Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Enough already...

Gill, I experienced a discouraging response & here is the image of the exchange. Those who question your point can be the judge.
So what's your problem? You can tape a cell to your forehead! Do they make a grease resistant duct tape? Do you then need to tape a mirror to your nose to view the cell on your forehead?;)

Reactions: Grumpy
Grumpy hit the nail on the head. When I joined this forum I also joined 2 others. What Gilly stated may be true but the extent on this forum is minimal at best compared to others. As with any forum, there is a degree of opinion whether it be right or wrong. It is what it is. I think hands down we have a superb wealth of knowledge here ... some very intelligent people when it comes to technical support. We are all learning no matter how many flights or videos are under our belts. No one is perfect
I don't like the fact that you've skipped over the fact that there is one of us that is perfect on this forum but I don't like to draw attention to my perfection. OK I do like to draw attention to the fact that I'm perfect!

Gill, I experienced a discouraging response & here is the image of the exchange. Those who question your point can be the judge.

I read those responses as "jovial banter" (care of DoomMeister). Thin skin and internet forums don't mix well.

Reactions: DCH and Steve Carr
Well folks, I read this entire thread with great interest. I am a novice hobbyist flier and because I am very busy remodeling my home, I don't fly as often as I would like but I read this forum as often as I can. What I have gleaned from it is a wealth of knowledge about the bird, accessories, methodology, and photo/video technique has been valuable to me. I think that was the intent of starting this forum in the first place. Yes there are some critical comments from some members but I see it the way my mommy taught me growing up: (1) "If you don't have something nice to say (constructive) than don't say anything at all" & (2) "Sticks & stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." I appreciate all the feedback, suggestions & knowledge base information then ignore what doesn't fit my needs. From what I have read, the moderators do a wonderful job of maintaining this forum and there are a lot of excellent contributors. Had I not joined this forum, I would have probably sold my H and given up on the hobby, so thank you all :). Finally, wishing you all a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!!

Personally, I will never understand someone being butthurt by an online interaction, with an individual whom they will in all likelyhood, never meet.
I do see others first offering at least an attempt at a helpful reply or suggestion regarding the poster's question or dilemma. If memory serves me right, even one of those crusty moderators, who shall remain unnamed (DM) has been known to offer answers that are easily found by a simple search, rather than lash out first.
I will always try to help someone when they show at least a little effort has been spent trying to find the answer they seek and for the poor sole who; seconds after joining, having never read even the first page of the topics in question, well
Thin skin and internet forums don't mix well.

Well I just read thru this post and found it entertaining , informative, and containing a lot of good thoughtful comments and philosophies. Seems like there are two under currents here closely related, so I'll throw in my 2 cents on each, making a grand total of a 4 cent contribution.

I lean toward the philosophy of treat others how you would have them treat you. Even thought it's tiring to answer the same question over and over and over, after you have cared for someone with Alzheimer's, you tend to view it a little differently. When someone asks (or posts) the same ol same ol, we have a choice of how to respond. We can either allow ourselves to become irritated and bark back a simple answer like "I just told you!" or "Go take a search!" while our blood pressure climbs. And if we're feeling particularly vindictive we might add "Don't you remember?" or "Did you bother to do a search?", adding a little guilt and insult to the injury, further alienating the individual. Or we can take a breath and pretend this is the first time we have heard the question and answer it with the respect it deserves, and feel good about our response. So for me it's a simple decision, do I want to feel irritated and pissed, or would I rather feel good because I helped someone out? No brainer.

True, thin skin has no place on the internet, but it has no place in life either. Thin skin is a self-inflected disorder and it is curable. There are no drugs needed, the cure is already pre-loaded into our firmware, just not initialized. I do not believe that anyone can hurt anyone's feelings, no more that anyone can hurt mine. This is not to say people can't be hurtful -happens every minute of the day, but whether or not I feel hurt about someone's hurtful comment or actions is a decision I make, albeit involuntary most of the time, it is a decision nonetheless, and we all have the ability to make it on the spur of the moment. I can choose to feel hurt and retaliate or flee (default programing), or I can choose to blow it off and ignore it, or I can choose to question the motivation for the derogatory comment or action, and start a dialog with the upset party. All this is to say, if everyone stopped for a second before acting out, we would not have, or need the PC movement. I believe people need to be responsible for their own feelings -as well as their actions, and not leave it to a "Movement" or "Policy" to protect us from "All those mean people", and retreat into "Safe Places".

Now I know I'll never convince the grumps and Trolls here to lighten up any (you know who you are!), you guys are still necessary to show the contrast of the eternal struggle between good and evil, and help us good guys appreciate just how sinister the Dark Side really is. So you guys just go on being who you are, and we'll keep pointing out to everybody just how mean and evil you all really are.

Hey @thoneter, screw you back you jerk! Oh, you wanna make somethin' out of it? Fine! I'll meet you in the parking lot after school and we can settle this the good ol fashioned way!! ...And that goes for any and all of you who don't like what I have to say about it!:mad:

Last edited:
Well I just read thru this post and found it entertaining , informative, and containing a lot of good thoughtful comments and philosophies. Seems like there are two under currents here closely related, so I'll throw in my 2 cents on each, making a grand total of a 4 cent contribution.

I lean toward the philosophy of treat others how you would have them treat you. Even thought it's tiring to answer the same question over and over and over, after you have cared for someone with Alzheimer's, you tend to view it a little differently. When someone asks (or posts) the same ol same ol, we have a choice of how to respond. We can either allow ourselves to become irritated and bark back a simple answer like "I just told you!" or "Go take a search!" while our blood pressure climbs. And if we're feeling particularly vindictive we might add "Don't you remember?" or "Did you bother to do a search?", adding a little guilt and insult to the injury, further alienating the individual. Or we can take a breath and pretend this is the first time we have heard the question and answer it with the respect it deserves, and feel good about our response. So for me it's a simple decision, do I want to feel irritated and pissed, or would I rather feel good because I helped someone out? No brainer.

True, thin skin has no place on the internet, but it has no place in life either. Thin skin is a self-inflected disorder and it is curable. There are no drugs needed, the cure is already pre-loaded into our firmware, just not initialized. I do not believe that anyone can hurt anyone's feelings, no more that anyone can hurt mine. This is not to say people can't be hurtful -happens every minute of the day, but whether or not I feel hurt about someone's hurtful comment or actions is a decision I make, albeit involuntary most of the time, it is a decision nonetheless, and we all have the ability to make it on the spur of the moment. I can choose to feel hurt and retaliate or flee (default programing), or I can choose to blow it off and ignore it, or I can choose to question the motivation for the derogatory comment or action, and start a dialog with the upset party. All this is to say, if everyone stopped for a second before acting out, we would not have, or need the PC movement. I believe people need to be responsible for their own feelings -as well as their actions, and not leave it to a "Movement" or "Policy" to protect us from "All those mean people", and retreat into "Safe Places".

Now I know I'll never convince the grumps and Trolls here to lighten up any (you know who you are!), you guys are still necessary to show the contrast of the eternal struggle between good and evil, and help us good guys appreciate just how sinister the Dark Side really is. So you guys just go on being who you are, and we'll keep pointing out to everybody just how mean and evil you all really are.

Hey @thoneter, screw you back you jerk! Oh, you wanna make somethin' out of it? Fine! I'll meet you in the parking lot after school and we can settle this the good ol fashioned way!! ...And that goes for any and all of you who don't like what I have to say about it!:mad:
You name the school parking lot, the time and keep looking I'm sure I'll show up. The old fashioned way; does that involve knitting? Reminds me of the John Candy movie Stripes "lighten up Francis!".

Good commentary DCH

Last edited:
There was a topic concerning "Range Test" for the H Plus that contained great information, but it went down hill, when bird cage ruined the conversation, then sadly it was taken down. The thread did not contributed a threat to the drone community, but serves as a great field information, I bet this thread will soon be taken down ST16 boosted Range Test

Which is kind of sad actually that a few of us cannot share our thoughts.. And that is up, moderators deleting threads? Censorship?

I think the problem some have with the types of threads you mention @record.play.rewind is that there is a sense that we as a community are falling under terrible scrutiny; in fact is is not just a feeling, it is real. I will admit; I find it reassuring to know what our aircraft are capable of, while at the same time, would like to think the less we show those who want to regulate us into extinction - the better. ;)

Oh, and @thoneter this is for you. . . . . . . :cool:

Francis.jpg

I think the problem some have with the types of threads you mention @record.play.rewind is that there is a sense that we as a community are falling under terrible scrutiny; in fact is is not just a feeling, it is real. I will admit; I find it reassuring to know what our aircraft are capable of, while at the same time, would like to think the less we show those who want to regulate us into extinction - the better. ;)

Oh, and @thoneter this is for you. . . . . . . :cool:

View attachment 13567
You've now entered into the PatR, Steve Carr, Doomeister, Eagle Eye etcetera category where you make great points but it goes against every grain of my existence to acknowledge that you make great points occasionally!

You've now entered into the PatR, Steve Carr, Doomeister, Eagle Eye etcetera category where you make great points but it goes against every grain of my existence to acknowledge that you make great points occasionally!

Tell me about it! ...Dåmn I HATE when that happens!

Occasionally? More like most of the time!:rolleyes:

Reactions: DCH and Ty Pilot
OK everyone back to their original programming! 1546894293107.png

Reactions: DCH
OK everyone back to their original programming!
1546894293107-png.13569
I think I see Schrodinger's Cat in there! But I'm afraid I'm going to need a little help on this one. Would you please put a "You Are Here" arrow on it and circle it for me?

Last edited:
I think I see Schrodinger's Cat in there! But I'm afraid I'm going to need a little help on this one. Would please put a "You Are Here" arrow on it and circle it for me?
That depends on whether or not your in future A or B

That depends on whether or not your in future A or B
Future? You got me all wrong! The future is ethereal, I live in the moment! Perhaps I should rephrase that request. Would you please put a "Now Is Here" Arrow on it. Sigh......... Never mind, it will the Past by the time I read it!:rolleyes:

"Now Is Here" Arrow on it. ****, I'm still looking for Waldo!

Reactions: DCH and thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi