Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Forgort to end recording. Any way I can recover the video?

Reaction score
Was taking some beautiful videos over the ocean and beach yesterday and I forgot to end the recording. Now I have a 1.2G file that is not viewable. Any way I can recover said video?

On the DJI Phantom I have just started a new video and then stopped it and both files worked..
I have something on this saved and will look for it in a bit

Just put the card back into the CGO3 and start and stop another video. It should fix your last one.

This is correct, I forget to turn the video off a lot. Actually I think when the camera boots up it will close an open video file.

Are you viewing the saved video from the SD Card on the ST16? Because the ST16 saves the last (20?) videos taken automatically to the memory on the ST16 (not the SD Card) as a backup, at the 720p quality. Making sure you re not mistaking the ST16 internal to the SDcard. Hope your able to recover your files.

Are you viewing the saved video from the SD Card on the ST16? Because the ST16 saves the last (20?) videos taken automatically to the memory on the ST16 (not the SD Card) as a backup, at the 720p quality. Making sure you re not mistaking the ST16 internal to the SDcard. Hope your able to recover your files.

Ahh thanks Michael, you just set me straight. Yes I thought I was viewing them on the ST-16 from the SD card but indeed its the internal memory. So windows media player won't play it nor will
Adobe Premiere import in from my computer. I wonder if I could somehow transfer the file from the ST-16 to my computer, maybe via HDMI?

Ahh thanks Michael, you just set me straight. Yes I thought I was viewing them on the ST-16 from the SD card but indeed its the internal memory. So windows media player won't play it nor will
Adobe Premiere import in from my computer. I wonder if I could somehow transfer the file from the ST-16 to my computer, maybe via HDMI?
Yes you can
Very easy !
Plug your ST 16 into your computer via the USB cable that you use for charging..
Turn on the ST16
When the window comes up "Open divice to view files
navigate to the media folder
Computer\anzhen4_mrd7_w\Internal storage\flightmode\media_data
and copy the video files to you computer
PS anzhen4_mrd7 is MY devise name, yours is probably diffeerent

ATC...
Lets back up a bit....When you are trying to view the video, are you watching it from the SD Card or have you transfered it to your PC...
I would do the reset like noted in post #4
Then transfer the video files from the card to you PC

Check the file extension and make sure its a MP4 and not a MOVIE File
Then try to play the files in VLC and see if it plays
I know I had a DOS file to fix corupt video files but can not find it right now
I'll look later tonight
Still at Work

If you failed to stop the video before shutting down the H you have only a 50/50 chance of saving that video the next time you turn on the H. That's when you can try starting and stopping a new video and hope it will close out the previous one. Often that does not work and the high def video is corrupted and lost forever.

Videos that auto store to the ST-16 are not the same quality as those recorded to the SD card. As mentioned earlier, the ST-16 auto stores a finite number of videos and photos and over writes them as the permitted number is exceeded. ST-16 stored video is always rendered in 720p. It is not degraded, but the only quality level it records.

Sounds like your high def video is unrecoverable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy