Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

firmware on my ST10+.

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Help' started by NICK WARD, Feb 2, 2016.

1. NICK WARD

Firstly I am sorry if this has been covered before but on searching forum, i cannot find answer. I have had a few attempts of updating my firmware on my ST10+ controller but the file is never visible to update. I have formatted card and loaded whole file but still nothing.
    Any idea what i'm doing wrong

Cheers
    Nick

2. Sticks

I don't know what steps you are following, but the update file can not be buried in another file on the SD card.

This is the video tutorial I used, worked for me.

"

R44Flyer likes this.
  3. Sticks

Skip the last step of removing the SD card, unless you want a blank one in there for your telemetry and FPV files.

4. billycastro

Just got Q500 4K. Looked in tx and sd card in on bottom. Am I good? Read a thread where someone was told to put one in. Thank you very much. Abc

5. Sticks

If there is one in the slot under the battery, you should be good to go.

6. billycastro

thank you

7. RAB

RAB

IMPORTANT & CRITICAL COMPONENT TO ST10+ FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS ... DO NOT use an SD card larger than 8GB.

After many - many hours spent reading forums, web browsing & watching countless videos on subject finally saw small blurb comment on this matter.

Since I use 64GB for camera recordings I have ample supply of blanks so naturally that's what I used for ST10 firmware updating. Again after too many to count attempts, the controller could never not locate any of the files in the micro card. Then after simply switching to a 2GB card for the same process the update SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED AFTER FIRST ATTEMPT.

This little tidbit needs to be included in Yuneec's instructions - updates should be painless and certainly not consume "days" to complete a 15-minute total system (quad, camera, controller) update process.

Good luck.

8. billycastro

Did mine today. Pulled sd card from under battery and loaded off yuneec. Updated st10+ and good to go. bc

9. Babarosa

I also did one today, I only had one TX file and not a RF one did I miss something