Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Convert Typhoon H to PixHawk 6C Flight Controller

Reaction score
Is it possible to convert the Typhoon H to use the HolyBro PixHawk 6C Flight Controller? If so, has anyone attempted such a feat?

Last edited:
My initial thoughts are to completely remove the electronics and leave just the motors. So I'm thinking that I will need at a minimum for autonomus flight.

1) PixMark 6C flight controller with GPS module
2) PM07 Power Module
3) PWM I/O module (two)
4) Lidar module
5) I2C splitter
6) cables

Eventually, add

1) Camera
2) Receiver
3) Remote ID

It's probably overkill...

I don't know if it is possible to add SR24 receiver to PX4 FW by settings. PX4 autopilot software has a subsystem for SR24. If so, you could reuse ST16.
In any case you will lose the ability to pan the camera.
To use another flight controller is of course possible if you replace ESCs and sensors. It gives you a lot of freedom.

I don't know if it is possible to add SR24 receiver to PX4 FW by settings. PX4 autopilot software has a subsystem for SR24. If so, you could reuse ST16.
To use another flight controller is of course possible if you replace ESCs and sensors. It gives you a lot of freedom.
Thanks for info... Right now it is still in the idea phase... The other option would be attempt to install the thunderbird firmware...

• Sad
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Is it possible to convert the Typhoon H to use the HolyBro PixHawk 6C Flight Controller? If so, has anyone attempted such a feat?
Your better off just repairing it, and keeping it Stock, rather than trying to Stuff 6-ESC's & Flight Controller under the Hood, that won't operate the Retract Modules, Sonar Modules, GPS Module, Navigation Lights, Status LED, Realsense, etc. The ST16 won't be compatible, and the Camera won't have Pan or Tilt... Other than that it should work fine...;)

I'm all in to help, I have several home builts and the parts are much better than having a mainboard with all the electronics installed. There are some very small escs, mostly 4in1 but there are so many advances today, I would use canbus on everything, holydro have good canbus escs, I think I will join along if you get started, except I would build on the H+ platform, that might eliminate you and your project. The platform is so good, the corp attitude straight stinks and downright screws you over, how anyone would purchase an 850 from them I just dont know. Terrible company and support

Your better off just repairing it, and keeping it Stock, rather than trying to Stuff 6-ESC's & Flight Controller under the Hood, that won't operate the Retract Modules, Sonar Modules, GPS Module, Navigation Lights, Status LED, Realsense, etc. The ST16 won't be compatible, and the Camera won't have Pan or Tilt... Other than that it should work fine...;)

Possibly, but what is the fun in that.

I'm all in to help, I have several home builts and the parts are much better than having a mainboard with all the electronics installed. There are some very small escs, mostly 4in1 but there are so many advances today, I would use canbus on everything, holydro have good canbus escs, I think I will join along if you get started, except I would build on the H+ platform, that might eliminate you and your project. The platform is so good, the corp attitude straight stinks and downright screws you over, how anyone would purchase an 850 from them I just dont know. Terrible company and support
Thanks for the info... I'll keep that in mind. I already have the H, which has gotten long in the tooth...

According to other another post on here the TH SR24 receiver is supposedly compatible with the PixMark FC. I wonder what else maybe compatible.

Hi I've striped out all the electrics apart from the motors fitted 4 Beatles 30 amp speed controllers and a mini pix FC kit from radio link. I've got it to fly but I can't get cgo3 4k camera to work yet. The biggest problem is ardupilot for is very complex for me

Hi I've striped out all the electrics apart from the motors fitted 4 Beatles 30 amp speed controllers and a mini pix FC kit from radio link. I've got it to fly but I can't get cgo3 4k camera to work yet. The biggest problem is ardupilot for is very complex for me
How did you connect the 4 ESC to the 6 motors?

Hi , the q500 I've has only got 4 motors,I'll take a photo and post it..it's all carbon and ally no body work. I'm all radiolink, radio, reciver fc board etc. I don't what a Sr 24 is ?

Hi , the q500 I've has only got 4 motors,I'll take a photo and post it..it's all carbon and ally no body work. I'm all radiolink, radio, reciver fc board etc. I don't what a Sr 24 is ?
Ahh... I was wondering... The TH has 6 motors... The SR24 is the receiver in the TH. Which receiver did you use, if any?

Ahh... I was wondering... The TH has 6 motors... The SR24 is the receiver in the TH. Which receiver did you use, if any?
Just for the sake of clarity the original receiver in the Q500 is also an SR24.

Reactions: 1midniterider

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook