Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware v3.04 reviews

Reaction score
I would like to get some feedback or reviews on the current firmware release v3.04 from people who have installed it in their H's and have logged several flights with it. The last time I ungraded my firmware, which was over a year ago. I had all sorts of unstable flight issues, compass and GPS signal issues and flipping over after landing issues. I sent it to Yuneec to be checked and tested. After a got it back it flew and has been flying perfect ever since. I have been hesitant about upgrading to this latest firmware because of my past experiance That is why I would like feedback from people who have been using this firmware. Thanks.

Is there a specific feature that you want to upgrade for? My advice would be to stick on your current firmware if it's flying flawlessly and you're happy with it. General consensus however is that latest firmware is pretty good and fixes a few problems people have been having. As always, there are people that have had issues still however.

I've had no problems with v3.04.
I think some of the troubles people have after a firmware update are a result of the very specific steps required to get a satisfactory installation. If any of the steps are missed or a mistake is made along the way, the results can be unsatisfactory. Also, changes in firmware sometimes involve slight differences in performance or radio characteristics.
So far, I'm pleased with the changes/improvements in the firmware.

Me either, it's been working fine. In my opinion based on past observations back when the issues with firmware occurred it seemed to me that newer revisions of drone hardware seemed to work with the same firmware which was causing issues for others with first run drones. To me it wasn't so much a firmware issue as it was the newer firmware exposing inherent hardware issues/flaws which seemed to be ignored in older firmwares. I.e., compass/gps boards.

In my opinion based on past observations back when the issues with firmware occurred it seemed to me that newer revisions of drone hardware seemed to work with the same firmware which was causing issues for others with first run drones. To me it wasn't so much a firmware issue as it was the newer firmware exposing inherent hardware issues/flaws which seemed to be ignored in older firmwares. I.e., compass/gps boards.
I bought my TH back in May 2016 and have nearly 100 flights on it. I have not had any firmware update related issues (other than reluctant landing gear which was quickly resolved by repeatedly switching).

I think 3.04 is the most stable with regard to flight characteristics of the "H" that I've experienced. It has been rock solid for me.

I would like to get some feedback or reviews on the current firmware release v3.04 from people who have installed it in their H's and have logged several flights with it. The last time I ungraded my firmware, which was over a year ago. I had all sorts of unstable flight issues, compass and GPS signal issues and flipping over after landing issues. I sent it to Yuneec to be checked and tested. After a got it back it flew and has been flying perfect ever since. I have been hesitant about upgrading to this latest firmware because of my past experiance That is why I would like feedback from people who have been using this firmware. Thanks.
I have 12 flights on the update 3.04 and it is the best update so far,, improved landings in angle mode,, speed has returned and can go to 121 meters now,,thanks Yuneec

Ok great, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to install the updates.

One more thing about installing updates to the firmware. Be sure to power everything down after you finish the installation and re-calibrations. Often times something will not quite work right, such as the landing gear not retracting. I had this happen this week and after I landed and shut down, I restarted both the St16 and the H. After it took off, I hit the gear switch and it all worked fine again!
Good luck!

I downloaded the latest FW from yuneec on april 22, 2017
Packaged as 3.04 BUT loaded to the SST16 as 3.01 why is this so?
The TH flys superb!

Since mine is only 6 0r so weeks old. It works fine. I still need to play with the wizzard and follow me mode. Take off and landings are very good.

I downloaded the latest FW from yuneec on april 22, 2017
Packaged as 3.04 BUT loaded to the SST16 as 3.01 why is this so?
The TH flys superb!

If you have the new firmware installed correctly, it should show like this screenshot:

Note that there are two downloads, one for the ST16 & one for the Typhoon H. The Typhoon H file is named: TyphoonH-Ver3.04_A.bin and should be installed after the ST16 has been updated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-26-20-09-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-26-20-09-46.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 33
Mo: hey, thanks for taking the time to snoot the screen.
Notice how it does show v03.01 b30. That is exactly
what my screen shot shows also.
My question is why is the DL 3.04 bin file, but 3.01 on board?

Mo: hey, thanks for taking the time to snoot the screen.
Notice how it does show v03.01 b30. That is exactly
what my screen shot shows also.
My question is why is the DL 3.04 bin file, but 3.01 on board?

It is a bit confusing, but as I said before, the 3.04 Bin file is for the Typhoon H & Camera.

The ST16's file is: ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec and that's where it shows as version 3.01.b30

To really find out, I suggest calling Yuneec. I think it's merely a coincidence in the numbering.

Something to be aware of..... I had my flight assessment for UK CAA permission for work last week. One of the flight tests is to turn off the ST16 during flight. Not something you'd normally do, but in a transmitter failure scenario, the RTH fail safes are supposed to kick in. So, the aircraft started its return to home at 20m, undercarriage comes down but then just stayed in a hover and refused to land. Had this been a real transmitter failure then I would have been left waiting for the battery to run out. I switched the ST16 back on and landed manually.

I phoned Yuneec UK who are well aware of this and pin the blame on the current firmware put out by Yuneec in China.

So, everything else seems fine on the current firmware, but not this particular RTH fail safe.

Something to be aware of..... I had my flight assessment for UK CAA permission for work last week. One of the flight tests is to turn off the ST16 during flight. Not something you'd normally do, but in a transmitter failure scenario, the RTH fail safes are supposed to kick in. So, the aircraft started its return to home at 20m, undercarriage comes down but then just stayed in a hover and refused to land. Had this been a real transmitter failure then I would have been left waiting for the battery to run out. I switched the ST16 back on and landed manually.

I phoned Yuneec UK who are well aware of this and pin the blame on the current firmware put out by Yuneec in China.

So, everything else seems fine on the current firmware, but not this particular RTH fail safe.

Hi Matt,
My brother and I both run H's
He tested his by forcing it to stay in the air after battery warnings.

Here's the movie. The H lands at 3 minutes on the timeline so scroll to just before that if you don't want to watch the whole film.
As you can see you should be ok. It shouldn't fall out of the sky but just land.
So although a bit of a pain not too bad.
Jim

The H's lost comm protocol has always been to return to the last known position of the 16, drop gear, hover, and wait in hover until comm link is recovered, and to land upon low battery if link remains lost. This is not a firmware defect, but a lost comm design feature. That you regained control after turning the transmitter back on demonstrated that it functioned normally. A safer way to perform this test is to put the 16 in Pad mode, which terminates the telemetry/flight control link. To resume link just exit Pad mode to avoid booting up the 16 again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing