Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing GPS Much Shorter Distances Since Update!

Something I invented while eating breakfast this morning. I've named it the Egg Blaster 2000. :) But your guess is correct, it's a take off from the windsurfer. 100% ridiculous, but it works like a charm! Stay tuned for the video.

View attachment 2885
That looks eggzactly like what I've been tinkering with! I'm not eggzagerating either! You'll have to eggscuse me for trying to be funny, it's eggcruciatingly not funny.

that is awesome.............. I can see somebody's wife opening the fridge and eggs falling on the floor and yelling who took the carton...........lol great job

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Hi Guys...the egg puns are funny :)....but back to the topic at hand from DC....should I wait to update? I'm in the U.S. and usually only get about 1500ft (stock antennas) ....I certainly don't want to get less range with the new firmware release :-(

Brandon others are not having this issue. I don't know if it was just an issue I am having. I did yesterday evening send her out and got on stock antennas about 1,700 feet, which is the average I have been getting at this location. I will test more today and see if she holds out okay still. other than that she fly's just fine!

Brandon others are not having this issue. I don't know if it was just an issue I am having. I did yesterday evening send her out and got on stock antennas about 1,700 feet, which is the average I have been getting at this location. I will test more today and see if she holds out okay still. other than that she fly's just fine!

Thanks D.C. I'll stand by on this...I'm one of the lucky ones who has had no problems so far (knock on wood) and I still have the original firmware that shipped with my H....however the latest firmware release with the cruise control feature sounds really good to me, so I'm looking forward to doing the update...but I don't want compass issues or a loss of range which seems to have been reported by several posters....

Now you have me thinking... Perhaps (just a guess) that Yuneec has tweaked (in this firmware update) the transmission for the new ST16 Plus with the new external 3 antenna design.

After reading this thread, I just called Yuneec. I explained the problems many are having with the transmission distance since the update. The gentleman stated they do not respond to complaints on the threads, blogs as many do not state specifics and are third parties. He went on to say, they have no issues reported for this firmware.

i still say after the first firmware the distant was messed up. just look at this test run with DBS antenna, used to get 8,000 ft now only get 4,000ft distant

Reactions: David Wilson
After reading this thread, I just called Yuneec. I explained the problems many are having with the transmission distance since the update. The gentleman stated they do not respond to complaints on the threads, blogs as many do not state specifics and are third parties. He went on to say, they have no issues reported for this firmware.
Oh man thats a classic response, wonder what Q card number that one was??? [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DroneClone
oh no Captaindrone sounds like its time to break out the egg carton antenna........lol.

Sorry could not pass that up, i loved the video...... seriously though I have not done any software updates since getting the H copter nor have I done a single update on the Q500 since new. Just mainly for this reason. I think from the different threads I read this has cost a few copters. I test fly when receive and if it flies well I do not update anything unless its a real major game changer.

That's not to say I don't experiment with code and add real additions such as CCC for typhoon H etc...

Cheers

Batfire

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123