a project, you can change the palette, opacity, positioning and high and low temperature points in the editor and create a new image with the results. The tool also reports the temperature at the center point and estimates the temperature range.

Here's where you can help: The temperature estimation is based on a few tests with a single camera, so it may not be very accurate (though the center point should be correct if you calibrated your camera correctly). The more files I can analyse, the better I can figure out how the sensor behaves.

So if you have a CGO-ET camera, please consider uploading some of your images so I can get more calibration information. The more variety the better, and please report any odd results that you get.

The tool is quite experimental for the moment, so I can't give any guarantees. Uploading takes a bit of time - you need to choose a .tif thermal image from the SD-Card in the CGO-ET and the corresponding Jpeg (which needs to be 1920x1080 - not sure if that's the default??). I'm afraid you need a UAV Toolbox registration to upload, to prevent people abusing the server. Projects created with this tool are private unless you tick the 'Anyone can view' checkbox in the editor.

Click on the web link above to get started.

Any questions - feel free to ask.
I am trying to get files to you, but all I see is MP4 files. Do I need to change a setting on my camera. My pics are .jpg also.?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers