Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

???FPVLR or ITELITE DBS???

I get the booster for the 2.4GHz telemetry link…But how will a power amp on the video side of the ST16 boost your video range? Aren't you receiving video? Shouldn't one be boosting the signal from the H itself? I realize there has to be a handshake between ground station and drone and thus a booster on both frequencies is a good idea. I see the Sunhans also is a receiver pre-amp. The output power of these boosters, 2000mw (2 watts) will probably never be fully powered at that wattage since the output of the ST16 isn't very high and in the lower range of the Sunhans needed drive for the amp. Yes, it will increase the power…But doubtful to 2 watts.

I'm interested to see how much better you do…. Often these booster increase noise in the signal and might cause other problems while gaining a stronger output signal.

Keep us posted.

Looks like Frank at Carolina Dronz is having difficulty in video quality when the Sunhans booster is attached. The Sunhans boosters work very well with the ST10 controller, as well as various controllers used for the Phantoms.

Hal, do you have any insight why the ST16 controller would have this issue? I find this very odd since the ST10 works fine, as well as the Phantoms. Why would the ST16 pose more of a challenge?

Thanks.

Broke my land distance record of 9000 feet today. FPVLR antennas of course.

Can you tell me at what altitude you were flying, and were you pointing the tips of the antennas in the direction
of the H. I have the same setup but looking for a suitable place to test the distance. Thanks

Were you able to record the flight home?

Yes I always keep the antennas pointed at the Typhoon, it is wi-fi so it works best with a clear connection. I did record the flight home. Just did not feel like taking the time to upload it to Youtube. I flew out higher the farther I got out or if I lost connection. I have the height limit set to 400 feet. The higher you go the better your connection, generally.

Hal, do you have any insight why the ST16 controller would have this issue? I find this very odd since the ST10 works fine, as well as the Phantoms. Why would the ST16 pose more of a challenge?

Thanks.

Nope... I have none.

I read more about these boosters and they nearly seem marketed mainly to the RC community. I suppose contacting Sunhans would be the next step. Apparently, there is only one "authorized" retailer for this item in the US...At least that's what they claimed on Amazon. Do a search for them if you wish and perhaps they can advise...Or Frank can contact his supplier and review.

I received my FPVLR order today and they look nice. I removed the little washers from the base connectors so the new antennas would screw down tightly. So far so good but I haven't really tested my H's distance limits yet. Today was only my second flight.

Yes I always keep the antennas pointed at the Typhoon, it is wi-fi so it works best with a clear connection. I did record the flight home. Just did not feel like taking the time to upload it to Youtube. I flew out higher the farther I got out or if I lost connection. I have the height limit set to 400 feet. The higher you go the better your connection, generally.
Thanks, I will give it a test this weekend, I guess I just want to know how far it will go, but I really want to make sure my video link stays
good within the relatively small area I will be filming at, mainly LOS. It will be nice to know what the parameter limits are on my Bird
just in case I need to venture out a little farther..

Nope... I have none.

I read more about these boosters and they nearly seem marketed mainly to the RC community. I suppose contacting Sunhans would be the next step. Apparently, there is only one "authorized" retailer for this item in the US...At least that's what they claimed on Amazon. Do a search for them if you wish and perhaps they can advise...Or Frank can contact his supplier and review.

I just heard from Frank. He find it that the Sunhans boosters are incompatible with the st16. Looks like I will be using the itelite antenna without boosters.

While it appears that FPVLR is closed for the next month as they are moving to a bigger location... They apparently are selling a booster kit for the ST16 that looks like it includes last year's model of the Sunhans preamps. They are silver in color as opposed to the gold.

Here's the video:

I had a problem with my FPVLR's but they were loose. Removed the lock washer on the ST-16 now they are tight and work great. The ones I received have shrink on them and are stiff. I suppose you could bend them but they aren't floppy.

Hello all. First time posting here and first time owning a drone. Hoping someone with an Itelite DBS can give me a straight answer and put my mind at ease.

Have had the H for a few weeks now and just received my Itelite DBS yesterday. Immediately noticed out of the box that there was a dent on the bottom center of the antenna (pictures attached). Immediately emailed customer service not knowing if this was damage or design.

Spoke to Itelite twice today and got two different answers. The first time Itelite called me this morning they told me that this was not the design and that they would send me a new one to replace it. Then a couple hours ago I received a call back from the same guy who told me that he looked at the ones in stock and also checked with his manager and they all had the same dent. He specified that this wouldn't interfere with the range of the antenna and offered to still send me a replacement if I wanted.

I highly doubt that the information i received on the second call would be untrue however don't want it to be in the back of my mind when i take it out for a fly. So the question is, anyone else have a dent on their Itelite DBS?

Itelite DBS Dent or Design.JPG

Hello all. First time posting here and first time owning a drone. Hoping someone with an Itelite DBS can give me a straight answer and put my mind at ease.

Have had the H for a few weeks now and just received my Itelite DBS yesterday. Immediately noticed out of the box that there was a dent on the bottom center of the antenna (pictures attached). Immediately emailed customer service not knowing if this was damage or design.

Spoke to Itelite twice today and got two different answers. The first time Itelite called me this morning they told me that this was not the design and that they would send me a new one to replace it. Then a couple hours ago I received a call back from the same guy who told me that he looked at the ones in stock and also checked with his manager and they all had the same dent. He specified that this wouldn't interfere with the range of the antenna and offered to still send me a replacement if I wanted.

I highly doubt that the information i received on the second call would be untrue however don't want it to be in the back of my mind when i take it out for a fly. So the question is, anyone else have a dent on their Itelite DBS?

View attachment 2293

Lol just checked mine that I've had since they were released. It has the same small dent. No worries, go enjoy your bird!

Lol just checked mine that I've had since they were released. It has the same small dent. No worries, go enjoy your bird!
Thanks that was what i needed to hear. Had it all hooked up and ready to go for a quick test run out to 2500 ft and lived to tell about. Happy and thanks for all the feedback!

I have DBS. It just looks more secure when mounted. I bought it after watching an 8000 and 9000 foot run. As far as directional goes, I'm always pointed in the direction my drone flies anyway. If I need omni directional then I'll just put the stock antennas on.

I have a Blade that I considered selling a while back. I now have a new appreciation for the bird after having Frank at Carolina Dronz do the Itelite upgrade. I just did my first real range test and I went 4900 feet without any hesitation or diminished control / video. I would not have believed it unless I just experienced it. Thanks Frank!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads