Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying with batteriesm

Reaction score
I have 6 batteries and flying domestic. How can I fly with them? Thanks.
Can't get a straight answer from the airline or tsa.

Read this

The TSA Blog: Travel Tips Tuesday: Safely Packing Batteries for Your Trip

Do not completely discharge your batteries. It will ruin lipos. But it says in this article to have them at 30 % of total charge which i belive is storage charge.

Bill W.
Thanks, but I can't find anything on the number of LIPO batteries allowed.
Just this:
"Up to two larger lithium ion batteries (more than 8 grams, up to 25 grams of equivalent lithium content per battery) in their carry-on. This size covers larger extended-life laptop batteries. Most consumer lithium ion batteries are below this size."

Could be 2. And they have a maximum capacity rating for each. I would call tsa...maybe they can be more descriptive. If you need more batteries than that...you can ship ups to your destination

Bill W.

You would not want to drain the H batteries below 14.8v or they could be ruined. Several people have posted their experience with carrying batteries. They all say to use lipo bags of good quality and to declare the contents.

Also, most have contacted the airline they will be flying with to see what their policy is. The airline can have stricter policies than TSA.

Last edited:
Concur with Steve, do not discharge below 14.8v. They don't check voltage, only watt hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note there is no quantity limit if <100 W/H. That's for the U.S. though, foreign carriers may/can use a different standard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers