Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

**Emergency** H motor failure

Reaction score
Out of town doing a $3,000 photo/video shoot. I flew for about 15 min on the first battery and everything was perfect. I was getting ready to shoot some time lapse so I brought it down and changed the battery. Powered everything down because I really baby this thing after I had a fly away in the 1st month. Had it for over a year now. Anyways new battery, cranked up, got to 3 ft and it made a little cracking noise. Brought it back down immediately, no errors. Maybe it was the intersection I was in? Nope, cranked up and motor error. As you can see, it's almost like it's not engaging into gear. Don't know if it has gears because I've never taken it apart and I'm a car guy, not an experienced drone tinkerer. I'm supposed to go back and shoot at daylight. Am I out of luck? Bad motor? Can the GUI tell me anything? Please please help.

You can not run the motors without props . you will hear noises and get motor faulure .
This is normal .

I did not run them without props. At all. When hooked up to the GUI, it specifically says to remove the props. I understand where you are coming from and I've seen it posted elsewhere. Props or no props, motor 2 will not spin.

My bird flies just fine with no problems. If I run the motors up using the GUI and throttle up it acts just like yours. Have you ever crashed it and broken props? If the motor was stalled and broke a prop the ESC might be damaged. Try spinning the motor by hand and see if it is rough or hard to turn.
If you are handy you can try to move the motor to another position and see if it works. If it does you just might have blown one ESC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirrrby
Out of town doing a $3,000 photo/video shoot. I flew for about 15 min on the first battery and everything was perfect. I was getting ready to shoot some time lapse so I brought it down and changed the battery. Powered everything down because I really baby this thing after I had a fly away in the 1st month. Had it for over a year now. Anyways new battery, cranked up, got to 3 ft and it made a little cracking noise. Brought it back down immediately, no errors. Maybe it was the intersection I was in? Nope, cranked up and motor error. As you can see, it's almost like it's not engaging into gear. Don't know if it has gears because I've never taken it apart and I'm a car guy, not an experienced drone tinkerer. I'm supposed to go back and shoot at daylight. Am I out of luck? Bad motor? Can the GUI tell me anything? Please please help.

You are absolutely correct, that motor has failed. It looks like the outside of the motor shell is no longer attached to the motor shaft. The motor is turning but not the prop mount. Is that what you are seeing as well?

And you are doing this test correctly. The GUI spins up each motor individually for testing.

You are absolutely correct, that motor has failed. It looks like the outside of the motor shell is no longer attached to the motor shaft. The motor is turning but not the prop mount. Is that what you are seeing as well?

And you are doing this test correctly. The GUI spins up each motor individually for testing.
You can choose one at a time or all at once. I viewed the video at full screen and it look like the armature is not turning. Screws Sheared off?

My bird flies just fine with no problems. If I run the motors up using the GUI and throttle up it acts just like yours. Have you ever crashed it and broken props? If the motor was stalled and broke a prop the ESC might be damaged. Try spinning the motor by hand and see if it is rough or hard to turn.
If you are handy you can try to move the motor to another position and see if it works. If it does you just might have blown one ESC.
The GUI should identify a bad ESC or Motor. I've seen "ESC Failure" when running motors individually. From what I see in the video, it sounds like the motor is running but the prop mount isn't turning.

You guys are awesome. I'm out of town so I have limited resources. The motor almost tries to turn, but it will not spin up. It feels exactly like the other motors, so I don't think there is any resistance or obstruction. I honestly feel like the motor is shot. When i had the fly away, I was under trees, so it shot straight up into the limbs when GPS was lost. Yuneec fixed it for me but it took 2 months. I make a living with this thing. Shooting a 25 million dollar property this weekend.... And it's tax free weekend with extra traffic... Oh boy... Yuneec did have to do some surgery on it, but its ran fine for 8 months. Guess I'm going to have to call customer service, wait for an hour on hold, then send it back and wait 2 months. Going to have to cancel 3 weddings and 4 commercial shoots. This is going to cost me 5k..... FML.

Reactions: CharlesC
Just saw some other responses. I wouldn't be surprised if a screw sheered off. I've been a millwright for 7 years and that seems feasible.

As a matter of fact, it even sounded that way. The crackling noise I heard. The motor is not seized but almost wants to engage.

Also I didn't see an option for one at a time in the gui. Like in the video, all I saw was all at once.

Remove the two screws holding the prop mount to the motor to get a better look at the shaft.
The video is kinda hard to see. I thought you were running the motors one at a time, so I could hear it running, but not see it moving.

Does the same thing. Crappy internet, so 20 minutes until my upload is complete. GUI doesn't tell me anything unless I'm missing a screen. I did the single motor and it almost spins a few revolutions, but a much deeper sound than the rest. I'll post the video as soon as it's uploaded. Thanks again guys. You're amazing.

I've taken the prop mount off. Should I test them again, or am I looking for something?

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin