Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Center v1.9 - Tee to Green flyover

Reaction score
All,

First let me start off by saying, Flight Center v1.9 is the bomb! Well done @Tuna. Salivating for the next release. :D

Until then, I used v1.9 to program a golf course fly over mission. Flight time on the course is limited so it's taken some time between iterations, but here is where the flight path is so far.

Thoughts, suggestions for improvement (besides the obvious way-point pitch adjustment) are welcome. Specifically in the editing, color enhancement area. The goal is to make this as high production value as possible and use it as a sales sample.

Editing done in Premier CC 2017

Graphic overlays are also in progress. Using After Effects CC 2017

Settings were as follows:
3480 x 2160 F30
Image Format: Natural
AWB: Sunrise/Sunset locked
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/30
Lens: Polar Pro ND4

Flight Center v1.9 CCC file
QR_N13_FC3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwSU7h-wuqCOS1E1TjJzM3ZaTE0
N13_FC3 video

This morning happen to be a cloudy day. Probably should have NOT used the ND filter??

-ZenLife

Very impressive, I'd possibly suggest lowering the shutter speed a little, as the H moves the grass just blurs a bit with shutter speed of 30, try 24/25 and see if any different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive, I'd possibly suggest lowering the shutter speed a little, as the H moves the grass just blurs a bit with shutter speed of 30, try 24/25 and see if any different

The lowest my CGO3+ goes is 1/30. Does yours go lower?

I think he meant 24 fps and I agree.
I would judge this video to be way to long. I would speed it up in post to limit the view time to around 45 seconds after you remove the preflight setup hover and the fly around at the green. I've found the only person who enjoys a long slow flight is the pilot. Otherwise the layout for the flight path is perfect.

I think he meant 24 fps and I agree.
haha...ok I get it now.

Curious, if you can shoot at 30 fps, why would you not want to? I'm almost inclined to shoot at 60 fps so I can slow the footage down if desired without adverse affects. No?

I would judge this video to be way to long. I would speed it up in post to limit the view time to around 45 seconds after you remove the preflight setup hover and the fly around at the green. I've found the only person who enjoys a long slow flight is the pilot. Otherwise the layout for the flight path is perfect.
Totally agree. Remember this is flight path and camera orientation testing footage. The final will be sped up down the fair way and slow around the green with graphic overlays.

But thanks for the feedback. Really appreciated!!

Personally, I really don't get on with slow frame rates. Why would you make your beautiful smooth pans jerk and clunk from one frame to... the... next? 30fps minimum for me, and 60fps if possible. :) I appreciate some don't like it (preferring the 'film' feel of lower frame rates), but when your film is all about movement, it seems a pity to restrict yourself.

Only other thing to try, fly like your the ball.
Low on the tee, increase some altitude as you fly down the fairway, descend as you near the green.
Exactly the look I was going for, ball flight.

Waypoint 2, at the tee box, altitude is 21ft. Can't go any lower as this is an understandable safety/liability restriction of Flight Center.

Waypoint 3, down the fairway is 45 ft. Are you suggestion it be higher? so the lift down the fairway is more noticeable.

Waypoint 4: the turn and approach has been lifted to 115 ft.

next iteration, with some minor speed control and graphic overlays. Still not able to get the green approach and wrap around quite right.

CCC Mission file
QR_N13_FC5

Video:
N13_FC5 video

Suggestions for improvement welcome.

thanks,
-ZenLife

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
next iteration, with some minor speed control and graphic overlays. Still not able to get the green approach and wrap around quite right.

CCC Mission file
QR_N13_FC5

Video:
N13_FC5 video

Suggestions for improvement welcome.

thanks,
-ZenLife

For me, that last one has nailed it. Could be quite a good business!

For me, that last one has nailed it. Could be quite a good business!
My OCD to make it as pristine as possible kicked in (that and it is a marketing piece). Adjusted flight path and reflew this morning.

No ND filter today as it was cloudy and slightly rainy.

However, in my attempt to lighten up the fairway, the sky got over exposed. uugh. The flight path is better though. ;)

N13_FC8 (raw footage)

Reactions: Tuna

Actually you would raise the shutter speed to get less blur.

Reactions: zandoli
Ok wow after watching your video it is pretty good I think anyway. I'd suggest that you Increase your FPS to 120 (Sorry I'm not yet completely familiarized with the flight planning on Flight Center, is 60 FPS a restriction put on by Flight Center?) Cuz I know the H Has 120FPS That way you no longer need to even worry about what FPS your settings are at because you now have the option of using any of them from 120 & below. The one suggestion I'd have for you is about the same as what "BobW55" Said about fly as if your H was the ball, to add to that If possible I'd set it up so you start on the ground & then you Ascent Vs Throttle?speed Mix should be a little more throttle than Ascent, Just as if you were the ball flying off the T (Becuase when you golf for real you notice how the ball has a much faster horizontal speed than vertical speed). Then as for approaching each Green come in on it with about the same angle as you took of to mimic the real ball. Then I noticed how after you went through the course as you were hovering you spun around & I saw the golf cart with the players right there so depending on how many yards that hole is from T to green I'd once again mimic exactly as how your ball would fly & if it's not possible or rare to hit it onto the green from the T Then have your H do its slow sloping descent towards roughly where the ball may land & then a smooth slow ascent from that point to the green. I think you may like it a bit more if you were to at least slow down a bit when theoretically on the green so instead of having your video look like it only ascends & then descend a small bit while fly at the same forward speed no matter where you H is theoretically supposed to be (As it is mimicking the ball). One last suggestion that I'd only suggest to do is possibly do 2 different flight plans to see what one looks better, when I say that I only suggest that you do you normal flight plan route as you have now but differentiate the lateral movement a bit more then on a 2nd flight plan it'll be the same basic route except for instead of following the as the grass curves left make it fly straight over the pond as if you hit the ball from the T & trying to get a Hole In One. Oh almost forgot when you say you do a graphic overlay what are you meaning? Because I do not know what you are referring to as your graphic overlay is, so I'll still tell you my suggestion on a possible graphic overlay that would definitely be more intriguing if you not only mimic the flight of a real ball that is directly in front of the H as if it is chasing the ball, one very cool additional feature you could try to put into your video is each time you approach the green I noticed that known have flags in them right now but somehow digitally put a flag into each hole that has the name of you business &/or logo if you are doing this drone service as a business. Ok OK OK I swear this is the last thing if you are still bugged about the grass & leaves kind of blurring out then have you considered doing the camera "LENS" Mod? you can replace your stock lens with I believe a 3.85mm m12 16mp Lens that has the same Field of View but it improves the optical quality quite a bit, there is a thread somewhere around here that can link you to the youtube video of it and the lens mods is very inexpensive I beleive about $50. Thanks Tom C

This one is the best yet.
Thanks and I agree. I really like the golfers in the background. That was unplanned but I think now they may be included moving forward.

It would be perfect if the pits were kept in frame (from about 1:46). Maybe adding some backwards movement.
Great feedback Really appreciate it. Makes me ponder the aspect ratio you are viewing on. The intent is for a nice frame on all devices and resolutions. This is 3480 x 2160 due to this being the highest resolution the CGO3+ supports at 30 FPS.

Evidently, I need to start focusing on the safe margins. Thanks again for the feedback. I plan on adjusting the flight pattern and the pull back you mentioned as soon as Tuna releases the next version of the soon to be renamed Flight Center.
upload_2016-12-14_23-15-4.png

Ok wow after watching your video it is pretty good I think anyway. I'd suggest that you Increase your FPS to 120 (Sorry I'm not yet completely familiarized with the flight planning on Flight Center, is 60 FPS a restriction put on by Flight Center?) Cuz I know the H Has 120FPS That way you no longer need to even worry about what FPS your settings are at because you now have the option of using any of them from 120 & below. The one suggestion I'd have for you is about the same as what "BobW55" Said about fly as if your H was the ball, to add to that If possible I'd set it up so you start on the ground & then you Ascent Vs Throttle?speed Mix should be a little more throttle than Ascent, Just as if you were the ball flying off the T (Becuase when you golf for real you notice how the ball has a much faster horizontal speed than vertical speed). Then as for approaching each Green come in on it with about the same angle as you took of to mimic the real ball. Then I noticed how after you went through the course as you were hovering you spun around & I saw the golf cart with the players right there so depending on how many yards that hole is from T to green I'd once again mimic exactly as how your ball would fly & if it's not possible or rare to hit it onto the green from the T Then have your H do its slow sloping descent towards roughly where the ball may land & then a smooth slow ascent from that point to the green. I think you may like it a bit more if you were to at least slow down a bit when theoretically on the green so instead of having your video look like it only ascends & then descend a small bit while fly at the same forward speed no matter where you H is theoretically supposed to be (As it is mimicking the ball). One last suggestion that I'd only suggest to do is possibly do 2 different flight plans to see what one looks better, when I say that I only suggest that you do you normal flight plan route as you have now but differentiate the lateral movement a bit more then on a 2nd flight plan it'll be the same basic route except for instead of following the as the grass curves left make it fly straight over the pond as if you hit the ball from the T & trying to get a Hole In One. Oh almost forgot when you say you do a graphic overlay what are you meaning? Because I do not know what you are referring to as your graphic overlay is, so I'll still tell you my suggestion on a possible graphic overlay that would definitely be more intriguing if you not only mimic the flight of a real ball that is directly in front of the H as if it is chasing the ball, one very cool additional feature you could try to put into your video is each time you approach the green I noticed that known have flags in them right now but somehow digitally put a flag into each hole that has the name of you business &/or logo if you are doing this drone service as a business. Ok OK OK I swear this is the last thing if you are still bugged about the grass & leaves kind of blurring out then have you considered doing the camera "LENS" Mod? you can replace your stock lens with I believe a 3.85mm m12 16mp Lens that has the same Field of View but it improves the optical quality quite a bit, there is a thread somewhere around here that can link you to the youtube video of it and the lens mods is very inexpensive I beleive about $50. Thanks Tom C

Good stuff Tom!! A few more line breaks would be helpful to read, LoL! but great content.

I can't respond to all of it right now as it's been a long day, but here is a version with speed control and the graphics overlay for you to ponder.
QR 2016 1213 N13_FC12
The flight path and camera orientation will be adjusted as soon as the new Flight Center is released. My version 1.9 is currently flat lined. Next flight path will include an attempt to descend on to the fairway and then a lift to the green. The current 'approach to the green' not being aimed in the same direction as heading is driving me crazy as well.

-ZenLife

Good stuff Tom!! A few more line breaks would be helpful to read, LoL! but great content.

I can't respond to all of it right now as it's been a long day, but here is a version with speed control and the graphics overlay for you to ponder.
QR 2016 1213 N13_FC12
The flight path and camera orientation will be adjusted as soon as the new Flight Center is released. My version 1.9 is currently flat lined. Next flight path will include an attempt to descend on to the fairway and then a lift to the green. The current 'approach to the green' not being aimed in the same direction as heading is driving me crazy as well.

-ZenLife

Very nice! Looks just like what I see watching a tournament on TV. What would be a nice added feature is a graphic that shows the slope(s) on the green as you circle around it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal