Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

geomagnetic interference

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
What is this as I get this alot flyin around my house, but I'm like at 200'+ and 300' out, everything works just get the warning ?

You can get the warning if the compass calibration is not correct or if there is any magnetic field from power lines or even large iron deposits. I get the warning frequently when I'm closer to the ground.

Reactions: John Hennessy
What is this as I get this alot flyin around my house, but I'm like at 200'+ and 300' out, everything works just get the warning ?
What @Steve Carr said above.
Either your compass calibration is off or something in the area you are flying is interfering with the calibration.

I can sometimes see a warning come on to the rear led light (just the odd flash) and this more often than not happens when I'm coming in to land, in other words, when the aircraft is fairly close to the ground. Indeed, I can see the warnings when I look at the telemetry in UAV Toolbox. In my opinion, any warnings that appear for less than a second can be fairly confidently ignored...only if those warnings persist over longer periods should be a concern warranting investigations.

Your house could be a source of your interference, of course, but also look around your area of operations since I believe that at 300' out the presence of your house shouldn't be having a significant impact...though if you took off from near to your house that could upset your compass. As @Steve Carr said. Power lines, iron deposits, but also underground services (cables or water pipes) could be a factor.

Go to another area and see if the problem persists.

Reactions: John Hennessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus