Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Enough already...

I'm hoping that you, PatR and the other staff aren't butthurt by my comments.

Nothing butthurts me... that tramp stamp I had tatooed of the highway sign, "DO NOT ENTER", ensures that... ooooh was that TMI? :oops:

I always felt as though this is one of the nicest forums on the net.

Could you imagine this place, on Usenet... :eek:

I remember one of my first posts was to show how to go into the ST-16 and change the values in the flight mode switch so that Smart Mode was eliminated - it made it so that the top two positions were both Angle Mode. After posting I had at least one person tell me to prepare for a good thrashing, since some may have a problem with me doing so. They were right but hey - welcome to the club. Guess it was sort of an initiation of sorts.;)

Thank you sir may I have another:cool:

Reactions: DCH and thoneter
I'm hoping that you, PatR and the other staff aren't butthurt by my comments. For the most part I agree that being butthurt is typically emotional and less fact oriented. On the other hand having a newbie come on board and telling he/she/ze/zer (OK I'm getting tired of PC) that their an idiot and go research before posting is both a problem and a little overboard(speaking in general not to anyone specifically).

I'm saying that at times the spanking was a little bit harsh!

Regarding the newbie and the tendency to read something on the order of "use the search"...

I did notice the tendency to see such a response early on (two years ago already) and for the first year or so since I have been with this community. I have to admit, I often have the urge to respond with the same sentiment "Use the search already; this very issue was discussed just last week" or something like that. Hopefully I have sufficiently resisted that reaction.

Today? While I still see it, and will even include the suggestion in replies of my own, I do see others first offering at least an attempt at a helpful reply or suggestion regarding the poster's question or dilemma. If memory serves me right, even one of those crusty moderators, who shall remain unnamed (DM) has been known to offer answers that are easily found by a simple search, rather than lash out first. Others [ed: moderators, members] have also offered help, but we have to keep at least one of them on his toes as part of his "therapy".

What I do notice is a reduction of the "join today, ***** today, leave today" drive by posts that were more prevalent in the early days. Anyone else noticing? (Rhetorical... don't intend to have everyone reply. ;))

Hang in there @thoneter ... we'll survive another winter; the spring will bring forth more positives. Ok, maybe until that team that starts training camp in July gets back on our scopes.

Jeff

Last edited:
I'm hoping that you, PatR and the other staff aren't butthurt by my comments. For the most part I agree that being butthurt is typically emotional and less fact oriented. On the other hand having a newbie come on board and telling he/she/ze/zer (OK I'm getting tired of PC) that their an idiot and go research before posting is both a problem and a little overboard(speaking in general not to anyone specifically).

I'm saying that at times the spanking was a little bit harsh!

Well, I am butt-hurt, oh no, wait a minute. It's just my hemorrhoids acting up. :eek:

Like Jeff (my internet twin - we joined on the same day), I sometimes see a question that I know was just beat to death yesterday, the day before and the day before that and wonder - 'how did anyone miss that'? I will always try to help someone when they show at least a little effort has been spent trying to find the answer they seek and for the poor sole who; seconds after joining, having never read even the first page of the topics in question, well; I know one of the 'great white farts' that lurk in the deep will be around soon enough. Sometimes you just can't watch what happens next.o_O

Naaaa, its like a train wreck, you just gotta watch. ;):cool:

Like Jeff (my internet twin - we joined on the same day), I sometimes see a question that I know was just beat to death yesterday, the day before and the day before that and wonder - 'how did anyone miss that'? I will always try to help someone when they show at least a little effort has been spent trying to find the answer they seek and for the poor sole who; seconds after joining, having never read even the first page of the topics in question, well; I know one of the 'great white farts' that lurk in the deep will be around soon enough. Sometimes you just can't watch what happens next.o_O

Naaaa, its like a train wreck, you just gotta watch. ;):cool:

People are basically lazy. It's easier for them to ask a question than do a little research to find answers.

Reactions: DCH and Ty Pilot
On the other side
People are basically lazy. It's easier for them to ask a question than do a little research to find answers.
Agreed but sometimes it is hard to do the right search criteria or to locate the right tributary!

On the other side

Agreed but sometimes it is hard to do the right search criteria or to locate the right tributary!

I hear ya. These search engines are so finicky about what you type in when searching. If it's not exactly what is in the search data base you come up empty handed.

Reactions: Docdor and thoneter
I give you Exhibit A: In this thread of nine (9) pages, we have talked extensively about ND filters for the H Plus, please direct your attention to page Nine (9) :cool: I would also like to note the professional manner in which our esteemed moderator operates on an even keel and thus throws off his old fart image with reverence for the job.

Exhibit A

Reactions: thoneter
I give you Exhibit A: In this thread of nine (9) pages, we have talked extensively about ND filters for the H Plus, please direct your attention to page Nine (9) :cool: I would also like to note the professional manner in which our esteemed moderator operates on an even keel and thus throws off his old fart image with reverence for the job.

Exhibit A
I think its time to find out where @Eagle's Eye Video is employed and boycott them until he's fired!

Reactions: DCH and Grumpy

Exhibi

A
Hi all Members,
I have been involved with this forum a very short year or two and like all clubs ,forums or groups , we are all different.
I have been a member of Rotary in my community for 28 years and again we are all different, but we are there together for the same reason. Whether it is our hobby or skill base or to serve the Community ,we are there to put our thoughts forward and ideas for all concerned and you may not agree with all but your knowledge base has just expanded and hopefully you can accept these differences and move forward.
It would be much better if everyone was perfect like me , just ask my 3 exwives, this place would run a lot smoother. Lol.
It is a forum of great knowledge and you only need to find those bits of knowledge and use them to help yourself and others. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the Grass.

Exhibit A

Sounds like ramblings of a senile old fart. Remember the quote from Steve Carr, "Old age only happens once". :p

Reactions: thoneter
Okay so I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time now. I took a break for a couple months and just recently started creeping again. After a binge session last night of reading posts and comments I've come to the conclusion that nothing has changed. The amount of toxic people waiting for someone to post a cool video or topic that isn't 100% up to code or legal is mind blowing. For example this guy posted a sweet video that he was proud of and the only comments were guys who wanted to dissect every wrong thing he did. The comment section on these posts become a battle field of weirdos trying to out knowledge the other. First off guys it's super cringey and secondly it's upsetting. If someone posts a vid or topic and it's not up to code maybe just message them privately. Your going to make them not want to post again and this dying forum needs all the subs it can get. Don't get me wrong there are a ton of incredible information on this forum and very helpful stuff but the secret drone police needs to stop.

Gill, I experienced a discouraging response & here is the image of the exchange. Those who question your point can be the judge.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 34

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers