Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

I suppose it would be okay to update just my ST16 and not the H. My camera is back at Yuneec getting repaired but I'd like the upgrades for the transmitter.

It says to use the updated controller with updated H. I wouldn't press my luck just updating controller.
I suppose it would be okay to update just my ST16 and not the H. My camera is back at Yuneec getting repaired but I'd like the upgrades for the transmitter.

Updating just the ST16 and not the H went very well actually. I just flew two flawless batteries after the update and I have all of the changes to the radio, love the battery percentage and gps on and off on the fly. Had her up too 55 mph with about a 5 mph tail wind, about 50mph into the wind. I'll update the H when I get my camera back. Thanks Yuneec for a good update.

Reactions: Markinter
Updating just the ST16 and not the H went very well actually. I just flew two flawless batteries after the update and I have all of the changes to the radio, love the battery percentage and gps on and off on the fly. Had her up too 55 mph with about a 5 mph tail wind, about 50mph into the wind. I'll update the H when I get my camera back. Thanks Yuneec for a good update.
I probably had it backwards :) I'm going to test gps off tomorrow so my son inlaw will stop asking me to race his P4 in sport mode :)

After firmware updated, there is a CGO E camera, is this a new camera is coming out soon ?

After firmware updated, there is a CGO E camera, is this a new camera is coming out soon ?
Yes it is an infared thermal camera

Reactions: OzCougar
Are you guys updating the ST16 with the card in the camera or in the controller? I have tried both ways with no success.
Hi there, i had the same problem, card in the st16 kept saying cant find firmware....change the sd card and try again...hey presto !!

Upgrading ST16

5 tries! And still --I get "Upgrade Package Not Find!" (LOL Bad English)

What am I doing wrong? Nothing is on the card except st16_system_v03.01.b22

I put new firmware on SD card in controller slot. I turn on ST16 only. I select System Settings/About Controller and Update.

"Upgrade Package Not Find!"

Using the same card the Typhoon H appeared to update just fine.

This happened to me when i formatted the card in my Mac and the following worked... format the sd card in the ST16 using filemanager app in the Android tablet mode. Then remove the sd card and put it back in your pc / mac. Copy the file over to the base card... dont put the file in to any folders. Remove card and place it in the controller / camera and try again...

Of course I am giving you advice here but there is a bug in mine as the controller now won't find my H and doesn't work even though it said both updates were successful...

What battery % ? did I miss it
Should i make new compass calibration after update?
I recommend and did one, especially after a full upgrade to ST16 and H which involved having to rebind both again !;)

Well that did NOT go well.
Updated ST-16 no problems.
Updated H and it hung, shows it updated the gimbal and the camera.
Autopilot reads version N/A.
H will not boot up now. (&(^$&%@#(*@(#&(*(#
Eric,
The H will not even power up now.
So I can not hook it to the GUI.
I tried all the tricks I can think of.
I hope it has some back door method of getting to the boot loader.
Funny the camera powers up but not the H.
me too , **** I updated totally no control can not start the motor, when start can not stop

Last edited:
Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Yuneec please for the love of the Typhoon H release a laymans' instructions to update these birds! I can only ROFL :D so hard before it starts to become sad . . . :oops:o_O:mad::confused::(

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I updated my firmware (the European version) and now the ST16 can't find the H. I can go in to system.settings fine and click about and it tells me both are running the latest versions but nothing. Motors won't fire up and no camera. It says the camera is bound but no image...

Oh well, it looks like my H will be taking yet another trip back to Yuneec Uk on the back of a UPS truck! This will be it's third trip back. In their defence, they are extremely efficient and helpful.

Other issues that Ive had is it crashing twice at low speeds, it sometimes thinks it is 130 feet in the air instesd of probably 25 feet high, buggy software that gets confused between s an a modes, batteries sonetimes only charging a little bit.... but despite all of this I still like it for some reason!!
I had that same problem. UNTIL. I read this from Drone Clone:
BINDING THE TYPHOON H STEP 1) Switch on the aircraft and wait till all the initialization completes. STEP 2) Lean the TYPHOON H in the forward direction twice (45°) until the Main LED indicator blinks orange rapidly. STEP 3) Tap the 'Refresh' button on the screen. STEP 4) Select the 'SR24_XXXXX' receiver listed in the column under 'Model', and CGO 3P_XXXXX WiFi listed in the column under 'camera' on the ST16 Ground Station. Then enter the password '1234567890' to connect the WiFi, and then tap 'OK' after the connection has been established. STEP 5) Tap the 'Back' button to return to the main screen and you will hear two long beeps. The flight data will show on the screen.

Worked for me. It might work for you.

I did follow all what above said, still can not
watch

Reactions: Eightfooticeman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare