Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first big problem after online upgrade

Reaction score
Yesterday evening i downloaded the latest firmware versions of the typhoon H and ST16

Typhoon H Firmware EU V3.01 from 16.11.2016
versions: Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.30, Camera:v3.2.26

ST16 firmware version V03.01.b27 from 16.11.2016

Until now i never had any problems with the ST16 and the Typhoon H Advanced
i always do the update the old way the Typhoon H firmware first on a micro SD card and in the camera.
Startup the ST16 and the Bird and first do a Typhoon H upgrade
After that i do the update of the ST16.

Since version 3.00 you can do a online upgrade
thats what i did yesterday evening
i first updated the ST 16 an then did a online update from the ST16 to the Typhoon H.
I did some small tests except flying and it seemd to work.
Today afternoon i was ready for flying and i had 2 major problems
first sometimes my video streaming was freezing, but i could still move the gimbal.
second problem is that i have all the connections and status on the ST16 i can move the Gimbal and after pushing the red button. sometimes the typhoon H is arming. But i get no reaction of the sticks.

Small info i also changed the expo settings on J2 - J3 - J4, But did not touch the J1 yestery evening (i have mode 2 on the ST16)
could it be that those expo settings are the reason why i get no response from my sticks. If i go into the Monitoring i see everything moving on the ST16.
Another small info i still have the old ST16 with 2 external antennas.

Good this is i think i made a copy of the model before changing the expo settings.
I will try to select the copied model and will try it.

if someone has an idea let me now

i think i will never do a online update again ... the old way is the best ...

Marnix Verschraegen
Belgium

O

another small info since i bought the craft begin of june 2016 i always had to wait 2 minutes to have a wifi connection between the ST16 and the camera.
nothing helped.

Marnix

Following the most recent update the first thing I would suggest is create a new model and do the binding process from the beginning. Bind the H and then the camera. Clear the flight data on the ST16 before doing this.

When you see the video freeze, it is the 5.8GHz video signal dropping out. It does not affect the controls or the camera.

Following the most recent update the first thing I would suggest is create a new model and do the binding process from the beginning. Bind the H and then the camera. Clear the flight data on the ST16 before doing this.

When you see the video freeze, it is the 5.8GHz video signal dropping out. It does not affect the controls or the camera.

Yes i could do that again. But my main problem was no reaction on my sticks. and sometimes would not arm.

Marnix

Yes, I understand. Creating a new model, clearing the flight data and rebinding may fix the problems. It's the first thing to try. Also, allow the H to sit about 13 minutes after booting before you start the motors. You only need to do that on the first flight.

Yes, I understand. Creating a new model, clearing the flight data and rebinding may fix the problems. It's the first thing to try. Also, allow the H to sit about 13 minutes after booting before you start the motors. You only need to do that on the first flight.

I have already with the H around 30 flights without any problem. Always on the same location, but i always do a compas calibration the first flight of the day (something i learned to do with the DJI Phantoms and inspire after some almost catastrofic flights)

I have already with the H around 30 flights without any problem. Always on the same location, but i always do a compas calibration the first flight of the day (something i learned to do with the DJI Phantoms and inspire after some almost catastrofic flights)
When you install a firmware update all of the calibrations and coordinates get erased, even the time and date on the ST16. Generally you only need to do the calibrations once after an update. The compass calibration is much different on the H than with DJI and you should not have to calibrate it again unless you get a warning on the ST16 or you see a flashing orange light on the H.

What is the source of this Info :confused:
The time to first fix (TTFF) is documented on many sites. It is generally 12.5 minutes. After the first fix, subsequent fixes are around a minute or less because the GPS unit memorizes it's last location and therefore knows which sats to look for. Even though the ST16 may show 12 to 16 sats or more, the exact position takes much longer if the data has been erased during a firmware update or if the unit is started a thousand miles from it's last location.

The time to first fix (TTFF) is documented on many sites. It is generally 12.5 minutes. After the first fix, subsequent fixes are around a minute or less because the GPS unit memorizes it's last location and therefore knows which sats to look for. Even though the ST16 may show 12 to 16 sats or more, the exact position takes much longer if the data has been erased during a firmware update or if the unit is started a thousand miles from it's last location.

Sorry, never had any GPS-Problems, never needed to wait xx minutes, GPS lock needs only some minutes, same for this after any updates and same for this for the H and ST16. Possible, there is a different hardware used by yuneec, that has a problem.

But I do no understand, why ppl make an update and ignore the HowTo from Yuneec and then they call it "I have a big problem ...."

Yesterday evening i downloaded the latest firmware versions of the typhoon H and ST16

Typhoon H Firmware V3.01 from 16.11.2016

""sometimes my video streaming was freezing, but i could still move the gimbal.

I'm having same problem with my video freezing also. I never had a problem with video freezing until this update. Does anyone know the cause of the video freeze? One thing I noticed was that some of the videos/photos were being stored locally on the ST16 as opposed to the SD Card in the CGO3+ and I'm not sure where the setting is to select storage location. Also, it seems to only happen for the first recording, once the video reconnects it doesn't freeze any more.

I'm having same problem with my video freezing also. I never had a problem with video freezing until this update. Does anyone know the cause of the video freeze? One thing I noticed was that some of the videos/photos were being stored locally on the ST16 as opposed to the SD Card in the CGO3+ and I'm not sure where the setting is to select storage location. Also, it seems to only happen for the first recording, once the video reconnects it doesn't freeze any more.
Pictures and videos are stored on the SD card, with a lower resolution version of the most recent pics being storedd on the ST16 for local review.

Pictures and videos are stored on the SD card, with a lower resolution version of the most recent pics being storedd on the ST16 for local review.
Looks like I had a corrupted SD card in the in the CGO3+, I put a new card in and the videos were stored on the card.

Typhoon H Firmware EU V3.01 from 16.11.2016

Until now i never had any problems with the ST16 and the Typhoon H Advanced
i always do the update the old way the Typhoon H firmware first on a micro SD card and in the camera.
Startup the ST16 and the Bird and first do a Typhoon H upgrade
After that i do the update of the ST16.

Since version 3.00 you can do a online upgrade
thats what i did yesterday evening
i first updated the ST 16 an then did a online update from the ST16 to the Typhoon H.
I did some small tests except flying and it seemd to work.
Today afternoon i was ready for flying and i had 2 major problems
first sometimes my video streaming was freezing, but i could still move the gimbal.
second problem is that i have all the connections and status on the ST16 i can move the Gimbal and after pushing the red button. sometimes the typhoon H is arming. But i get no reaction of the sticks.

Small info i also changed the expo settings on J2 - J3 - J4, But did not touch the J1 yestery evening (i have mode 2 on the ST16)
could it be that those expo settings are the reason why i get no response from my sticks. If i go into the Monitoring i see everything moving on the ST16.
Another small info i still have the old ST16 with 2 external antennas.

Good this is i think i made a copy of the model before changing the expo settings.
I will try to select the copied model and will try it.

if someone has an idea let me now

i think i will never do a online update again ... the old way is the best ...

Marnix Verschraegen
Belgium
Jazzman, I had the same problem when I upgraded my Q500 it started play merry **** so I reset to factory and manually reloaded all settings, and with my 2 H's I haven't done any updates and I've had no problems, I fly for fun and fly hard but no problems, reading this forum weekly I have said before that a lot of the problems appear after upgrades, all the upgrades appeal more to commercial operators, I fly for fun and photogphy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight