Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

my typhoon h pro with realsense destroyed

Reaction score
I was flying at night about 100 feet up and about 150 away wheni heard a loud pop so I tried to retrieve the drone half way back the lights went out and tumbled to the ground and its damise anyone else have this problem?

Flying at night at that distance?...not something i would consider...how safe can that be. Not sure Yuneec will honor that...any help in the telemetry?

Reactions: thomashall1993
Do you have pictures of the damaged aircraft? Also, if you could provide the telemetry data we could take a look into it. Never Heard of such an incident.

Greetings!

An air vehicle lit up as well as the H is quite visible and controllable in darkness. A couple hundred feet distant generates zero issues with sight and control for those that have practiced night flight. Google "XFC" for some exciting night flight examples.

I have a strong feeling that we'll never hear back from this incident.. (or at least we wont get any telemetry data) :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong flying at night as long as you have the waiver and the proper strobe lights FAA requires for drones.
Flying at night is more risky but a good pilot will be aware of his surroundings. Some people just aren't made to fly at night let alone in the daytime.:D

Reactions: ThunderChicken
An air vehicle lit up as well as the H is quite visible and controllable in darkness. A couple hundred feet distant generates zero issues with sight and control for those that have practiced night flight. Google "XFC" for some exciting night flight examples.

I concur, and have some rather nice night shots.

Yep. Night fly activities are totally okay, and even encouraged at the local RC field. And there's nothing standard or approved about any of the setups these guys use... some of which are quite beautiful and impressive!

FAA only will squak if your a registered pilot. Most of the rules will not apply to a hobbyist. Depending on what your flying. See I can take my race drone out and fly at night for fun los no one around and won't get in trouble. Now the H is used for business and pleasure so the rules apply because the bird makes money. So the h and me have to abide by the laws. When your doing it for hobby most will not breach the 400feet or fly miles away. It all draws down to the PIlot in command using good judgement. You can fly at night. The AMA made sure to fight for our rights. Some of these guys have never flown. Some of us have been in the air for years with many aircrafts. Drones are the newest additions.

Last edited:
Give us your telemetry file. It will be a fun one to look at. Might be able to help diagnose the problem

FAA only will squak if your a registered pilot. Most of the rules will not apply to a hobbyist. Depending on what your flying. See I can take my race drone out and fly at night for fun los no one around and won't get in trouble. Now the H is used for business and pleasure so the rules apply because the bird makes money. So the h and me have to abide by the laws. When your doing it for hobby most will not breach the 400feet or fly miles away. It all draws down to the PIlot in command using good judgement. You can fly at night. The AMA made sure to fight for our rights. Some of these guys have never flown. Some of us have been in the air for years with many aircrafts. Drones are the newest additions.

The FAA looks at each separate flight of a UAV on a flight by flight basis. Whether your a triple 3 operator, part 107 or hobbyist, you have to determine the flight rules you are to be under during that flight. Obviously a hobbyist cannot operate under the either of the commercial rule structures, however a 333 or 107 holder can indeed fly their craft as a hobbyist and in the event that one is a holder of both commercial types or ratings they can operate under any of the three but must complete the entire flight under one set of rules. For instance, you cannot take off to fly a quick commercial shoot of a piece of property in which your using your 107 to operate commercially and with the last 5 minutes of battery fly under hobby rules.

Reactions: AH-1G and PatR
however a 333 or 107 holder can indeed fly their craft as a hobbyist and in the event that one is a holder of both commercial types or ratings they can operate under any of the three but must complete the entire flight under one set of rules

I don't know...are you sure about this? I'm thinking I have seen info to the contrary. Where's @PatR, I'll bet he will know?

Pretty Sure Ray. Here is a video with an FAA official being interviewed. Lot of good info in this video but it is long. Skip to about 39:00 to see the question asked and the answer at 39:55 he mentions the flight by flight statement.

Reactions: jchittam
He's correct Ray, although to stay on the "safe" side of the law I would not fly a system with commercial registration numbers at night without lights and a waiver. You can, but...

Although it's perfectly legal to fly it at night as an enthusiast for your enjoyment as long as no part of the flight can in any way bring "consideration", if something went wrong that generated the attention of the FAA, NTSB, or other LEA there would be some serious "splainin" to do. However, I will say the H is plenty well lit up for night flyin' within 500' or so of you when you are extremely aware of what's around it;)

Well done Ty Pilot.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers