Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just Off the Phone with Yuneec USA

So is this the CGOET that I mentioned in my earlier posts? I don't think anybody commented on my statements about that camera made for the Typhoon H.

Seemed the timing and FCC approval on 4/29/16 all fell into a cause for Yuneec's delayed release.

I'm all for a better camera and glass--- That's why I bought this drone-- For videography work.

Still, I figured the "surprise" was an accessory or voucher for a future product.

Thanks for sharing the news :)

CGOET is a thermal camera.

Looked closer at the internal pictures, it's got a FLIR Lepton sensor inside. It's the 50 degree FOV version with shutter. I have mixed feelings with that choice. Much cheaper sensor but really low resolution at 80h x 60w. The shutter version means it can do temperature calibration internally for reasonably accurate spot measurements. Combined with the normal camera you can do overlays just like the FLIR One that they make for cell phones. It's better than nothing, but not usable for telling the difference between a person and a cow at 200ft. Upshot is the whole setup could probably be sold for $500 range depending on what the other camera is and how much they mark it up.

Like everything else so far, that's an educated guess and we won't know for sure until they announce it. I can definitely say that's a FLIR Lepton 2.0 sensor w/ 50 degree FOV and 80x60 resolution though, unless they're working behind the scenes with FLIR on a new sensor in the same package.

Called Carolina Dronz this afternoon, the guy who answered said in a realistic tone that they are expecting their orders to arrive sometime next week. Can't wait though, my other drone is a Blade 350 QX2 with a GoPro plastic mount. The H is going to make it seem like this whole time before I've been getting aerials via carrier pigeon lol.

Ah man, they are a couple hours from me and I was hoping to drive down this saturday and pick one up.

I think Yuneec should send out tracking numbers to all pre-order customers to prove they have actually shipped to the dealers. o_O

Not that I don't trust Yuneec

Called Carolina Dronz this afternoon, the guy who answered said in a realistic tone that they are expecting their orders to arrive sometime next week. Can't wait though, my other drone is a Blade 350 QX2 with a GoPro plastic mount. The H is going to make it seem like this whole time before I've been getting aerials via carrier pigeon lol.

I can literally NEVER get them to answer the phone no matter what time of day.

Last edited:
Frank the owner email me and said they would have them by the end of this week.

Im thinking my chances are slim at getting one with their initial shipment. I preordered 5/8 so I'm probably looking at another 2 weeks.

Most likely. I don' know how many preorders Capt Crunch had and how many units he actually received with the 1st shipment but I would say it is less than 20% most likely. I ordered early and am one of the 1st 10 pre-orders. I'm just waiting to see my shipping info any day now.

Frank does a good job but, like me, can't be near the phone or computer all the time. As I grow, I'll be able to hire someone to be here 24/7, and I'm sure he will, too.

Fair enough I'm just baffled at how I can call in the morning, at lunch and twice in the mid afternoon and get voicemail.

dunno...the guy I spoke with earlier this week at C.D. made it sound like not all of the first shipment of drones was spoken for...hoping that is true as I put my order in with them this week as well.

The 1st shipment from what I heard are already reserved for those who have paid in full. I am sure they will be getting another run in next week as well.

dunno...the guy I spoke with earlier this week at C.D. made it sound like not all of the first shipment of drones was spoken for...hoping that is true as I put my order in with them this week as well.

The reason I was calling was not about "when am I getting the H" but mainly to ask if shipping was free since I was only charged the $1299, no tax (out of state) and nothing was ever mentioned about shipping even though all other drone shops I looked into charged for it.

Most likely. I don' know how many preorders Capt Crunch had and how many units he actually received with the 1st shipment but I would say it is less than 20% most likely. I ordered early and am one of the 1st 10 pre-orders. I'm just waiting to see my shipping info any day now.

Wait...Capt. Crunch got his first order in already? Missed that. Cool!

Does anyone else thinks it feels like we purchased a $1300 lottery ticket, as opposed to a purchase? Every day we log on to the computer and see if it is our lucky day. Guess I was not very lucky today. I'll check back tomorrow.

Reactions: equinator

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro