Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

difference between Q500 4K models ?

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first ever post and my first ever forum visit. I know right.

I've just ordered a yuneec typhoon Q500 4K

The regular price at a major electrical retailer is 999 au, at another its 1499 reduced from 1900.

Ive looked around and the differences i can see is that the more expensive drones case is a trolley (i can live without that) the batteries are black (have you seen me with a marker pen)

so theres gotta be more to it. Theres no real indication anywhere online.

can anyone explain or post a link. I got no problems pay 500 more, I just need to know why ????

The Typhoon Q5004k Also know as the Typhoon 4k is the highest priced of the Typhoon G's you can get. The price you quote seems kinda of high even in AU dollars. Current prices in the US are way less.

My Q500 4K plus came with two batteries, handheld gimbal, ac/dc adapter, charger, ST10+ controller, sun shield, trolley case, car adapter for charger and controller adapter and charging cable. The Q itself has the new GUI connector and has the latest firmware updates in Q and controller already installed. mine is black with black batteries. Has like most an extra set of props and accessory box with lens filter, neck strap, GUI connector, extra balancing cable, motor tool for tightening props, extra gimbal cable, micro memory car and adapter, usb cable and probably some other stuff I forgot to list. Price was 799.00 US dollars. Charge batteries and fly right put of the box, no calibration needed, but i did it anyway after a few flights. Mine flew great and still does. No problems at all. My wizard wand controller was a little extra, I haven't used it or the hand held gimbal yet either.

thanks for that. both of these come with all that. except the cheaper one has a carry case and the more expensive has a trolley/carry case

the cheaper one equates to 756 US

i found contact details for yuneec australia. ill get in touch with them

when you open it new do you need to update software / firmware ?

I did not have to do ant updates or calibrations. After about 10 flights I did calibrate the compass just for the just to see how to do it, but it did not need it. The newer version has a sticker that says v1.07 on the bottom by serial number, thats the newest firmware and controller has v01630c under firmware in the settings. Just charge batteries and go fly, easiest thing to fly. If nervous like me, take off switch to smart mode and get use to how it responds and when ready to land I used return home switch ( make sure it is high enough to clear any obstacles) and it comes right back and lands. But I find it just as easy to fly and land in angle mode. Ive had mine under a month and go fly as often as weather permits and I am a newbie to drones but the Q500 makes it simple. I did watch a lot of videos and read a lot before until I flew it.
Have fun!

Congrats! You will not be disappointed. I've had mine for about 2 months, its so cool to look at you don't want to fly it! I've been flying drones for years. I also built my own DJI 450 With Naza V2 flight controller. This Drone is great, you have a Gimble on the controller on the left for the camera to face up or down, and on the right is turtle speed or rabbit speed. This is very important- When you take off the first time, make sure your Drone is in Angle Mode! I REPEAT make sure it is in Angle mode. Unless you have at least 20 feet clearance from you and the drone. First night I tried to fly this bird. I figured lets try in Smart mode, It flew away almost crashing into my neighbors window! Pheewww.... I also wouldn't worry too much about the case. I haven't really used mine. I just put the Drone in the Backseat and go the nearest filming/flying site. Its is great for storage though. I also wouldn't sweat the Updates, sometimes more than other times, they cause more issues. Take care and feel free to post any questions here, and we will do our best to help! Happy flying!

I finally got it. and its very impressive. I got the latest one with the trolley and black motors, batteries etc. So I guess the firmware is up to date. like you said samncali if its flying fine, updates can stuff things around.

I took it to my local park, and flew it around no problems. It was very easy and was just playing with the controls to work it out. it wasn't until I played the SD card on my tv (its a series 9 SUPER UHD Samsung) that I was blown away. WOW
The picture quality was amazing and even though i was spinning the drone around, stopping, starting, going up / down, it all looked flawless with the CGO3. Im actually excited to use the hand held unit. Is there any cheap and easy to use editing software?? something to use to add music and trim with.

how many real minutes to people get with it. filming etc?

can you fly it without the camera. ? will it last longer?

i got some of those cheap eBay prop protectors. any experiences with them? my ones snap on neatly.

cant wait to go out and film again.

thanks for people taking the time to respond.

I finally got it. and its very impressive. I got the latest one with the trolley and black motors, batteries etc. So I guess the firmware is up to date. like you said samncali if its flying fine, updates can stuff things around.

I took it to my local park, and flew it around no problems. It was very easy and was just playing with the controls to work it out. it wasn't until I played the SD card on my tv (its a series 9 SUPER UHD Samsung) that I was blown away. WOW
The picture quality was amazing and even though i was spinning the drone around, stopping, starting, going up / down, it all looked flawless with the CGO3. Im actually excited to use the hand held unit. Is there any cheap and easy to use editing software?? something to use to add music and trim with.

how many real minutes to people get with it. filming etc? 15-18 Min (Depending on how you are flying)

can you fly it without the camera. ? will it last longer? Yes, Thats where the steady cam comes in. Yes it will last longer, but not by much; at least you won't really notice the difference

i got some of those cheap eBay prop protectors. any experiences with them? my ones snap on neatly.
I would use them for now until you get the hang of things.

cant wait to go out and film again.

thanks for people taking the time to respond.

I'm glad you love it!! I'm using Movie Maker for now. I have a PC. Its super easy to use with a 1 hour learning curve. You can add music, And edit all the unwanted clips. To answer your question. The answer is listed by your question above. This is just my experience. I almost forgot, don't forget to put a micro SD card in your ST10+ under neath the battery. You can use a 2gb. Doesn't need much data. It houses all you telemetry, and really cool to look at.

Post if you have any other questions.

I'm glad you love it!! I'm using Movie Maker for now. I have a PC. Its super easy to use with a 1 hour learning curve. You can add music, And edit all the unwanted clips. To answer your question. The answer is listed by your question above. This is just my experience. I almost forgot, don't forget to put a micro SD card in your ST10+ under neath the battery. You can use a 2gb. Doesn't need much data. It houses all you telemetry, and really cool to look at.

Post if you have any other questions.

I use iMovie, it came with my new iMac 27" computer and is easy to use.
Also my q500 came with a SD card installed in the controller under the battery. I think it is a 4gb, but could be a 2, I didn't look at the size as much to check if one was there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy