Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 now downgraded back to V1.1.11 from 1.2.0

If there is no fix or even information about a fix soon I am considering the same, it is a lot of money tied up in something I cannot use for jobs, I could take that money and spend it on far better things for my business that work.

Bear in mind Drone Deploy was designed around DJI system parameters. If it’s being used for non DJI systems we might expect degradation of the finished product.

If the camera can produce a crisp image and it contains coordinate data there isn't an issue if it's distorted... the orthorectification process literally distorts the photograph to achieve even scale throughout. That's my understanding, at least, and the rough idea behind orthophotos; the question is really whether the E90 can produce good photos while flying an automated grid. DroneDeploy, pix4d, MME, it shouldn't really matter so long as the data set you are inputting is high quality.

Let me know if I'm off base with that but that's what I understand. And I know it's a simplification of what's actually going on.

With which program have you processed the images?

I ask you because I have processed a few projects with Pix4D and E90 with an almost identical GSD and I see the images with more sharpness. I have looked at the car, at both images and compare it with what I have processed and see more sharpness and resolution in mine.
Arruntus,

Do you think you could show an example of a sharper orthomosaic that you've done so we can see what can be produced with the E90?

Arruntus,

Do you think you could show an example of a sharper orthomosaic that you've done so we can see what can be produced with the E90?

We published some examples in the following thread, no wonder you didn't see it. The title is not very descriptive but as here we sometimes go a little off the subject of the thread, even if it is related ;)

Pix4D Pricing Structures

Last edited:
We published some examples in this thread, no wonder you didn't see it. The title is not very descriptive but as here we sometimes go a little off the subject of the thread, even if it is related ;)

Pix4D Pricing Structures

For me the title says what the original post was about. Content says what it is on the tin. Downgraded and gave description of downgrade.

There is unofficial information that this long-awaited major update is undergoing the final touches, in an advanced Beta phase. The date? nobody wants to venture to give it but in principle soon.

For me the title says what the original post was about. Content says what it is on the tin. Downgraded and gave description of downgrade.

I am referring to the post that I have put to Panomatic and to the question that he asked me and I have answered that they don't stick in this thread. The rest is fine :)

P.D.: You made me change the other answer to make it clearer :p

I am referring to the post that I have put to Panomatic and to the question that he asked me and I have answered that they don't stick in this thread. The rest is fine :)

Got ya.

There is no date for V2 but I have seen an e-mail to someone that states it will be in line with the release of the H+
This is then a major link to the H+ firmware if this true and also a very long wait to fix what could be fixed in a matter of hours.
Yuneec simply don’t want to double work their workforce in this case.
Very wrong. They should be concentrating on fixing what has already been released not trying to release something else.
Angry does not even come close to my feelings

Got ya.

There is no date for V2 but I have seen an e-mail to someone that states it will be in line with the release of the H+
This is then a major link to the H+ firmware if this true and also a very long wait to fix what could be fixed in a matter of hours.
Very wrong. They should be concentrating on fixing what has already been released not trying to release something else.

I do not believe that to be the case for two main reasons.

Most of the functionalities will be the same in both drones and getting it out as soon as possible for the H520 will know that the H PLUS will arrive with few or no errors. I am referring to the functionalities they will have in common, not that the H PLUS will have the same features as the H520.

The mistake is already made in the H520, it would not be very smart to do the same to the owners of the H PLUS when the base can already have it in the H520. There is no point in thinking about making us wait 3 or 4 more months since there is still no official departure date for the H PLUS and June has already been mentioned.

It all depends on the level of development progress of DataPilot 2. If they are going to make a package of progress soon and then they are going to develop it further or they are going to take it all at once. I would have preferred it if they had taken out many more updates and increased gradually and we were seeing progress instead of this "deafening" silence :cool:

Got ya.

'This is then a major link to the H+ firmware if this true'

It's a suppostion, but I am hoping you're bloody right!

Where do you find the flight controller version 1.1.11? Is this available in the US? I swear I saw a link to it somewhere but now I can't find it.

I would have preferred it if they had taken out many more updates and increased gradually and we were seeing progress instead of this "deafening" silence :cool:
I have been considering a H520 as a replacement for my H for video and inspection work where I used the Peau lens with the CGO3+. The E90 and E50 seemed to fit the bill but this thread makes all too familiar reading and takes me back to the early days of the H where the silence from Yuneec was deafening.
I had said I wouldn't buy another Yuneec product but the 520 made me reconsider but I think I shall hold off awhile.

I have been considering a H520 as a replacement for my H for video and inspection work where I used the Peau lens with the CGO3+. The E90 and E50 seemed to fit the bill but this thread makes all too familiar reading and takes me back to the early days of the H where the silence from Yuneec was deafening.
I had said I wouldn't buy another Yuneec product but the 520 made me reconsider but I think I shall hold off awhile.

In spite of everything, I still think it can be a good drone. The problem is that it is not yet and we are suffering along the way. With any luck they give him a good push and things will change.

In spite of everything, I still think it can be a good drone. The problem is that it is not yet and we are suffering along the way. With any luck they give him a good push and things will change.
Your comment is almost identical to the hope and desperation there used to be in the H forums a year or so ago.
Depending on the cost of repair to my H I will or will not want to buy a 520 sooner or later. The crunch for me is image quality with the E50 or E90.
What are the current issues?

Your comment is almost identical to the hope and desperation there used to be in the H forums a year or so ago.
Depending on the cost of repair to my H I will or will not want to buy a 520 sooner or later. The crunch for me is image quality with the E50 or E90.
What are the current issues?

The list can be more or less long depending on what you are going to use the drone for.

Here is a list of the requests we have made to improve H520 performance in general. It is not the same to use it for photography as for photogrammetry or other purposes.

Suggestions for the new DataPilot 2

The list can be more or less long depending on what you are going to use the drone for.

Here is a list of the requests we have made to improve H520 performance in general. It is not the same to use it for photography as for photogrammetry or other purposes.

Suggestions for the new DataPilot 2
Thank you
From a photography/video/inspection pov how do you think the E50 and E90 stand on image quality?

Thank you
From a photography/video/inspection pov how do you think the E50 and E90 stand on image quality?

For inspection undoubtedly the E50 by objective type. I don't have it, but everything seems to be fine, I haven't read anything about it saying it lacks quality. Some fellows here have it, see if they can tell you more. Another thing is the gymbal that must be giving trouble.

The E90 has a lot of quality but we have the problem with lenses that trigger a distortion. Depends on what you're recording, and you won't even know it. The horizons come out a little curved and people are improving that glitch with post-production. In photogrammetry this also causes slight problems, nothing that a good photogrammetry program cannot solve.

For inspection undoubtedly the E50 by objective type. I don't have it, but everything seems to be fine, I haven't read anything about it saying it lacks quality. Some fellows here have it, see if they can tell you more. Another thing is the gymbal that must be giving trouble.

The E90 has a lot of quality but we have the problem with lenses that trigger a distortion. Depends on what you're recording, and you won't even know it. The horizons come out a little curved and people are improving that glitch with post-production. In photogrammetry this also causes slight problems, nothing that a good photogrammetry program cannot solve.

Arruntus, if I wanted to do all that post editing you suggest I would have bought a beebop.

Also in my opinion the E90 is now worse than ever, before the March 1st update it was acceptable but now, no way in my eyes. Hence I have gone back to datapilot app 1.2.5, E90 gimble 1.31, E90 camera 1.0.02 and flight controller 1.1.11
And thats all I have to say on the matter because i'm fed up (and also done) with whinging and moaning as it only makes your blood pressure go up. The software engineers clearly are not listening to the users so just give up and see what happens is my now new approach. I will just have to work with what I have got.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the video @Pegasus Drones
That looks pretty awful, unuseable in fact and far worse that the CGO3+ I have with the Peau 8.27mm lens fitted which was looking good before I crashed it.
Yuneec have quoted for repair to the drone but the Camera they say is beyond repair, or maybe they won't touch it as it has an aftermarket lens fitted.
I am now looking for a used CGO3+

Anyway if your video is anything to go by I shall refrain from buying a H520

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge