Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hitchy video from my H

Reaction score
I seem to be getting hitchy movement in the video where there is fast movement (like from the wake of a boat for example)...I'm new to the video world, so I'm wondering is it my card? Is the video not writing to the card fast enough?? It seems to be when I'm shooting at higher resolutions...Maybe I just need to test more.... I'm using iMovie to edit my video, so could it be that? would it be better with something like PremierPro or Final Cut Pro? Any advice is helpful.

Thanks

What settings are you using to capture your video?

iMovie has worked for me with no issues. I've since moved up to Final Cut Pro X but iMovie should meet your needs for a while.

I'm not sure... (I know...lame) I keep switching it around trying new settings, but I'm not keeping track. I'll start. I believe this last one was 2540 x 1440 at 30fps... Is there a way I can tell? maybe the properties of the video?

I'm not sure... (I know...lame) I keep switching it around trying new settings, but I'm not keeping track. I'll start. I believe this last one was 2540 x 1440 at 30fps... Is there a way I can tell? maybe the properties of the video?
Correct. Right click the video and select properties.

What are the specs of the microSD you are using... class? write speed?

Open the video in Quicktime player and from the top menu bar choose Window>Show Movie Inspector.

Are you panning when the glitches occur or is the gimbal static?

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
You really want to be using a U3 SD card for video

81hQIGdl77L._SX679_.jpg

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Ideally you want to have a U3 card that has a listed max write speed of 80 MB p/s or better... remember the ads scream about read speed, (which for the purposes of our cameras is irrelevant)... look for the write speed in the specs.

At that speed you should be able to record smoothly at 4K.

Wonder if you tried a u3 card. They are really cheap. Just bought a couple 32Gb ones. Bestbuy had a sandisk for $20 but Amazon has a 32Gb Samsung for around $6 and a 64 for $12 right now. I know because I just got 3 32 and 1 64 today and the sale is still there.
I think U1 is borderline 4k but U3 is supposed to have no problem with it. Cant hurt to try a faster card...

Last edited:
I seem to be getting hitchy movement in the video where there is fast movement (like from the wake of a boat for example)...I'm new to the video world, so I'm wondering is it my card? Is the video not writing to the card fast enough?? It seems to be when I'm shooting at higher resolutions...Maybe I just need to test more.... I'm using iMovie to edit my video, so could it be that? would it be better with something like PremierPro or Final Cut Pro? Any advice is helpful.

Thanks

Look into editing in proxy within PR and FCP. 4K videos are large files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers